• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got my 1st brioni.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Attolini is actually a three-button rolled to two.

A common (and remarkably elegant) Neapolitan style. And that seller (Ian) is one of the very, very best sellers on Ebay. The goods are impeccable, and so is his service. The prices are not the absolute lowest you'll find - but you know the old adage "You get what you paid for." (Incidentally, he has a pretty decent streetwear store in "Planet Americana" in Santa Monica.)

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks FCS .. I will definetly go there .. see Attolini with my own eyes..

What's avg. Attolini suits cost in that store?

Also which line of Attolini is better than Brioni?

Does this store have sale period FCS? If so when?

Thanks.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok.  I know I had to get canvased suit.  I know that I could not afford retail Brioni suit.  So my choice was Canali or Zegna.  I was thinking MTM Zegna, but the cost was too much $3000+ CAD.  I did not want anther Armani even if it fits nice..

But today I droped by Harry Rosen Outlet and old sales person who were patient enough to picking out 44R suits brought me this Brioni .. and .. I tried on .. I instantly knew this I cannot pass.. retail at $4250 CAD, I got it at $2000 CAD.  Still $2000CAD is lot of money for clothing, But when Hugo Boss costs $1200 CAD .. .This is SUPER deal and SUPER garmet.  

I got mid-night blue mixed with very subtle white dot that gives beautiful shine .. classic two button suits.  Who know I looked so much better in 2 button suit?

Brioni rocks.  Light, drapes perfectly, Classic but stylish its own way ...
What happened to your extolling the virtues of Le collezione?

koji

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koji (sounds Japanese ..) Well .. I still like my Armani .. But I like Brioni MORE
smile.gif
and $2K CDN, will buy Brioni over Zegna or Armani. Brioni ROCKS
smile.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You now know the model and size that works best for you - make a not of it. When looking on ebay, just ask the seller what model the suit they are selling is. Traiano's are fairly common.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of shopping in Toronto, I had a very good experience with Marc Laurent recently. Great suits, (they *may* have carried Attolini) and some very goodm basic but not boring sportswear, including an interesting Neil Barrett suit. I ended up buying a Varvatos jacket from them, on sale Ask to speak to Greg. Good guy. Non pushy and relatively well informed.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Thanks FCS .. I will definetly go there .. see Attolini with my own eyes..

What's avg. Attolini suits cost in that store?  

Also which line of Attolini is better than Brioni?

Does this store have sale period FCS? If so when?

Thanks.
An Attolini should run about US$3000+ to $5000 in store depending on the fabric. It goes down to about $2000+ during sale.

Hard to compare Attolini to Brioni, but if you are comparing craftsmanship, Attolini has a lot more handwork in it. Brioni's styling is great: structured, full-bodied. Attolini's style is quite the opposite: structure is acheived through softness, gentle drape. It's hard to picture Kofi Annan in a Neapolitan suit.

Naturlaut

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alias .. Are u korean or u living in Korea for some reason? cuz i am korean
smile.gif
Dude, you are? I'm half-Korean, but I'm an American citizen. My Korean's as terrible as my Japanese (my other half.) Are you living here in Korea right now? I hate the stores here. Everything imported is priced insanely. Hell, Tommy Hilfiger ties (not H, just your regular Tommy) sell for 75,000 won. Rip-OFF. And my friends wonder why I buy so many things over the Internet. They sure don't sell Brioni here, that's for sure (but if they in fact do, please tell me.)

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(MilanoStyle @ 24 Aug. 2004, 07:58) Alias .. Are u korean or u living in Korea for some reason? cuz i am korean
smile.gif

Dude, you are? I'm half-Korean, but I'm an American citizen. My Korean's as terrible as my Japanese (my other half.) Are you living here in Korea right now? I hate the stores here. Everything imported is priced insanely. Hell, Tommy Hilfiger ties (not H, just your regular Tommy) sell for 75,000 won. Rip-OFF. And my friends wonder why I buy so many things over the Internet. They sure don't sell Brioni here, that's for sure (but if they in fact do, please tell me.)
No, I live in Toronto .. I came here when i was 15, now i am 28yrs old. I miss Korea badly .. I still have relative in Korea etc.. I do not know how old you are .. and where about Seoul you live in.. But Korea is mecca of luxery gears.. Koreans love luxery stuff.. so Brioni may be around somewhere .. But if I want to buy italian sartorias, I would buy in north america, simply more selections and better price. Too many fakes in Korea, unless you buy them designer boutique shops.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I live in Toronto .. I came here when i was 15, now i am 28yrs old.  I miss Korea badly .. I still have relative in Korea etc..

I do not know how old you are .. and where about Seoul you live in.. But Korea is mecca of luxery gears.. Koreans love luxery stuff.. so Brioni may be around somewhere ..  But if I want to buy italian sartorias, I would buy in north america, simply more selections and better price.  Too many fakes in Korea, unless you buy them designer boutique shops.
Ah, Korea's changed a whole lot since you were gone. Lots of new buildings now, and lots of urban renewal.

And yeah, Koreans love luxury stuff, but consumer confidence is at its lowest since 2000, so they're not buying. And I hate how popular fakes are here. Easy to get a Prada ripoff from Dongdaemun. I've seen my mother do it.

Nah, they won't sell Brioni here. They'll sell in Japan, but not here. So do a lot of other companies. Really sucks. I know they have some Zegna stores here and there, but I don't really dig that brand.

I really loved shopping in Hawaii, even if it was expensive. The selection was simply a lot better.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koji (sounds Japanese ..) Well .. I still like my Armani .. But I like Brioni MORE
smile.gif
and $2K CDN, will buy Brioni over Zegna or Armani. Brioni ROCKS
smile.gif
My mom's japanese (but Korean food is my favorite
tounge.gif
). I was just being facetious; reminds me of friend of mine who swore by Baldwin pianos (I have played on some decent ones) and wouldn't listen to me when I tried to tell him about other brands. He finally tried a Fazioli...heh. koji

pkiula

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kabert
Milano, now that you know what your size is in Brioni you might keep an eye on Brioni's on EBay. Brand new Brioni suits can be found on EBay-- they usually end up selling in the US $900-$1400 range. 'Course used Brioni's can be found for much cheaper -- I've got two Brioni blazers that I bought on Ebay, both seemingly brand new that I got for about $150 each.

I was so highly encouraged with this comment, but it's really hard to find decent Brionis. I'm looking for:

- Two button, two vents
- 50R (or 40R) with Drop 7

Does anyone know where I can find these for the prices in the quotes above?

Thanks!

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula
I was so highly encouraged with this comment, but it's really hard to find decent Brionis. I'm looking for:

- Two button, two vents
- 50R (or 40R) with Drop 7

Does anyone know where I can find these for the prices in the quotes above?

Thanks!

It's at the upper end of that range, but I'd recommend checking eHaberdasher every month or so. They usually have a pretty good selection of new Brioni suits in the $1200 - $1600 range - http://www.ehaberdasher.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads