• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
In my area, Bulleit is about $22-$25, Eagle Rare is about $30 (can be as low as $25 if on sale), Makers Mark is $17-20, and Buffalo Trace is around $22 or so. I'd agree with you in saying that in the $25-$30 range, Eagle Rare cannot be beat. However, if Eagle Rare isn't on sale, and you want to save yourself a few bucks, Buffalo Trace isn't bad.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Hahaha if you double those prices, you'll get the prices here. Insane. Literally. There is a shop downstairs selling Maker's for $51.70.

I guess that's what happens when liquor stores are run by the government
tinfoil.gif

Greeny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kyoung05
In my area, Bulleit is about $22-$25, Eagle Rare is about $30 (can be as low as $25 if on sale), Makers Mark is $17-20, and Buffalo Trace is around $22 or so. I'd agree with you in saying that in the $25-$30 range, Eagle Rare cannot be beat. However, if Eagle Rare isn't on sale, and you want to save yourself a few bucks, Buffalo Trace isn't bad.

Around here, Bulleit is around $24, Eagle Rare is around $26 (regular price), and Maker's is about $24. I decided to visit the local liquor store after moving to a new area and discovered that the store here sold Buffalo Trace on sale for $22 but there was no Eagle Rare in stock. I grabbed a bottle of Buffalo Trace and have decided that it is the best bottle at this price point. I can't see myself buying Old Forrester or even Elijah Craig anymore just because it is the least expensive bourbon that I like.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Greeny
Around here, Bulleit is around $24, Eagle Rare is around $26 (regular price), and Maker's is about $24. I decided to visit the local liquor store after moving to a new area and discovered that the store here sold Buffalo Trace on sale for $22 but there was no Eagle Rare in stock. I grabbed a bottle of Buffalo Trace and have decided that it is the best bottle at this price point. I can't see myself buying Old Forrester or even Elijah Craig anymore just because it is the least expensive bourbon that I like.

In my area, a bottle of Buffalo Trace costs roughly the same as a bottle of Elijah Craig, but I'd still buy both, for different reasons. Buffalo Trace is much "lighter" imo than Elijah Craig, and I enjoy both, depending on my mood. No reason to drink one to the exclusion of the other.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
They're actually private in Alberta. In BC they are public / private mixed, in Ontario they're 100% government run. Prices are all more or less the same. The problem is taxes.

******. Washington state has government run liquor stores and their prices are much higher than in other states, here in CA for instance. Despite that, their prices are still cheaper than in Canada.

Me thinks you'll have to make a roadtrip to the free world to stock up on booze.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
******. Washington state has government run liquor stores and their prices are much higher than in other states, here in CA for instance. Despite that, their prices are still cheaper than in Canada.

Me thinks you'll have to make a roadtrip to the free world to stock up on booze.

Canadian customs may have some thoughts on that...

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Canadian customs may have some thoughts on that...

If tens of millions of people can cross the border unchecked I'm sure a couple bottles can find their way through
laugh.gif

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised. You notice that most of those "tens of millions of people" are not coming through the canadian border. I know that my border crossing is ridiculously strict and I would not want to risk trying to sneak something through because they are not kind if they catch you.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Besides the Hudson bourbons are there any other good whiskeys that come in 375ml bottles? Looking to spend $30 - $40 on a smaller bottle that I can easily fit in a suitcase. Unfortunately, flasking is not an option. Thanks guys.
The only other decent whiskey that is available in a 375 that I can think of is the Buffalo Trace Experimental series. Not all of those are very good, however, and they are out of your price range. You could go the mini bottle route though, Highland Park 12 and Glendronach 12 are seem to be pretty common in that format and are very good. If you are in Europe you will find a lot more options. You could also buy a 375ml bottle and fill it with whatever you wanted.

ACDoyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Besides the Hudson bourbons are there any other good whiskeys that come in 375ml bottles? Looking to spend $30 - $40 on a smaller bottle that I can easily fit in a suitcase. Unfortunately, flasking is not an option. Thanks guys.

Depending where you are Knob Creek and Maker's Mark are available in 375ml bottles, though Knob Creek's regular bottle would also fit in a suitcase due to its rectangular size.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about infused bourbons? I had a glass of this foie gras infused bourbon over the weekend that I liked a lot and was wondering if it was available elsewhere and how long it keeps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics