The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

theres just gotta be a goddamn window in JD's place somewhere, get a little light up in that bitch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Either Mary Ward or Mary Park Hall? Kind of sad I can tell just by that shot. Glad to see they got new carpets.

2. Listi

Listi Senior member

@ no one in particular - Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the winter 2010/2011 release.
    This made its way to Ontario last year... And literally sold out on the first day it was available in my town. They only got in like 24 bottles. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for this one, I've never had it but can only imagine great things. Canada has some solid stouts too, Dieu de Ciel's Aphrodite and Peche Mortel are two of my favourites. @TKJTG: I don't like it. The shirt looks a little on the small side, although it might just be the stance. And that's coming from me, who loves super slim fits. Shoes look like garbage, and belt is "meh" Pants fit okay and the bag is nice, mediocre fit overall imo nothing terrible and better than people on the street but not up to SF standard I would say...

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

^ I haven't had Aphrodite, but Peche Mortel is fantastic (only had it once, and never on draft). Founders Breakfast Stout is perhaps somewhat similar and one of my absolute top beers (I have an entire unopened case of this year's plus maybe half a case of last year's in my basement).

edit: Brooklyn changes the recipe for their Black Chocolate Stout every year, and there was one year (maybe 2007/2008?) where I thought the taste was kind of off - almost a sour flavor to it - perhaps because they jacked the ABV up too high. It's otherwise been consistently awesome, though, and it only improves with a few months in the cellar.

[/threadjacking with beer talk]

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

@TKJTG: I don't like it. The shirt looks a little on the small side, although it might just be the stance. And that's coming from me, who loves super slim fits. Shoes look like garbage, and belt is "meh" Pants fit okay and the bag is nice, mediocre fit overall imo nothing terrible and better than people on the street but not up to SF standard I would say...

Shit, and I was pretty excited about this one haha. I kind of agree on the shirt, as its MTM and I think I went too small on the chest measurement by an inch or so. Nobody on SF seems to like the shoes but I'm fond of them. If they start to wear on me I might throw em up on ebay or something(I didn't pay too much for them so not a HUGE loss). Thanks for the feedback, though.

5. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I have a pair of Thin Finns but my thighs are just too large for them because I kicked a soccer ball around during recess in the 5th grade. Do you just get them tapered below the knee? Looks so sickk.
    Yup, the leg opening is now about 6.5", tapered from the knee down. My grandmother did it in about ten minutes. [​IMG] Also, I played soccer through college (and still play), am 6"1, 180, and skinny jeans look pretty good on me. I know you're joking, but people saying "halp me my thighs are too big I'm too muscular and I played soccer" - 99% of you are fat and out of shape. Nil could wear fucking leggings and a tutu and look manlier than all of us, it has nothing to do with thigh size. If you don't look good naked... edit: 3rd picture is best mellowfit ever

7. TotesMcGotes

TotesMcGotes Senior member

Mellow what jacket is that? Last fit

8. APK

APK Senior member

@ justtemple - That's fantastic that you can wear that to client meetings. Back when I had client meetings (one job ago), I always felt obligated to wear an ill-fitting suit and tie. Your idea of a work-to-happy hour fit needs to be introduced to this lot: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=204289

I like how the OP's idea of non-conservative = slim lime-green suit. Also, lawlz at the idea that SW&D attire can't "stand out."

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Why are there 24 pages in that thread? Has any sw thread ever reached that length besides waywt, rft and rp?

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

[​IMG]
    kka
    yy
    acne x lanvin
    f+b

11. softy

softy Senior member

Mellow what jacket is that? Last fit

guessing NDG

[​IMG]
    kka
    yy
    acne x lanvin
    f+b

lots of visual appeal while still working within a limited color palette. awesome. glad this ended in boots and not sneakers.
    i see some of the extra volume that we were talking about upthread coming out, and i like it [​IMG]

12. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

sheeesh! I didn't even try to catch up... I was close to 70 pages back.

[​IMG]
    thrifted
    thrifted
    101-z (thanks pablo-t!)
    RW

13. connor

connor Senior member

keredog those are Red Wing Impressions, i saw them one time online when i bought them but i dont see anything when i google it anymore. look at the classic lifestyles

Either Mary Ward or Mary Park Hall? Kind of sad I can tell just by that shot. Glad to see they got new carpets.

MPH baby

14. Listi

Listi Senior member

When I did MTM for my first time I had this conversation:

Tailor: So how would you like this shirt to fit?
    Me: Well, I like a very slim fit shirt.
    Tailor: I could have guessed you were going to say that based on the skinny nudies you're wearing. We'll fit it however you want, if you want it skin tight, we can make it skin tight... But keep in mind that you can always slim something later, but you can't really make it bigger. We're all about a modern fit, but you want to be able to move.

So I took his word for it, since the shirt he was wearing fit beautifully. When I came in for my first fitting, it was somewhat of a joke large, but after darting and slimming the arms and sides a little, it fits very well. There are some areas which could be tweaked... I like a tight collar, and the shoulders could move in maybe 1/8" to 1/4" of an inch, the darting could be a little more extreme in the lower back. But overall I had a very good experience, I'm itching to go back once I'm in Toronto again. And it was only $150, a significant discount off of BoO.

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Where the fuck is that stoner with our Sgt.Pepper pic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.