• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hmmm, before I started running, I played a lot of racquetball and basketball, so I had a decent start and was soon running mileage in the 8:00 - 8:30 range. Sub-8 came with some decent mileage and a few races, once I got acquanited with longer distances and more discomfort. I'm just now hitting sub-7 in my training, and even that's not a sure thing yet. I tried for sub-7 over four miles yesterday and wound up averaging 7:04. Now, it was cold, there was a big headwind on part of the loop, and blah blah blah but still, it's not just there for the taking, just yet.

Today, BTW: 4 miles, kinda tired, pretty cold outside, sore achilles. I went pretty gingerly at the start but picked it up, finished in 30-and-change. Stopped one loop early so I could put gas in the Mrs's jeep.

jwied82

Reaction score
last night: 9 miles in 58:00. Legs felt great, but the weather was crap. 40 degrees, windy, with intermittent light rain. Probably would have ran longer if not for the rain, but still it was a good run.

today: speedwork at the track - 8 x 1/2mile - 2:40, 2:34, 2:33, 2:35, 2:34, 2:28, 2:34, 2:28. low 40s and windy again today... not the best conditions for a track workout. felt ok, not great but not bad either... havent ran 800s in a long time, so it felt a little strange running at that pace.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles yesterday, sub 9's, which considering my ankle, aint too bad.
the fitness is coming back, slowly.
Once I have the surgery, I am not going to take 12 weeks of sitting around. I think I will have to swim or something....its too hard to earn back the fitness to let it go.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ran 11 miles with a buddy of mine 10 years younger and a triathelete. Kept up and then some. We did it in about 1:15 minutes.That made my old ass feel pretty good. Though my achillies is pretty sore from a bang I took in my Hockey league's All Star Game. But the Giant League MVP Trophy and Leading Scorer Trophy takes a little of that away. They're going in my classroom right next to last season's MVP Trophy!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Four miles on a local trail. Some good technical parts, some good hills, and some nice shade. It was a good run. My wife came along, and so did the dogs.

Uncle Ernie

Reaction score
Hi guys, noob here. 5 1/2k today, 5k race tomorrow... looking at sub 23:00, we'll see.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20 miler tonight
just under 2:30
Awesome run, feels good to be on my way towards the next marathon.
Stoked to catch NY marathon tomorrow. . . .

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.59 miles in 47:18 (avg. 8:28 min/mi)

Today's shuffle playlist:

Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"
Pink Floyd - "Speak to Me/Breathe"
Eminem - "Stan"
Radiohead - "Polyethelene, Pts. 1-2"
Tool - "Ænema"
Kiss - "Got Love for Sale"
Jimi Hendrix - "Come On, Pt. 1"
The Beatles - "Get Back"
Incubus - "Nice to Know You"
Phish - "Llama"
Artur Rubinstein - "Fantasiestüke, Op. 12: In Der Nacht"

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bike/run brick today. 40K ride/10K run. pain.

-Jeff

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
For those of you who have been running for a while, how long did it take before you were running sub-8s? How long before you were running sub-7s? I know I have a ways to go, since I just started running about six months ago. My average pace hovers around 8:45/mi.

- Keith

Don't even think about time for your first year of running.

My thread contribution: 4 miles at 6am on the marathon course in the dark before volunteering for NYC marathon all day. What a scene. I saw Jared of subway fame running. Along with a guy on two prosthetic legs who looked to be about 3:20 pace. Insane.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New york looked nuts today!
I agree with not worrying to much about time.
Ran 9 tonight and felt good after last nights 20
46 mile week ( I missed monday tuesday and friday)
Who is entering the lotto to run new york tmro?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning, 4 miles in 30 minutes. Temperature was 27. Nothing like a frosty, chilly morning to amp up the pace. With the time change, I can enjoy the sunrise. (Another incentive)

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran to the top of Mt. Misen on Miyajima island and back down again. Not too far, but the rise was fairly aggressive and the terrain a bit uneven.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads