The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

[​IMG]

2. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Looks nice, but much like RO, J.Crew needs more J.Crew. [​IMG]

3. BB1

BB1 Senior member

J. Crew 7 For All Mankind Cole Haan J. Crew Socks I went and did a little more shopping today. My feeble attempt to better my wardrobe.[​IMG]
    So you went to J. Crew and bought socks with skulls wearing Santa Claus hats to better match your Cole Haan shoes. Makes sense. Is your denim selvedge?

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG] kka yy acne x lanvin f+b
    I really like the color palette here. Very harmonious and natural-- the colors don't draw attention to themselves, yet it does not look too dull or boring either. Good balance. What season is that Attachment jacket from? I don't recall seeing you wear it before, nor do I recall seeing it in the current FW10 collection. Is it leather?

5. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I disagree. Too many people are copping too many jackets with too long of sleeves. This seems to be really popular with expensive japanese or 'goth-ninja' pieces, and is usually rationalized poorly - along the lines of 'I don't mind them' - well you should, because it fits bad and looks worse. lmao's sleeves aren't particularly egregious, but they're close to; it's making him appear to have monkey-arms.

The texture of the jeans with the smoothness of the boots (and the bulbous toes) and the blue top seem disjointed with the rest of the fit - I think something with a different texture, not sure what, would look 100x better. I'm going to say a pair of black overdyed jeans? FWIW, I hate blue jeans with black boots almost universally so there is some bias.

6. RegularOlTy

RegularOlTy New Member

The vest is Trovata from about almost 3 years. Saddles are Polo from 4 years ago.

7. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

So you went to J. Crew and bought socks with skulls wearing Santa Claus hats to better match your Cole Haan shoes. Makes sense. Is your denim selvedge?

The socks werent supposed to match the shoes I just thought they were different so I bought'em. I havent found any selvedge denim in my area yet but I'm going to New Orleans this weekend and plan on finding some on Magazine St. The jeans in the pic are 7 for all mankind

8. softy

softy Senior member

I disagree. Too many people are copping too many jackets with too long of sleeves. This seems to be really popular with expensive japanese or 'goth-ninja' pieces, and is usually rationalized poorly - along the lines of 'I don't mind them' - well you should, because it fits bad and looks worse. lmao's sleeves aren't particularly egregious, but they're close to; it's making him appear to have monkey-arms.

The texture of the jeans with the smoothness of the boots (and the bulbous toes) and the blue top seem disjointed with the rest of the fit - I think something with a different texture, not sure what, would look 100x better. I'm going to say a pair of black overdyed jeans? FWIW, I hate blue jeans with black boots almost universally so there is some bias.

[​IMG]

9. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Short and insightful. Great post. I completely change my mind.

10. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

+1.

i think a pair of petrol or dark black jeans would have really brought the fit together.

11. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Ty looks fantastic. Vest and bag are exceptionally nice.

Synth, the cut of these jeans doesn't flatter you -they look a tad to loose on the tights- (could be the angle though).

RFX jacket is great.

Listi, that is the best (basic) fit I have seen on you so far. The color of the shirt is an eye catcher. You could wear more washed out (or grey) jeans with it, would accentuate it up even more.

justtemple, I would wear different socks. The color is too close to the one of the pants (could be the picture again). But other than that, nice fit.

TKJTG, if you would wear a shirt with a thicker fabric, it would look better (the wrinkles).

mellowfellow, all fits are very nice. Inspiring. Who makes the jacket?

12. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

agree, they aren't terribly long in lmao's fit but it is especially lol-worthy when 5'7" dudes buy ccp suits or some shit and try to rock 27" sleeves by just letting them bunch at their fingers or flip them up. [​IMG]

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

[​IMG] rick james perse jersey sweatshirt margiela straight legs margiela trainers STARTED RAINING [​IMG] coal hat bless coat same

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

^solid fits all around, as usual, and exceptionally sick outerwear.

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

thanks, totally thought I'd step up my fits after coming to Japan, but after wearing a suit all day I just wanna throw on a sweatshirt, loose jeans, and trainers. luckily outerwear season means I can throw something cool on whatever garbage I'm wearing and look cool, heh. Gonna make a purchase this weekend of either a WJK or one of the Attachment pieces from the Kazuyaki Kumagai line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.