• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last scene with the FBI agent was disgusting.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Nucky's tramp girlfriend is not cool.
The more I see Paz de la Huerta the less I have any attraction for her. Good body to be sure but my God is she a hardcore butterface (And please, don't tell me she looks better in the show, she doesn't). And that voice.

Willie5566

Reaction score
The show took another step up last night in my opinion. The introduction of Meyer Lanski. Jimmy teaming up with the half faced sniper. I think Nucky's character became a lot deeper with a look into his abusive upbringing. How about Nucky fixing up his dads place and then torches it? Bad ass!

I like that the pressure is going to mount on Nucky thanks to Lucky and Co. It will be interested to see how he responds. It also looks like Jimmy is going to cross paths with Nucky again.

whallyden

Reaction score
The Phantom of the Opera organ music during the sniper scene was awesome
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I think you're completely missing the point of this Nucky character. Buscemi is just perfect for the way this character is written, and he's acting it with surgical precision.

+1

I was catching up on Boardwalk Empire so have avoided this thread until now. But I'm really surprised at the general disappointment--I was on board from the first episode.

Much of the frustration seems to be based on the fact that this isn't the Sopranos. Agreed that it's not like the Sopranos but 1. it's a different show and 2. that's a pretty high standard for comparison. (3. Profit?)

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGimpy
+1

I was catching up on Boardwalk Empire so have avoided this thread until now. But I'm really surprised at the general disappointment--I was on board from the first episode.

Much of the frustration seems to be based on the fact that this isn't the Sopranos. Agreed that it's not like the Sopranos but 1. it's a different show and 2. that's a pretty high standard for comparison. (3. Profit?)

yeah but they set the standard when they went for a mafia show,but i agree its getting better and gaining some steam.
my only problem is that Tony was never afraid to get his hands dirty and was actually intimaditing,nucky not so much.
lets put it this way if tonys crew came into that hood they would have ran things within 2 weeks.

Saigon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willie5566
The show took another step up last night in my opinion. The introduction of Meyer Lanski. Jimmy teaming up with the half faced sniper. I think Nucky's character became a lot deeper with a look into his abusive upbringing. How about Nucky fixing up his dads place and then torches it? Bad ass!

I like that the pressure is going to mount on Nucky thanks to Lucky and Co. It will be interested to see how he responds. It also looks like Jimmy is going to cross paths with Nucky again.

The sniper is sick. His voice together with the story about his sniper mask had me glued to the screen when he was on. He's one of the most engaging characters next to Al and Chalkie. I'm definitely warming up to Jimmy too.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess I was the only one that wasn't a fan of the episode? The sniper scene was cool until they digitized the shot to make sure we knew it was in fact a sniper that killed the guy. Lesbo scene was random - though I thought the girl would be with Jimmy's mom, that would've been interesting. Torching the house didn't excite me, a Nucky thing would've just frowned and left the house with the kid. Needed more Meyer Lanski scenes.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
yeah but they set the standard when they went for a mafia show,but i agree its getting better and gaining some steam.
my only problem is that Tony was never afraid to get his hands dirty and was actually intimaditing,nucky not so much.
lets put it this way if tonys crew came into that hood they would have ran things within 2 weeks.

nucky's a public figure...not really in a position to just run amok and muscle people. his storyline is about corruption, not mafia shenanigans like the people he's involved with.

i really liked the last episode. sniper has my vote and had me engaged more than any previous character/episode.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I guess I was the only one that wasn't a fan of the episode? The sniper scene was cool until they digitized the shot to make sure we knew it was in fact a sniper that killed the guy. Lesbo scene was random - though I thought the girl would be with Jimmy's mom, that would've been interesting. Torching the house didn't excite me, a Nucky thing would've just frowned and left the house with the kid. Needed more Meyer Lanski scenes.

+1

I think the previous episode was paced a lot better as this felt like it dragged on. Any episode with less Capone and less of Nucky's old mistress is alright though. And the sniper is definitely one of the more interesting characters outside of Michael K. Williams' and Nucky.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
nucky's a public figure...not really in a position to just run amok and muscle people. his storyline is about corruption, not mafia shenanigans like the people he's involved with.

i really liked the last episode. sniper has my vote and had me engaged more than any previous character/episode.

+1. The sniper is the one of the most fascinating characters so far on the show. His voice and overall demeanor made him really interesting. Jimmy is turning into a real bad ass. The lesbian scene was pretty good, but both my wife and I commented on how saggy the boobs were.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crappy bras = crappy boobies.

I don't get the many marsupialed people that expect Nucky to be this intimidating bad ass. You do know he's Treasurer right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads