• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jwied82

Reaction score
speedwork today. 6 x 1mile at the track (same session as last friday); 5:37, 5:23, 5:22, 5:19, 5:24, 5:13.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
speedwork today. 6 x 1mile at the track (same session as last friday); 5:37, 5:23, 5:22, 5:19, 5:24, 5:13.

What happened during mile 5 dude
eh.gif
(8) 6 mile repeats is pretty beast--what are you doing in between miles?

For me, just 5 with friends at a leisurely pace. Tomorrow: http://www.nyrr.org/races/2010/r1031x00.asp Overambitious (read: impossible for me) goal is sub 30.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.46 miles in 38:50 (8:44 avg. min/mi)

Today's extra-windy shuffle playlist:

Van Halen - "Loss of Control"
Phish - "Maze"
The Beatles - "You Never Give Me Your Money"
David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
Van Halen - "Atomic Punk"
King Crimson - "One Time"
Radiohead - "There There"
The Beatles - "Eight Days a Week"
Porcupine Tree - "Trains [Extended Version]"

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
5 followed by a terrible workshop about injuries w. a podiatrist/runner in Vibrams.
Was he just shilling for Vibrams or was it something else?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all, he was just a poor presenter trying to talk cogently without an outline. The subjects ran the gamut from tai chi, chinese herbs, forefoot running, etc. Pseudoscienctific mumbo jumbo. We did find out that a runner friend has like a 2 inch discrepancy in leg length, which is funny, but she can still run a 1:26 half...

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.8 yesterday with about 900 ft of elevation gain throughout (3 challenging hills that do about 200-250 over a half mile). it's a great feeling to push through and miles 9-11 end up feeling better than miles 3-5 (when i almost said ******* and felt like quitting).

will attempt 18 mile bike/3-4 mile run brick later on today.

-Jeff

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
What happened during mile 5 dude
eh.gif
(8) 6 mile repeats is pretty beast--what are you doing in between miles?

For me, just 5 with friends at a leisurely pace. Tomorrow: http://www.nyrr.org/races/2010/r1031x00.asp Overambitious (read: impossible for me) goal is sub 30.

ha.. i hadnt even though about that, that besides that fifth one each was faster than the previous. I was getting tired for the last couple miles though, i just pushed myself a little harder for the last one
smile.gif
In between i just walk about 200m and stretch a little.

and good job on the 5-mile race!

anyway, 11.2 tonight for me in 1:13:42. Pretty cool and windy out, stared feeling pretty chilly towards the end.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bummed cuz I am down w/ some food poisoning and missed my 18 miler today . . .
9 friday feeling awful.
Gotta catch up this week soon as I can.

Returningson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Irritated Skin
I ran 6 km today and my left knee feels weird. What's better? Longer runs 3 times/week. Or shorter runs 5 times/week?

I think it depends on how you view the excercise. I was running 5K (3.2 miles) everyday (literally, doing the alleged Steve McQueen thing where I ran Monday-Sunday rain, shine, thunderstorms, even on Christmas, crazy **** like that) and I just got burnt out. I switched to 5k three days a week with a two mile cool down jog. Now, im back to doing the 5K in approx 21-22 minutes. If you do it everyday, you do get a little tired after a while (not physically, more mentally as your mind begins to treat the running as a "chore"). I suggest varying it. Some months do a 3 day a week thing where you run more and then other months do a shorter run 5X a week. Just how I do it anyway!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.85 miles in 59:50 (avg. 8:44 min/mi)

Today's shuffle playlist:

Kiss - "All American Man"
Jethro Tull - "Hymn 43"
The Beatles - "I'll Be Back"
Van Halen - "The Full Bug"
The Black Crowes - "Custard Pie [Live]"
Kiss - "Love Gun [Live]"
Radiohead - "Exit Music (For a Film)"
The Beatles - "I Feel Fine"
The Rolling Stones - "Sway"
The Beatles - "Love You To"
The Beatles - "A Day in the Life"
Incubus - "Nice to Know You"
Jane's Addiction - "Just Because"
Roy Buchanan - "The Messiah Will Come Again"
The Cult - "Edie (Ciao Baby)"
nine inch nails - "Head Like a Hole"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oops, forgot to post the weekend mileage. Anyway a friend was getting on to me about doing more speedwork, so that was the focus of the weekday runs, and I was getting antsy about the low mileage, so Saturday was 6.7 miles at 51.42, and Sunday was 9.3 miles at 1:11:05.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads