• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

bmf895

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
I'm kind of liking the Expedition Parka with 30% off. Has anyone seen it in person? I'm a little concerned it may be very oversized given it's a parka.
Lands End sells a boys version for $99. So if you were going to order a small, grab a boys XL instead. You'll save a ton of $$$ and it will probably fit more to your liking. It's tough living in a country full of fatties. So until clothing companies acknowledge that not every American male sweats cheeseburger grease, shopping in the kids section may be our best alternative.

ingraman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmf895
Lands End sells a boys version for $99. So if you were going to order a small, grab a boys XL instead. You'll save a ton of $$$ and it will probably fit more to your liking.

It's tough living in a country full of fatties. So until clothing companies acknowledge that not every American male sweats cheeseburger grease, shopping in the kids section may be our best alternative.

I was going to jump on this till I noticed the ugly logo on the ass. Who's idea was that?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Just got some sweaters and the corps jacket using the code they got now. I got a 30% off coupon in my email, but found a 30% off + free shipping one online instead.

Code: LEFF, PIN: 1560 if anyone is interested.

Hey john--

Report back on the corps jacket when you get the chance!

BTW: I bought a peatcoat and Canvas jacket from the kids section in XL. The measuremens are about the as J Crew's oil field jacket LOL.

rfpgh

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but if I'm ~5'10 and 130 lbs, does LEC sell any shirts (button-shirts I mean) or sweaters that are going to fit me well? I impulse-bought one of those Groupons and now I don't know if there's anything I can safely spend it on.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rfpgh
Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but if I'm ~5'10 and 130 lbs, does LEC sell any shirts (button-shirts I mean) or sweaters that are going to fit me well? I impulse-bought one of those Groupons and now I don't know if there's anything I can safely spend it on.
Their chambray shirts are very good and the small are VERY small. I think that might fit you in small. The poplins are a bit bigger.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Groupon deal sort of sucks...don't even get the 3-for-$12 each t-shirt pricing when using the Groupon, I would have been better off just using the 30% and free shipping deal. Oh well.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmf895
Lands End sells a boys version for $99. So if you were going to order a small, grab a boys XL instead. You'll save a ton of $$$ and it will probably fit more to your liking.

It's tough living in a country full of fatties. So until clothing companies acknowledge that not every American male sweats cheeseburger grease, shopping in the kids section may be our best alternative.

just got a down jacket, will see how it plays out, kids XL

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah its conformed that im never shopping from these idiots again.

i sent in my re-order form and all they did was refund me the money. and now one of the colours of the poplins is sold out.

honestly what the **** do they have people with autism doing the re order processing?

bombers

Reaction score
That sucks, but if you complain to customer service I'm sure they'll cover shipping or give you some kind of discounts.

eightdouble

Reaction score
a few weeks ago i ordered the chambray work shirt when it was on sale for like 16 bucks... it was back ordered.

i got a handwritten note from their customer service department on a card telling me how this would be my new favorite shirt and how i would live in it, etc. a handwritten note was a pretty nice touch, but the very next day i got a computerized form letter telling me that it was out of stock and they were not getting any more and that my credit card would not be charged for it.

way to get me all excited for 'my new favorite shirt' and then leave me with blue balls.

still, for the price this stuff is nice to add a few pieces to your closet. i cannot fathom how anyone can spend 6 bills there (as the guy above did), did you buy two of everything?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads