• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

lol8[1].gif

Stop doing this, I have to keep switching to IE to view them.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
^ Rob - in those photos it's interesting how the jacket looks excellent when unbuttoned, but when buttoned it seems unbalanced. Interesting fabric to it.

Isn't this the jacket that shrunk?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
+1 - looks like front balance is off and someone is pulling down on the coat from the back.

Killer shirt, though!

If you're getting too buff for that sportcoat Rob & it needs a new home, don't forget I'm a 38/40 R
lookaround.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
If you're getting too buff for that sportcoat Rob & it needs a new home, don't forget I'm a 38/40 R
lookaround.gif

Ahem! I'm closer to 36/38, maybe it will fit me better?!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
lookaround.gif

Originally Posted by acecow
Ahem! I'm closer to 36/38, maybe it will fit me better?!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you hate me if I told you that I told you so?

- B

Never thet ... lol. With that said, i still dont think Diavolo should be an authority on color/pattern matching. Maybe some of you know him in real life and know he dresses well ... all i know is the internet persona that likes only blues/grays/whites and browns.

What do you think his opinions on o/o's fits (fits as in color and pattern coordination) are?

Originally Posted by Schorsch
Nono, I agree with you 95%. Those are more what I aspire to, if I had teh cash. I just think that some folks are looking for the WTF addition. Like the young gent with the rugby jersey over OCBD under blazer. It's weird and out there, and that's what they want.

It can still be done and done right. And i think advice on how to do it should come from people who know how to do it. Thats my point.

Originally Posted by TRINI
Isn't this the jacket that shrunk?

that jacket is always good for a page of discussion everytime R posts it ... lol.

I agree with Ed. you have so many more nice pieces ... eBay, B&S or Goodwill it.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
And Vox, you know all and see all on your SF fiefdom, but you don't know me; you never knew my heart. No man knows my history.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

spoozy

Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your participation in today´s discussion of "How to explain that mess spoozy is showing: lack of medification?"

Here´s my reaction...

Originally Posted by niidawg3

The problem with Diavolo is that he is a self-confessed monochrome machine. All he likes is gray, blue, white and brown. Therefore his commentary or opinions on color will be skewed.

I dont think Diavolo can pull of any color other than those ... i stand corrected, and a picture will further validate his feedback.

Thx, Nii, exactly my point.

True - but IMHO Diavolo hasnt proven that he understands color beyond what he praises. My personal opinion is that irrespective of the color choices, one can make something look great if done right.

I guess i am arguing the premise that only white/grey/blue/brown can look good - an assertion that i feel people like Diavolo and Sander hold strongly based on past and present commentary.

Again, my point.

Loose analogy - but would you guys believe me if i told you how to fix a car when i have shown no knowledge on how to fix cars?

I think that is what the Spoozy/Scorch camp is arguing.

Third time, again. You seem to understand my point of view.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
If I told you that Glitter, starting Mariah Carrie was a horrible movie, would you ask me how me movies I've made?

Every time a disjointed looked gets negative comments, the first defense is " you just don't like color"

I don´t care about negative comments, really. Thing is: who can explain colours better? The blind one or the one actually wearing them?

But enough of this missleading comparisons...

Originally Posted by TRINI
I think I've said this before but Diavolo's feedback may have been the single best thing I've gotten out of this forum.

More people need to step back and think about what he's saying instead of having a knee-jerk defensive reaction.

Yeah, what he was saying...to sum it up, it was like "hmmm...plain ****. Go your way." That´s the kind of advice i seek.

Originally Posted by polar-lemon
+1

Though Diavolo has posted no pics, the consistency and nature of his comments, combined with the combinations he cites as most worthy of praise, clearly indicate his high level of taste. You may not share that same taste with him, but given his eye's level of refinement, there's almost always some truth to his comments, even if he phrases them less-than-diplomatically or in a way that seems to dismiss as incorrect all other opinions/views.

If only there had been some advice...i just don´t want to deal with impolite people. Harsh critics are fine, but if you lack behaviour, then all you say will be dismissed. At least that´s how i handle things.
There is a huge difference between "You look like ****" and "You look like ****, but i propose you could go for blah and blah and blah...."

Originally Posted by fritzl
can't speak for these two guys and understood that there's a parallel world with spoozy on the german forum, where sander and me talk to him in our mother tongue... ...with no avail
devil.gif

i stand with d's comment about spoozy is a junior and deep in the trial and error process. nvm.

for me, it's less his colour and pattern mix, than the mix of fabrics. in general, this needs a lot of development and i'm speaking from personal experience. look, listen and learn(btw a very popular book for english lessons, when i was a schoolboy)

probably the opinion of a person that doesn't post pictures a lot is difficult to evaluate and i can understand if it wouldn't weigh in for you guys.

it's just clothes, but we love them...

Understood and well appreciated.

This is a valid argument, but not exactly what I'm carping on about.

Oooh! My turn: How about if someone posts a picture of a car which may be broken, and the response was "Your car is broken and you know nothing about cars and you are stupid." Would this be helpful? What would you infer about the motivations of the responder. Confine your answer to one page, single spaced.

Here is what he said:
"A dizzying array of clashing patterns and colours. You have a very long way to go junior."

Maybe he's been better in the past, but how would you use this? What advice is contained here? This is self-important sniping, not feedback.

My point, thx Schorsch.

I mean, do you think spoozy dresses well? I'll tell you what I think: fit after fit looks absolutely terrible (sorry spooz.)

- B

Well, i certainly won´t get started on that. Vox, you´re one of the best dressers around here. If i could spend 10 k on clothing, i´d look better, i guess. Still i wouldn´t want to look like you. There is no point in dressing like a 40something when you´re 25-five.

JP - if o/o or PG criticized Spoozy and Scorcsh i am sure (could be wrong here ... lol) they will be likelier to listen. Obviously if they dont listen then it is what it is. my point is not the criticism, cos i have criticized Spoozy a few times myself .... it is who it is coming from.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Here is my take on it:

Well, yes, exactly. Many of my fits that went by with crickets chirping were the cause in fact of blowjobs. Blowjobs rank above internet praise.
smile.gif

Spoo, feel free to adopt as sig.

Mike

Well, if that was directed at me, i will
smile.gif

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
I find it interesting that so many people get angered when people make negative comments towards looks posted here. Part of the reason most people post is to get comments on what they are wearing. Negative comments don't have to be insulting (as to which I think started this whole discussion), but ultimately who cares?

I have had negative comments said against what I wear - do I agree with all of it? No. I like the way I dress, and am comfortable with it. On the other hand, there are the odd comments, where I am unsure of things, or I wouldn't have thought of something that way, that I really take as valuable.

Personally, do I agree with how Spoozy dresses? Not usually. I agree with both the color/pattern mixing, and fabric matching comments, and think there is things to be learned there. That being said, if he's willing to listen to the comments and take what he wants from them, then they are worthwhile. Additionally, if he is happy with what he wears, and posts just for his pleasure, then good for him. He doesn't have to wear SF approved clothing, and doesn't have to wear what anyone else tells him to if he doesn't want to. Have fun with it, clothes are meant to be worn, and having a personal style means something.

It seems every few weeks there's a flare up because in WAYW because people get offended by an insulting comment or negative comment. My opinion on this is to sit back, relax, and get over it. When we wake up tomorrow morning, the interwebz will still be here.

MK

Absolute right in every sense of the word. See, i like what i´m doing and if other´s don´t, that´s allright. Dressing is fun, and so is posting. I am not personally offended by any snarky comment, there are way more important things in life than to get loved by Vox / Diavolo and the likes.
If you like my stuff: fine. If you hate if: fine.

• Do i think Spoozy's colors coordinates well - NO. And i have criticized him before ... several times actually.
  • Do i think Diavolo should be the one criticizing Spoozy ... or better said ... Do i think Diavolo's criticism will cause Spoozy to change - NO, because he doesnt buy what Diavolo is selling due to a lack of appreciation of Diavolo's sense of style.

- Ouch
biggrin.gif

- yes!

Originally Posted by RJE
Spoozy Have you taken a look at this blog? http://venividivrai.blogspot.com/ There's a lot on it I don't like, but a fair bit I do. I get the feeling you might enjoy going through a few dozen pages. Give it a go - see if you get anything from it.

Cheers, some great looks. Thanx!!

IMO, these are fits that i think exemplifies both Spoozy's preferences, yet still aesthetically pleasing if you will ... I hope forumers captured in here don't mind ...
smile.gif

thoughts?

Nice ones!

Holy poop I agree with bigbris. Unless he's being sarcastic. I would say he's getting on towards Ornette Coleman, but the point remains. If you somebody only likes Dave Brubeck, fine, but don't be a jerk about it.

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bigbris1
I was keeping it 100. I like when a dude goes beyond the realm of what most consider comfortable or safe. Too many of the looks here are cookie-cut and boring. Sadly, most of the consistent critiques come from those members who don't "splash out".

I don't want Spoozy or Spoo to change. If you notice, many of the fits I post go sans commentary except those more "safe" looks. I say embrace the hate. Case in point:

When walking about town in one of my more splashed out ensembles, here's the reactions they garner:

Whites (who consider themselves superior) look away, as if to say "he wants attention and I'm not giving it to him, harrumph!", not realizing that's a dead giveaway that they've already noticed me.

Whites (normal or eccentric) generally are warm and smile.

Guys walking with their girls make sure their chick isn't checking me out.

Guys that feel they are comp, stand near me on teh train as if to say, "all of the attention will be in this direction, might as well get a piece".

Blacks generally compliment and endear.

Hispanics address me in their native tongue (Primo!) as if to say "he's def one of us or we want him on our side".

worship.gif

Over and out. Back for more crap and hate when i return from Barcelona.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
What do you think his opinions on o/o's fits (fits as in color and pattern coordination) are?

- B

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All dressed up for salsbury steak night at the supper club. Finally got my mohair back after a month in for surgery.

5124173890_24d8594b23_b.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Nice fit TC. I like that tie. Looking for one like it. LET ME HAVE IT!

Thanks for getting in the way of my post, Ed.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
wow, never would have guessed you wore a wig, doesn't look half bad if I say so myself.

I prefer the term "rug". Hey at my age, you do what you gotta do.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Dressing is fun, and so is posting. I am not personally offended by any snarky comment, there are way more important things in life than to get loved by Vox / Diavolo and the likes.

+ 1.

- B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads