• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love san francisco

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
I've always wanted to visit SF, but now having read this thread I don't. I became convinced it is a **** hole. So, I will continue then to vacation in the winter around San Diego
frown.gif

People in this thread are idiots. SF is great. Kunk is my boi and he knows whats up.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having lived in SF for a while now, I've found this to be true about the transportation:

1) Subway (Bart) is a joke. It makes one slash across the city. If your destination isn't near the slash, you have to cab or bus.

2) The bus system works okay once you hold your nose and take the leap.

3) I don't know what people are talking about in terms of dirty cabs. The problem is finding them. It can be the most annoying part of a day; you're late, you want a cab, and you literally can't buy a ride. If it's raining forget about it. Forget about everything--you're not going anywhere.

Other than that it's an incredibly beautiful city.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand the taxi complaints and the homeless and so on, but I saw a ton of cute girls. "All the 6s think they're 9s" is some internet-thuggin' "I only **** supermodels" bullshit.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I can understand the taxi complaints and the homeless and so on, but I saw a ton of cute girls. "All the 6s think they're 9s" is some internet-thuggin' "I only **** supermodels" bullshit.
I saw plenty of women who I thought were hawt and bonarable in SF. Then again, I'm a solid 2 with mommy issues.

peter wolf

Reaction score
I could not agree more with the post about hating San Francisco. And for all the exact same reasons. I remember that city when it was wonderful, in the mid 60's. Starting in the early 70's it began its downhill slide until you have what you see today. The world's largest open air, public urinal. Or as Robin Williams calls it; 'A human game preserve.' The place is a filthy disaster. Walking out of a mens store ( Prada) a couple years ago, a bum walked past me and spit on my leg. Had I not been late for my flight ( and wearing nice clothes) I would have chased him down and beat the crap out of him. I too will only go back there if I had a body guard accompanying me.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
It's a great place if you're into the dirty hipster type. I happen to be, and saw a lot of boanable chicks. Art History majors no doubt.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the first celebrity I remember wanting to bone (before really I knew what boning was) - Winona Ryder circa 1990.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that, for an effete liberal elite town of trust-fund hipsters, the city seems pretty receptive to good Americana. All the alt-country bands seem to have made it a regular stop, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass every year, etc..

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey Michelle, where do all the hot girls in SF hang out?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh...it's not too bad. But then, I can travel with a gun. Some of you must not have realized that Dirty Harry was actually a documentary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads