• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
that's just what you'd want us to think

worship.gif

(
eh.gif
)

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you hate San Francisco, you should definitely *not* come to this:

It's time again for another Lost Landscapes show! This year's
screening, the fifth, caps off a year of hunting and gathering
(please, let me know if you have San Francisco-related footage!) and
will feature many new sequences, quite possibly including:

-- extremely rare footage (ca. 1918) of gliders flying over the mostly unbuilt Sunset District dunes
-- Prohibition-era home movies showing edgy hijinks in Golden Gate Park and throughout the city
-- unseen film of late-1960s activism at San Francisco State, the Presidio and elsewhere
-- San Francisco travelogues (unseen for many years, and you'll see why)
-- the usual street scenes, plus new footage of Key System trains
-- newly-found San Francisco family films shot in the neighborhoods
-- and much, much more.

Remember -- you're the soundtrack! As an (inter)active audience,
you'll be invited to shout out questions, identify scenes and
personalities, and fill the room with repartee.

Like last year, this season's show will be at Herbst Theatre on Van
Ness, in the Civic Center, on Thursday, December 16th (doors 7:00,
show 7:30). There will be surprises, of course.

Tickets are now on sale. Here's the link to buy them. I'd advise
visiting it very soon, as this event has tended to sell out quickly:

http://www.cityboxoffice.com/eventpe...s.asp?evt=1585

Here's the Long Now Foundation's page on the event:

http://www.longnow.org/seminars/0201...n-francisco-5/

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
One thing to think about in Marin is a lot of those wooded lots, particularly ones covered in Redwoods as in the pic, can be coldish and foggy all year round. Take care to notice the exposure (souther, northern) and if it is on the bottom of a canyon. Those trees block out a **** load of light and while living among them can have an awesome sylvan feeling the lack of light and perpetual dampness can be trying.

Can I clear cut the lot and sell the trees for lumber?

I was at an event this morning and two people said, "Oh, you'll love SF!" What is the bizarre hold this place has on people?

One guy said, Protrero Hill or Noe Valley. PH I semi dug as it has a commanding view of the freeway and a restaurant. NV, not so much.

lefty

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Last page very helpful. Drive or walk.

I like this place:

21025863_P00.jpg
21025863_P03.jpg

21025863_P06.jpg
21025863_P07.jpg

Maybe I need to rethink Marin.

lefty

Apart from Marin, you will find similar homes / setting in Portola Valley and Woodside in the Peninsula.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If you hate it so much - live somewhere else.

I commuted from SF to LA for 4 years, because I couldn't stomach the thought of moving there full-time. I don't get the love for LA - yeah, there are plenty of beautiful women, once they've had 3 or 4 rounds of plastic surgery and have used their makeup guns.

Just buy your palace in the Valley a short ride from the Burbank Airport.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
I don't get the love for LA - yeah, there are plenty of beautiful women, once they've had 3 or 4 rounds of plastic surgery and have used their makeup guns.
I'm confused as to what the problem is here?
confused.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^I have to move there for a minimum of two years.

That or put myself into suspended animation.

lefty

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The cable car also sucks, though it goes right by my house, so I take that every two years.
Often when I meet certain visiting tailors who happen to stay at a hotel on Nob Hill ... I'll visit the Union Square area first ... to do a bit of shopping ... for necessities, of course. Rather than drive up the hill ... I'll walk (a nice bit of exercise) ... leaving my car at a garage near the Square. After my visit with the tailor ... I'll sometimes hop a Cable Car for the ride back down.

Last time I was scolded for litterally hopping on while the cable car was it was in motion. But ... the driver put it this way. "Dressed like that I know you aren't a tourist. You should know better. But dressed like that, I can't get too mad at ya. You obviously ain't some tourist using this thing as a carnival ride."

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
hella mad.
mad.gif

PS: My parents did not travel 3000 miles across the ******* pacific ocean to see this city overrun by ******* transplants.

An earlier and more literate version of this quote is as follows: My great-grandfather did not sail across 4,000 miles of Atlantic Ocean to see this country overrun by immigrants.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jc138
[O]n looks of the city alone, SF takes the U.S. crown. I'd still rather live in LA.
And I'd imagine that most people in San Francisco are glad you feel this way.

An out of hand population is detrimental to the Bay Area ... but is part of the charm of L.A.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
^^I have to move there for a minimum of two years.

That or put myself into suspended animation.

lefty

2 years, eh? You'll be dancing on stage at the Nob Hill Theater before it's over.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
2 years, eh? You'll be dancing on stage at the Nob Hill Theater before it's over.
I recall having driven by there. The appearance of the place -- in particular, the signage -- did not speak to me.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Everyone I know who has visited SF loves it, too.

But I'm only discussing aesthetics. Getting a bit tiring now...

GF and I visited SF about two weeks ago. We loved it. Nice city, good restaurants.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I clear cut the lot and sell the trees for lumber?

I was at an event this morning and two people said, "Oh, you'll love SF!" What is the bizarre hold this place has on people?

One guy said, Protrero Hill or Noe Valley. PH I semi dug as it has a commanding view of the freeway and a restaurant. NV, not so much.

lefty

It would be easier to get a permit to drown kittens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads