1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

There was already a reference to the sniper shooting someone right under their eye when he and Jimmy were talking in the hospital ward. So when the same thing happened to the guy in the restaurant there was no need to cut to the sniper putting away his rifle.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

There was already a reference to the sniper shooting someone right under their eye when he and Jimmy were talking in the hospital ward. So when the same thing happened to the guy in the restaurant there was no need to cut to the sniper putting away his rifle.
    I think it was more to show that he now had a "purpose" thanks to Jimmy and his pep talk. Plus, the phantom music was the only good scene other than the lesbos.

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I liked this scene a lot:

- "May I approach?"
    - "You may stay where the fuck you standin'."

- "Your momma know you out wearing your daddy's Sunday suit?"

4. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

nucky's a public figure...not really in a position to just run amok and muscle people. his storyline is about corruption, not mafia shenanigans like the people he's involved with.

i really liked the last episode. sniper has my vote and had me engaged more than any previous character/episode.

Exactly! People won't be satisfied until they see Nucky walk out of his room with an open bathrobe and go down the hall to pick up the newspaper like Tony Soprano did every episode. It's not The Sopranos. Get over it or go watch something else.

And +1 on the sniper. I'd be happy if he was a reoccurring character. Jack Huston, the cat that played him, apparently has some very fancy blood.

5. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

easily the best episode yet.

i think something...is going on between the dude and his momma. i think they did something before.

6. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

I really like the appearances of well-known people in the show, like Warren G. Harding in the last episode. "That imbecile is going to be the next President of the United States". Classic.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Good episode. WTF was Nucky thinking sending the Irish broad to secure his ledger?

I was surprised that FBI freak sent the money to Jimmy's wife and didn't keep it for his wife's operation. I guess he fought temptation (again).

So Nucky is getting Jimmy and One Eye? Muscling up it seems.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Good episode. WTF was Nucky thinking sending the Irish broad to secure his ledger? I was surprised that FBI freak sent the money to Jimmy's wife and didn't keep it for his wife's operation. I guess he fought temptation (again). So Nucky is getting Jimmy and One Eye? Muscling up it seems.
    I think he was looking for a) someone who he "trusts" which is becoming very apparent is almost nobody, and b) someone who plays for his team, which is team "Irish". He made the comment when talking to Jimmy about the Ital's and how he'd never fit in. He can't ask the alderman because they'd use the info against him. Plus, its not exactly like he can ask Mrs. always naked. I'm a little lost as to why the FBI guy is sending Jimmy's wife the cash. Anybody? Is Al going to go with Jimmy or are they splitting up?

9. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

I'm a little lost as to why the FBI guy is sending Jimmy's wife the cash. Anybody?

Jimmy was sending the money to his wife, but it was being intercepted at the post office by the FBI agent. It seemed the agent was going to just keep the money, then he finally sent it in one shipment to Jimmy's wife. He could have paid for his wife's procedure to help her get pregnant with the money, but he sent it to Jimmy's wife instead.

10. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

I'm a little lost as to why the FBI guy is sending Jimmy's wife the cash. Anybody?

I assumed he did it in order to avoid temptation. I don't think he really had any valid legal reason to be keeping it anyways.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Was it Jimmy's wife in the lesbo scene?

12. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Was it Jimmy's wife in the lesbo scene?

yeah, that's why she kept referencing her "friend" when talking to jimmy's mother.

13. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I assumed he did it in order to avoid temptation. I don't think he really had any valid legal reason to be keeping it anyways.

yeah, as weird and fucked as he his, he feels the need to adhere to his "christian values."

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

yeah, that's why she kept referencing her "friend" when talking to jimmy's mother.

Gotcha. Jimmy could be one lucky guy if he played his cards right.

15. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

Gotcha. Jimmy could be one lucky guy if he played his cards right.

Too bad Ms. Schroeder wasn't in the lesbo scene.

16. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

Too bad Ms. Schroeder wasn't in the lesbo scene.

Give it time...!

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Give it time...!
    +1. I suspect it will happen sooner rather than later. Thanks for clearing up the Jimmy's wife-money thing. I think I fast forwarded through that part.

18. willpower

willpower Senior member

I thought the sniper was excellent in this episode. Nucky seemed to take to him.

19. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

They could just have a show featuring his uncomfortable interactions with people and I'd be happy watching it.

20. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

easily the best episode yet.

i think something...is going on between the dude and his momma. i think they did something before.

I don't think she's actually his biological mom, probably his older sister. And I imagine we will be finding out the fate of his biological parents (and why Nucky feels responsible for him) soon enough.