• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
That sucks, but if you complain to customer service I'm sure they'll cover shipping or give you some kind of discounts.

all they can do is free shipping

whatever. im just gonna re-order the chambray shirt because i actually like it, the poplins are pretty meh.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Anyone order the "Men's Heritage Cotton Coat?" Tempting at the price, worried that it might be a little long though...

eightdouble

Reaction score
lol. Do all Sears take back LE/LEC or do they have to carry the line in order to return in store?

i live in the city, but the only canvas stores are in the burbs. i bought a few things out there one time and the girl said i could return it to any sears, since i told her i wasn't interested in driving an hour to return a shirt.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol. Do all Sears take back LE/LEC or do they have to carry the line in order to return in store?

yes you can return them to any Sears. I took mine back and we don't have a LEC stock within 500 miles! They instantly credited it back to my acct.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coal_Mining_Polak
Anyone order the "Men's Heritage Cotton Coat?" Tempting at the price, worried that it might be a little long though...

Very interesting. I've been following this line since Aug, and I never saw it before.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I was curious about this so-called handwritten note, so I searched and found a couple pictures of them on-line.

They are so common among LE Canvas customers that they appear to be part of a standardized process, no more sincere than a form letter. Yet, I found many blog sites on the Internet where the recipients of these notes appear to actually believe that a customer service rep sat down, thought carefully about the purchase, and then sent them a nice note-- a truly heartfelt moment!

Ironically many customers likely know in the back of their mind just how fake and insincere these notes likely are, yet they still feel moved by it emotionally on some level. Why is that? These notes are analogous to the hot saleswomen telling you the clothing looks good on you while trying it on the store, except far more methodically thought out.

I would guess they have a different note pre-written for each product and keep track in their system so they never send you the same note twice. The notes could possibly be handwritten by a team of lowly paid people, but it's more likely they're using printing technology that makes it look real. Case in point: If the notes are truly handwritten by a busy CS rep, why are all of them so clear and legible?

lands-end-canvas-tankyounote.jpg

lol

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightdouble
i live in the city, but the only canvas stores are in the burbs. i bought a few things out there one time and the girl said i could return it to any sears, since i told her i wasn't interested in driving an hour to return a shirt.

You can take them back to any Sears, BUT ... my experience is the best place to do returns is at a Sears with a Lands' End (not necessarily LEC) section. First time I tried doing a return, I went to a Sears that didn't have a Lands' End section. It ended up working out, but took 20 minutes, and the cashier had to call in a manager.

millerni

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a red chambray, but was hoping to get a couple of opinions on sizing. I'm 6'0 145 pounds and the heritage poplin is pretty much a perfect fit. I've read a few posts mentioning the chambray fitting a bit smaller, but I'm just curious to know if it's that much smaller that I'd need to size up to a medium.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by millerni
I'm about to pull the trigger on a red chambray, but was hoping to get a couple of opinions on sizing. I'm 6'0 145 pounds and the heritage poplin is pretty much a perfect fit. I've read a few posts mentioning the chambray fitting a bit smaller, but I'm just curious to know if it's that much smaller that I'd need to size up to a medium.
Are you a small in the poplin? I'm a small in poplin and went with medium in the red chambray after originally ordering a small. The small is just way too short in the sleeves and very tight. I'm 6'0" and 156 lbs. The small in the poplin is a perfect fit but I had to get the red chambray tailored in medium. I guess you should get a medium and then just spend ~$15 to get back darts.

eightdouble

Reaction score
i'm 6 feet tall, 168 lbs and i love the fit of the small chambray. maybe i just like my fits a little trimer than clarksdb, but i can't imagine that you'd be a medium.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya or maybe my sleeve length is longer, not sure. You can always get a small and then if you find it too tight return it to a Sears and then order a medium + tailor it.

They have the easiest returns. Much better than J Crew which I have to make sure I get the size right.

bombers

Reaction score
^^^

what's the sleeve length (shoulder seam to cuff) of the chambray in small or medium that you got?

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
A few things

a) The sale has been extended through tomorrow night, due to the problems with their website. It will end at 12 midnight CENTRAL time (just as tonight's was due to end at 12 central, 1 AM Eastern).

b) I'm surprised to see the differing opinions on fit from guys with seemingly similar builds. I'm 5"11, 155, somewhat "built"and Steven Alan's Single Needle in medium is perhaps the best fitting shirt I've tried on recently. So, if this gives anyone any better information, I'd love some advice

c) Does anyone have specific experience with the LEC Wool Peacoat? I need to change up my go to winter coat, and I can't not at least try this out, since it will be $119. Always need to size down with their outwear? Thinking I might go with a Schott Slim Fit soon (better color, recc's abound for them), but have to at least give this LEC a try.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Ordered a purple OCBD and a mainline Hyde Park talored-fit OCBD as recommended by matt22616. Unfortuanately, the latter is back ordered and wouldn't be shipped until 12/09. Seriously? A month?

Cheezewhiz

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the leather lace up boots in person? I can't seem to find any on google past the store pictures. Interested but just want to be positive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads