• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suave

Reaction score
woah mr. serious
mad.gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Dude, we don't need more pictures of jackets with sleeves that are too long to be practical in this thread. It's nice that you think they look good in the pictures, and all that designer intention stuff is nice and silhouette blah blah, but really it's stupid and some of the people at SZ must never use their hands. Keep in mind I wasn't even talking specifically RO, or even leather jackets, it happens with a ton of outerwear and even knits around here and it just looks bad.

Regarding your pictures again, some of those aren't even too long, but when it starts interfering with your dexterity and motor functions it's safe to say you're a fashion victim.

Do you really think having sleeves an inch or two "too long" interferes with motor skills in any meaningful way?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Dude, we don't need more pictures of jackets with sleeves that are too long to be practical in this thread. It's nice that you think they look good in the pictures, and all that designer intention stuff is nice and silhouette blah blah, but really it's stupid and some of the people at SZ must never use their hands. Keep in mind I wasn't even talking specifically RO, or even leather jackets, it happens with a ton of outerwear and even knits around here and it just looks bad.

does this make you angry?
Burberry+Runway+Spring+Summer+2010+London+k2-DtVv0Ol0l.jpg

GQ+Men+Year+Awards+Arrivals+v0tjmewPVT5l.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

Regarding your pictures again, some of those aren't even too long, but when it starts interfering with your dexterity and motor functions it's safe to say you're a fashion victim.

have you ever worn a suit? if so, you are a fashion victim. you can hardly move your arms, they all have these weird button things on the sleeves and every time you sit down your pant hem comes up to your knees.

do you see line workers at foxconn building iphone 4's or homeboys painting warhammer figures in long sleeve leather jackets? they aren't intended to boost your dexterity levels.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Some people are really uncoordinated so it's possible. The longsleeves definitely looks good on some but not people buying odyn vovk, rick owens, julius, etc... and wearing it like a vintage style ToJ like jacket, or just a regular nice leather like RFX did. Looks really strange and out of place. People should buy a leather that works for them instead of getting that atelier type stuff for internet kudos. For the most part, people should prob go ToJ unless they are looking for the darker, drapier, moodier type of style lol. all the dexterity and range of motion type stuff just makes me think of http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=46885549 Looks solid, kunk. Is that your strawberry milkshake?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
homeboys painting warhammer figures in long sleeve leather jackets?

They probably have pretty sweet nekron armies.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I really like the color palette here. Very harmonious and natural-- the colors don't draw attention to themselves, yet it does not look too dull or boring either. Good balance. What season is that Attachment jacket from? I don't recall seeing you wear it before, nor do I recall seeing it in the current FW10 collection. Is it leather?
thanks. i think its wool, but given that i can't even find the care tags on this thing, i cant be 100% sure. i got it in a trade from someone who got it in a trade, so i dont know when its from, unfortunately
ffffuuuu.gif
I disagree. Too many people are copping too many jackets with too long of sleeves. This seems to be really popular with expensive japanese or 'goth-ninja' pieces, and is usually rationalized poorly - along the lines of 'I don't mind them' - well you should, because it fits bad and looks worse. lmao's sleeves aren't particularly egregious, but they're close to; it's making him appear to have monkey-arms. The texture of the jeans with the smoothness of the boots (and the bulbous toes) and the blue top seem disjointed with the rest of the fit - I think something with a different texture, not sure what, would look 100x better. I'm going to say a pair of black overdyed jeans? FWIW, I hate blue jeans with black boots almost universally so there is some bias.
im thinking of shortening the sleeves, just havent had time to stop by the tailors (i havent even had time to have a haircut lately
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
). i'd feel guilty, though, and i get bored of clothes quickly and put them on b&s. i also like how they look now.. so maybe not. but are u colorblind du? top is grey and boots are brown. if i owned a pair of black boots i wouldve worn it with black overdyes though.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
say what you want but blazer sleeves at your knuckles universally looks bad, even on bailey. Not extending this to some dexterity or 'MC' issue or whatever...
dd_fw10jacket_atelier_8_25_10_2763_medium.jpg
just looks bad here
confused.gif

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

Bad lighting. Had the sides of my head shaved pretty much to the skin, but you can't really see it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like leathers with longer arms, some knits too but I can go either way on those.

Sleeve length has been on my mind since I am taking this jacket into the tailor today for sleeve alterations. I was only going to take them up about 1/2 inch because I don't usually ask for short sleeves on jackets. Shirt sleeves may or may not be visible based on how long the shirt sleeves are. I suppose that I am violating a rule here.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=7333

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a jacket like this, which is why I hate it so much, it's an Odyn Vovk leather and the sleeves are like an inch too long. It drives me irrationally crazy and makes me self conscious, luckily they look good cuffed a half inch which helps but I'd like to not have to wear it like that.

PaulYAY, what exactly am I wrong about? Settle down.

facepalm.gif

Why would you get a 4 figure jacket in a style that you don't like?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol at sq knit.
fuji are those THE dior sneakers?? awesome

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was posting about earlier. Like clockwork. Fix your god damn sleeves, jesus that looks bad.
We get it, you don't like the style. Shut up already. You must just have t-rex arms and an inferiority complex.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
Kunk, skip your next RO leather and kop a camera instead
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
but are u colorblind du? top is grey and boots are brown. if i owned a pair of black boots i wouldve worn it with black overdyes though.
The brown boots would be my only critique. A medium gray or a black waxed suede/distressed would make that **** pop off Also, that MMM sweater is hilariously awesome, kop the matching Chesterfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads