• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysb
are we close to making a "how you rock 'em chinos" thread yet? wanted to put up these to help people that are in the market for new chinos. for reference, I'm 6' tall, size 34 in most things, 190 pounds

Blue in Green Khaki sz 33
love these. Bought off the forum.
bigchinokhakifront.jpg

bigchinokhakiside.jpg

Blue in Green navy sz 33
loved em so much I bought them in navy too.
bigchinonavyfront.jpg

bigchinonavyside.jpg

Left Field black selvage chino sz 34
LFfront.jpg

LFside.jpg

Wings Horns west point chino sz 34
Probably could have sized to 33 on these to account for stretch, but they're still great
WHfront.jpg

WHside.jpg

******* excellent sir

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysb
Hey man, I give you all the credit for this wave of chino buying I've been on.

i do what i can. they look perfect on you!

ceekay

Reaction score
i love the jcrew urban slims buuut the consistency varies.. my one pair is an inch smaller at the waist and almost 2 inches shorter.. same size..

i just found out tho that jcrew will tailor anything you buy with the jcrew card... for free.. i ordered the "essential chinos" since i could get them in a 27" inseam (im short) but i could take all my 30's in to have hemmed for free. i say its totally worth it..

urban slims are nice taper and knee, but with out having such a tight upper half that you look like a cowboy when you tuck in your shirt.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Dickies Skinny Double Knees from dickies.com today. They are pretty damned skinny. I oculd size down a bit in the waist but my calves completely fill the lower leg. Softer than standard dickies, which usually have that polyester feel to them? I'll have to wear them a few times to get an idea if I like them or not and most likely I will be investing in a seam ripper in a few days to rid them of their logos.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alternative chinos fits pretty well, it may taper too much for some though, but for it fits very well.
2ewmq1c.jpg

Scooba

Reaction score
^Where did you get those from?

I ordered a couple different pairs from Urban Outfitters yesterday since they have 10% off and free shipping. I'll let you guys know how they fit once I get them. I was looking for a light pair and a slightly darker beige.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got those from Macys. Some might find the inseam too short though, I am not particularly tall and the length is just right on me.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Got those from Macys. Some might find the inseam too short though, I am not particularly tall and the length is just right on me.

are the pants by Alternative apparel

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another pic of Alternative Apparel chino in sand color.
oihqih.jpg

emil8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doot
Can anybody recommend me some decently priced mustard chinos? Preferrably with a slim fit? I can't seem to find anything in a good ol' mustard.
Topman has a really slim mustard chino out know--the skinny fennel chino in stone. I ordered it because I wanted a darker khaki, but it's actually mustard.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45

I like those, although if the inseam is as short as you seem to describe it they probably won't work for me (unless they come in longer 32-34 inseams...).

Originally Posted by Lane
you mean not fat?

Go do some squats and then get back to me. Re-tard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads