• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions 2010!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the experts eating **** yet again. Giants beating the Rangers like they owed them money.

Last night was actually an epic night for Bay Area sport. Giants smash the Rangers, Monte Ellis scored 46 in the W's opener, and Throton gets a hat trick for the Sharks. Lets see how the Raiders and Niners do this weekend.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember what happened in 2002? Don't start planning the victory parade just yet.

photoguy

Reaction score
Oh, I remember 87, 89, 93 and 02 all too well. I'm not planning any victory parties. But another thing I learned those seasons was to enjoy it when things are going well. Otherwise it is just a complete waste.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Remember what happened in 2002? Don't start planning the victory parade just yet.

+50, no series starts until you play on the other teams home field. Especially baseball, especially this sport where Texas has had thumpers sitting on the bench because of NL rules. The Giants don't have a guy with potenially 20HR just sitting on the bench, its some skinny infielder.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by photoguy
Pablo Sandoval isn't skinny and hit 25HR in his rookie year.

understatement of the day: "isn't skinny"

pablo-sandoval.jpg

I want the Giants to win, so it would be nice to see them put a bow on it and win the next game in texas.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by photoguy
...enjoy it when things are going well. Otherwise it is just a complete waste.

damn right. I still want the Rangers to win it (obviously not in 5 anymore) but hey, we already beat the Yankees. That's what REALLY mattered. dallas hasnt really calmed down from that yet actually. it's been really fun. too bad we're gonna have to kill the giants tomorrow!!!!
laugh.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
According to Pitch F/X, here is the location of the called strike 3 to Howard. It is Pitch #7, well within the strike zone.

"I saw the pitch," Howard said. "I just saw it down. He kind of hesitated making the call, and that's it."

How do you look at that pitch, Howard? Even if it was borderline.

Originally Posted by shademore
I"m looking forward to it. It gives me a chance to continue to quietly hope for the Giants' demise. The Giants can certainly pitch and as long as they can hold the Ranger offense to 2-3 runs I'd say they have a chance.

Giants in 6

FTFY

Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser

Dumbshit Dusty.

We just need to take one of the remaining 2 in TX.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Bumgarner- spooky good. And one win away. The Freak on the mound.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Bumgarner- spooky good. And one win away. The Freak on the mound.

Tonight's game is a quandary for me. I just want the Giants to win, but would love to have it happen here in San Francisco, so of course that's hoping the Rangers will win tonight.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Tonight's game is a quandary for me. I just want the Giants to win, but would love to have it happen here in San Francisco, so of course that's hoping the Rangers will win tonight.
What happened to the good old Texas boy?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
What happened to the good old Texas boy?

I've never been a Rangers fan. I always leaned towards the Astros as far as Texas teams are concerned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads