• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Is anybody else playing Minecraft? I'm so addicted to this game right now.

Yes!

I got it yesterday and only got 3 hrs of sleep because of it. All day today I was thinking of what to do in the game when I got back home. I cant believe how much fun it is.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warning, be careful when right clicking. I was carrying a bucket of lava and right clicked on a work bench to craft. It went to the craft screen and still spilled the lava! Killed me and burned up a lot of my stuff.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diablo II ladder has been reset (which is the 'pro' server that resets every year or so so that everyone can start fresh again). I bought myself some cd-keys from http://d2promart.org/ and while this might sound like I'm soliciting I really can't recommend them enough, ridiculously cheap and they emailed me back the cd-keys within 12 hours. Anyway if anyone is also playing D2 now (I'm eagerly waiting for Diablo 3) my username is Xenoxius (lame I know).

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Diablo II ladder has been reset (which is the 'pro' server that resets every year or so so that everyone can start fresh again). I bought myself some cd-keys from http://d2promart.org/ and while this might sound like I'm soliciting I really can't recommend them enough, ridiculously cheap and they emailed me back the cd-keys within 12 hours. Anyway if anyone is also playing D2 now (I'm eagerly waiting for Diablo 3) my username is Xenoxius (lame I know).

you sure you can vouch for them xenox? they have this disclaimer:

Originally Posted by d2promart
Our CDKeys may not support registeration on www.battle.net. We can help you download and install cdkey with other way if it is needed.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
you sure you can vouch for them xenox? they have this disclaimer:

That doesn't mean they won't work on battle net, it simply means that the keys may already be registered on the actual www.battle.net website with the new online cd-key registration that lets you download the game from the net - hence "we can help you install in other way if needed". However even with this considered I was able to register my keys on the battle.net website as well as play online (of course), so go figure.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are not enough Minecraft posts in this thread.

I dont care if you just got Halo or Civ. Drop $13 on Minecraft and I promise you will not play anything else for a good while.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
There are not enough Minecraft posts in this thread.

I dont care if you just got Halo or Civ. Drop $13 on Minecraft and I promise you will not play anything else for a good while.

This guy made $350,000 in one day. Link.

He also got job offers from Valve and Bungie. Turned both down, apparently.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
There are not enough Minecraft posts in this thread. I dont care if you just got Halo or Civ. Drop $13 on Minecraft and I promise you will not play anything else for a good while.
+1 I haven't even gotten very far in it yet but I'm already loving it, and honestly surprised nobody has done anything quite like this before. It's genius though and will definitely have an impact on the gaming industry, the sandbox genre is the future of gaming.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hazad
I can't see DC Universe doing well for any stretch of time. No beta with a month til launch = focused solely on the PS3 aspect of the game and it will blow ass as an MMO. Pass unless you enjoy MMOs on consoles.

Game is now delayed til early 2011, but the good news is that the beta will be available as early as next week.

DC Universe Online Delayed, Beta Launch Imminent
The good news? There's a PS3 collector's edition now.

Turn off the bat-signal, stop doodling your costume ideas, and hang up your cape -- DC Universe Online will not be coming this November.

Sony Online Entertainment broke the news today that its DC Comics MMO (the one that allows you to create a hero or villain and live in the comic book universe) is getting pushed backed from November to early 2011.

"SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley, Sony Online Entertainment president. "DC Universe Online is the first game of its kind, and a truly massive undertaking -- the first action MMO set in the DC Universe, the first MMO on the PlayStation 3, and the first time the entire DC Universe will be accessible to the millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating its release. As the game heads into external beta testing, this extra time will allow us to address community feedback in a meaningful way. When we get deeper into external beta, we'll be able to share more information regarding the new launch date."

While the delay is bad news for fans looking to put on a pair of tights on the retail servers, SOE coupled it with news on the forthcoming DCUO beta. Players with VIP cards from events like San Diego Comic-Con and those who have already registered on the DCUO website will receive beta access starting as early as next week. Everyone who preorders the game in North America by November 15, 2010, is assured beta access by November 30, 2010.

If you preorder the game after November 15 in North America, you'll get beta access one week prior to the launch date but be able to jump into a "special beta ending event" called Battle of the Legends with the rest of the beta participants. Beta users also get a special emblem for their character when the game goes live.

Rounding out the DCUO news blast is the announcement that there's going to be a PlayStation 3 DC Universe Online Collector's Edition after all. This will include the same stuff the PC collector's edition was set to get -- namely a Jim Lee Batman statue, art book, the DC Legends comic book, and a Jim Lee-drawn poster.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
chrono trigger is awesome. more fun than shining force so far

What an excellent game--the music takes it from "good game" to "one of the best of its era."

Played it for the first time a year or two ago...man, that was a great experience. No nostalgia-tinted glasses needed.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i want to play suidoken 2 again now. thanks doods.
frown.gif

A. Jones

Reaction score
Gran Turismo 5

I can't remember the last time I've been this excited about a new game coming out. Looks epic.

Anybody else plan on buying?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads