Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. bmf895

bmf895 Senior member

I'm kind of liking the Expedition Parka with 30% off. Has anyone seen it in person? I'm a little concerned it may be very oversized given it's a parka.
    Lands End sells a boys version for $99. So if you were going to order a small, grab a boys XL instead. You'll save a ton of $$$ and it will probably fit more to your liking. It's tough living in a country full of fatties. So until clothing companies acknowledge that not every American male sweats cheeseburger grease, shopping in the kids section may be our best alternative.

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

^ Thanks for the heads up.
    I might just try out the XL.

3. ingraman

ingraman Well-Known Member

Lands End sells a boys version for $99. So if you were going to order a small, grab a boys XL instead. You'll save a ton of $$$ and it will probably fit more to your liking.

It's tough living in a country full of fatties. So until clothing companies acknowledge that not every American male sweats cheeseburger grease, shopping in the kids section may be our best alternative.

I was going to jump on this till I noticed the ugly logo on the ass. Who's idea was that?

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Just got some sweaters and the corps jacket using the code they got now. I got a 30% off coupon in my email, but found a 30% off + free shipping one online instead.

Code: LEFF, PIN: 1560 if anyone is interested.

5. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Just got some sweaters and the corps jacket using the code they got now. I got a 30% off coupon in my email, but found a 30% off + free shipping one online instead.

Code: LEFF, PIN: 1560 if anyone is interested.

Hey john--

Report back on the corps jacket when you get the chance!

BTW: I bought a peatcoat and Canvas jacket from the kids section in XL. The measuremens are about the as J Crew's oil field jacket LOL.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I just kopped $6bills worth of crap. Again. Will report back if any of it is worth keeping.

7. rfpgh

rfpgh Active Member

Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but if I'm ~5'10 and 130 lbs, does LEC sell any shirts (button-shirts I mean) or sweaters that are going to fit me well? I impulse-bought one of those Groupons and now I don't know if there's anything I can safely spend it on.

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but if I'm ~5'10 and 130 lbs, does LEC sell any shirts (button-shirts I mean) or sweaters that are going to fit me well? I impulse-bought one of those Groupons and now I don't know if there's anything I can safely spend it on.
    Their chambray shirts are very good and the small are VERY small. I think that might fit you in small. The poplins are a bit bigger.

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Groupon deal sort of sucks...don't even get the 3-for-$12 each t-shirt pricing when using the Groupon, I would have been better off just using the 30% and free shipping deal. Oh well.

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Lands End sells a boys version for $99. So if you were going to order a small, grab a boys XL instead. You'll save a ton of $$$ and it will probably fit more to your liking.

It's tough living in a country full of fatties. So until clothing companies acknowledge that not every American male sweats cheeseburger grease, shopping in the kids section may be our best alternative.

just got a down jacket, will see how it plays out, kids XL

11. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

yeah its conformed that im never shopping from these idiots again.

i sent in my re-order form and all they did was refund me the money. and now one of the colours of the poplins is sold out.

honestly what the fuck do they have people with autism doing the re order processing?

12. bombers

bombers Senior member

That sucks, but if you complain to customer service I'm sure they'll cover shipping or give you some kind of discounts.

13. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

a few weeks ago i ordered the chambray work shirt when it was on sale for like 16 bucks... it was back ordered.

i got a handwritten note from their customer service department on a card telling me how this would be my new favorite shirt and how i would live in it, etc. a handwritten note was a pretty nice touch, but the very next day i got a computerized form letter telling me that it was out of stock and they were not getting any more and that my credit card would not be charged for it.

way to get me all excited for 'my new favorite shirt' and then leave me with blue balls.

still, for the price this stuff is nice to add a few pieces to your closet. i cannot fathom how anyone can spend 6 bills there (as the guy above did), did you buy two of everything?

14. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

http://www.valetmag.com/the-mix/1112...ndex2_top_lead

A review of the infamous LEC boot everyone was so curious about. It looks like the reviewers at Valet have a differing opinion. To be honest, from what I've seen, I'd rather go with a pair of LL Bean Katahdins.

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

^ Hell yeah.