• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Anyone try Markers Mark "47"? It's finished in some different way. I was "forced" to buy a bottle as my local place had a tasting and the girl serving it was super hot. It's actually pretty good, not sure if I like it more than Bookers, but it's good stuff.

I have a bottle of it. It's not spectacular, but it's a decent enough bottle. There was a lot of hype around its release though

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Anyone try Markers Mark "47"? It's finished in some different way. I was "forced" to buy a bottle as my local place had a tasting and the girl serving it was super hot. It's actually pretty good, not sure if I like it more than Bookers, but it's good stuff.

I'm not a fran of regular Maker's, but this is slightly better than that.. I don't find it to be even close to Booker's, from a taste perspective, but it's interesting enough that I reach for it every few weeks.. I think I read that they finish it with charred French oak staves, and that's what gives it it's different character compared to regular MM.

Best reason ever for buying bourbon, I've done it a few times myself..
laugh.gif

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just started getting into bourbon, always been more of a Scotch fan but the cost is just too high to drink it too frequently. Bourbon seems much more affordable. I've had Bookers at a few bars and have really enjoyed it. Last year I bought a bottle of Knob Creek and didn't much care for it and only recently gave bourbon a try again when I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare at my brother's suggestions (and because it's freaking cheap as hell at $23). I was surprised at how much I liked it, especially considering the low price. So...with the knowledge that Bookers and Eagle Rare are a "go" but Knob is a "no-go" what should I try next? Any other bourbons similar to ER (as in good and cheap)?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I've just started getting into bourbon, always been more of a Scotch fan but the cost is just too high to drink it too frequently. Bourbon seems much more affordable. I've had Bookers at a few bars and have really enjoyed it. Last year I bought a bottle of Knob Creek and didn't much care for it and only recently gave bourbon a try again when I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare at my brother's suggestions (and because it's freaking cheap as hell at $23). I was surprised at how much I liked it, especially considering the low price. So...with the knowledge that Bookers and Eagle Rare are a "go" but Knob is a "no-go" what should I try next? Any other bourbons similar to ER (as in good and cheap)?

If you like Booker's and ER, try Noah's Mill. Also, not terribly cheap, but if you can find it, at $50 for a 375 ml, try Hudson Four Grain bourbon. Also, Wild Turkey Rare Breed barrel proof.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13

Buffalo Trace, Rowen's Creek and Old Forrester's Birthday bourbon also fit your bill. Gnatty's suggestions are all good too.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ummmmmm for saving you $$$$$$ on your humidor, you should send me a bottle.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
They're here...

er13800680.jpg

inlove.gif

worth quoting again...
holy smokes....

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're here...
er13800680.jpg
inlove.gif

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt........

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
ummmmmm for saving you $$$$$$ on your humidor, you should send me a bottle.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol, in all seriousness, I probably should..

Originally Posted by Huntsman
Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt........

My thoughts exactly.. Having a glass of the ER 17 right now.. Unreal..

FemteKapitel

Reaction score
I once went to rehab after drinking a bottle of Bulleit (and a liter of Early Times Mint Julep without the mint or water, and several bottles of wine, and maybe some beer too).

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried it. No likey...
confused.gif

Really? The WL Weller in the Antique Series? I thought you liked wheaters!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Really? The WL Weller in the Antique Series? I thought you liked wheaters!

No, I have never been a big fran of wheated bourbons, with the exception of PVW. Find them too drab. I like whiskies with a lot of punch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads