Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Yeah, my K1s from last year are nice, but they're not slim at all. I'm looking at some 511 trousers and cords (for winter.. lol.. 116 degrees today.. wtf.)

2. Desperado

Desperado Member

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I wandered into an Urban Outfitters for the first time in at least a year over the weekend and saw the Dockers slim fits. They looked really good from just handling them. I didn't try them on so I don't know how the rise is (too much and too little rise are two of my biggest pet peeves), but the silhouette of the leg looked pretty good. If you're looking for something dressy, you may want to look for something else. These are definitely more casual. They're made of a pretty thick, rugged cotton. But I liked 'em. Didn't get them because I didn't need any, but I was tempted. Even the red ones looked good.

4. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

^ Those are my go to pants currently -- They're Amazing.

5. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Dickies Skinny Double Knees Now that I've had them for a couple weeks, I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a huge fan of these. After a few wears, the fabric on the tan khakis "breaks in", not sure how to describe it, but basically, you can see everything through the fabric. You know how at least with denim and most chinos, you might get a bulge or a fade around items, etc? Right, this is almost like those micrometer scanners at the airport. Put on the pants, stand in front of a mirror and you can see the pocket liners, boxer brief lines, cell phone, keys, pen, change, wallet, and even your penis in pretty 3D detail. The navy blue ones, due to the color, arent' as bad, neither are the black ones, but this is a case where I think the standard dickies poly-cotton blend would've been welcomed. [​IMG] I'll be looking at the dockers next.

6. NoahRose

NoahRose Well-Known Member

7. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

PSA for NYCers:

Stumbled onto a motherload of mabitex this weekend at the Daffy's at Madison and 44th (across the street from the Alden shop). At least three or four dozen pairs 32" to 38".

First experience with them. I'm still trying to regain circulation in my gnads.

8. keredog

keredog Senior member

Does anyone have experience with Penny Stock Khaki's? If so, how slim do they fit, how good is the quality in proportion to its price. [​IMG]

9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I know I'm going to get ragged on for this but I'll post anyway. I give you... Bonobos lol

Unfortunately they are too baggy for me so I'm going to return them and get some urban fit J Crew pants instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

11. greeeeen

greeeeen Member

Just picked these up:

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/shades_of_grey/flat_front_chino/28134

[​IMG]

I don't know much about this shades of grey brand, but the fit is good. Quality seems to be ok (at best), I picked them up because they were the exact fit I was looking for and just needed a pair of slim chino's. I would say they are in the very slim range (although not too skinny).

Anybody know about this shades of grey line?

12. werdswerf

werdswerf Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a place that has the Wings+Horns chinos in khaki, size 28 or 29? Haven't had any luck so far.

13. scb

scb Senior member

I know I'm going to get ragged on for this but I'll post anyway. I give you... Bonobos lol

Unfortunately they are too baggy for me so I'm going to return them and get some urban fit J Crew pants instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks like you bought the wrong size

14. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Thats how Banana Republic pants fit. Baggy and shapeless.

15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

looks like you bought the wrong size

Nope, the waist fit perfect. I'm a slim guy though so that might be the issue. On a regular guy they might not be as baggy.