1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Just got my 1st brioni.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Aug 23, 2004.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A common (and remarkably elegant) Neapolitan style. And that seller (Ian) is one of the very, very best sellers on Ebay. The goods are impeccable, and so is his service. The prices are not the absolute lowest you'll find - but you know the old adage "You get what you paid for." (Incidentally, he has a pretty decent streetwear store in "Planet Americana" in Santa Monica.)

2. FCS

FCS Senior member

Milano, try 83 Bloor St. West.

3. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Thanks FCS .. I will definetly go there .. see Attolini with my own eyes..

What's avg. Attolini suits cost in that store?

Also which line of Attolini is better than Brioni?

Does this store have sale period FCS? If so when?

Thanks.

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

What happened to your extolling the virtues of Le collezione?

koji

5. MilanoStyle

Koji (sounds Japanese ..) Well .. I still like my Armani .. But I like Brioni MORE [​IMG] and $2K CDN, will buy Brioni over Zegna or Armani. Brioni ROCKS [​IMG]

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

You now know the model and size that works best for you - make a not of it. When looking on ebay, just ask the seller what model the suit they are selling is. Traiano's are fairly common.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

On the subject of shopping in Toronto, I had a very good experience with Marc Laurent recently. Great suits, (they *may* have carried Attolini) and some very goodm basic but not boring sportswear, including an interesting Neil Barrett suit. I ended up buying a Varvatos jacket from them, on sale Ask to speak to Greg. Good guy. Non pushy and relatively well informed.

8. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

An Attolini should run about US$3000+ to $5000 in store depending on the fabric. It goes down to about $2000+ during sale.

Hard to compare Attolini to Brioni, but if you are comparing craftsmanship, Attolini has a lot more handwork in it. Brioni's styling is great: structured, full-bodied. Attolini's style is quite the opposite: structure is acheived through softness, gentle drape. It's hard to picture Kofi Annan in a Neapolitan suit.

Naturlaut

9. Alias

Alias Senior member

Dude, you are? I'm half-Korean, but I'm an American citizen. My Korean's as terrible as my Japanese (my other half.) Are you living here in Korea right now? I hate the stores here. Everything imported is priced insanely. Hell, Tommy Hilfiger ties (not H, just your regular Tommy) sell for 75,000 won. Rip-OFF. And my friends wonder why I buy so many things over the Internet. They sure don't sell Brioni here, that's for sure (but if they in fact do, please tell me.)

10. MilanoStyle

(MilanoStyle @ 24 Aug. 2004, 07:58) Alias .. Are u korean or u living in Korea for some reason? cuz i am korean [​IMG]
    Dude, you are? I'm half-Korean, but I'm an American citizen. My Korean's as terrible as my Japanese (my other half.) Are you living here in Korea right now? I hate the stores here. Everything imported is priced insanely. Hell, Tommy Hilfiger ties (not H, just your regular Tommy) sell for 75,000 won. Rip-OFF. And my friends wonder why I buy so many things over the Internet. They sure don't sell Brioni here, that's for sure (but if they in fact do, please tell me.)
    No, I live in Toronto .. I came here when i was 15, now i am 28yrs old. I miss Korea badly .. I still have relative in Korea etc.. I do not know how old you are .. and where about Seoul you live in.. But Korea is mecca of luxery gears.. Koreans love luxery stuff.. so Brioni may be around somewhere .. But if I want to buy italian sartorias, I would buy in north america, simply more selections and better price. Too many fakes in Korea, unless you buy them designer boutique shops.

11. Alias

Alias Senior member

Ah, Korea's changed a whole lot since you were gone. Lots of new buildings now, and lots of urban renewal.

And yeah, Koreans love luxury stuff, but consumer confidence is at its lowest since 2000, so they're not buying. And I hate how popular fakes are here. Easy to get a Prada ripoff from Dongdaemun. I've seen my mother do it.

Nah, they won't sell Brioni here. They'll sell in Japan, but not here. So do a lot of other companies. Really sucks. I know they have some Zegna stores here and there, but I don't really dig that brand.

I really loved shopping in Hawaii, even if it was expensive. The selection was simply a lot better.

12. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

My mom's japanese (but Korean food is my favorite [​IMG] ). I was just being facetious; reminds me of friend of mine who swore by Baldwin pianos (I have played on some decent ones) and wouldn't listen to me when I tried to tell him about other brands. He finally tried a Fazioli...heh. koji

13. pkiula

pkiula Senior member

Milano, now that you know what your size is in Brioni you might keep an eye on Brioni's on EBay. Brand new Brioni suits can be found on EBay-- they usually end up selling in the US $900-$1400 range. 'Course used Brioni's can be found for much cheaper -- I've got two Brioni blazers that I bought on Ebay, both seemingly brand new that I got for about $150 each.

I was so highly encouraged with this comment, but it's really hard to find decent Brionis. I'm looking for:

- Two button, two vents
    - 50R (or 40R) with Drop 7

Does anyone know where I can find these for the prices in the quotes above?

Thanks!

14. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

wow, old thread

15. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

I was so highly encouraged with this comment, but it's really hard to find decent Brionis. I'm looking for:

- Two button, two vents
    - 50R (or 40R) with Drop 7

Does anyone know where I can find these for the prices in the quotes above?

Thanks!

It's at the upper end of that range, but I'd recommend checking eHaberdasher every month or so. They usually have a pretty good selection of new Brioni suits in the $1200 - $1600 range - http://www.ehaberdasher.com