Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I had no idea Macy's sold alternative apparel.

2. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

Alternative chinos fits pretty well, it may taper too much for some though, but for it fits very well.
    [​IMG]

those look good.
    how much did they cost and how's the sizing?

3. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

I had no idea Macy's sold alternative apparel.

ya every macys ive been too sells tees, hoodies, henleys

but i just went yesterday and i couldnt find any AA pants

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

Go do some squats and then get back to me. Re-tard.

I don't need to cuz I'm not fat.

5. csjesse

csjesse Active Member

Banana Republic's chinos come in a nice slim-fit variation...own a few pairs

6. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

[​IMG] Some folks asked about these in the non-baller thread: Dickies double knee skinny. This is about the best I can do without a mirror. Notes: these are 38x30. Huge amounts of room in the waist; I could easily size down to a 34 if the sizing is consistent. The Navy blues in the same size are not as roomy, but I can still size down. I've got 23-24" thighs, these are definitely a little snug in the thigh (they have loosened up during the day as I've worn them, as you can probably see), but the calves are pretty damned tight. If I flex my calf, you can see the muscle underneath. [​IMG] things I don't like: 1) Logos. They're obnoxious and the one on the left front knee is just retarded. A seam ripper will take care of this 2) cell phone pocket (you can see the mouth above the logo) is kinda retarded and annoying, but harmless. 3) The pockets frog out a bit (easily seen in the pic), but that's always been the case with the various styles of dickies I've worn over the years. It's not that they frog "out" out, like gaping mouths, but that just looks weird to see that much seam at the pocket, at least to me. To their credit, I had to point it out to the girls in the office before they saw it. 4) The double knee is a little odd. 5) Sizing. As mentioned above, I'm not confident I can size down too much for fear of cutting my legs off at the calves. And I don't even have big calves. If you've got stickish legs, they should be fine. You know how pants stack above shoes? Notice that in the pic, these are "stacking" above my calf and below the calf between the shoe and calf. I have to reach down and pull them down a bit to get them straightened out. This could be a deal-breaker in the end, but I'll give them some more wears and see if they relax a bit with usage. Things I like: 1) it's definitely slim. 2) uses a different fabric from the bog standard work pants, so it's not as "stiff" and polyester feeling. it's much softer. 3) $25 from the website. Jesus christ, for $25 I can deal with the above. I ride a motorcycle and I have no fear of bug splatters, road/brake dust, mud puddles, oil/dirt, whatever with these pants. If it gets bad, I'll just buy another pair. EDIT: I'll probably buy the Epaulet Gunmetals they just got in, because I'm a whore for gunmetal anything.

7. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

8. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

CharlieAngel, what's your true waist size?

9. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

10. JTK

JTK Senior member

I just received the Dockers SF in Tobacco. The fit and quality are top notch!! The fit is similar to my APC NS, w/ just a bit more taper. I wore them this weekend for the first time, and some dude actually complimented me on my pants! I told him they were dockers, and he couldn't believe it!

11. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

How Do The Dickies Compare To:

Jcrew Urban Slim
    Brooks Brother's Milano
    Levi's 511
    DOCKERS Wader?

12. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

I just received the Dockers SF in Tobacco. The fit and quality are top notch!! The fit is similar to my APC NS, w/ just a bit more taper. I wore them this weekend for the first time, and some dude actually complimented me on my pants! I told him they were dockers, and he couldn't believe it!

Same happened to me, Dockers in the slimest fit possible are the best chino's I've come about.

13. ahe

ahe Senior member

14. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

How Do The Dickies Compare To:

Jcrew Urban Slim
    Brooks Brother's Milano
    Levi's 511
    DOCKERS Wader?

Skinnier in the calf than the 511, but I think the 511 is overall a bit slimmer in the top-block.

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Skinnier in the calf than the 511, but I think the 511 is overall a bit slimmer in the top-block.
    Yet not to much? Thanks BTW, I'll probably cop the Red one and the Blue one.
    The signature Dockers slim fit's are only 35 dollars and they seem to look pretty good? Does anyone have any experience with them? http://us.dockers.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Stay Away not very slim at all... look at the wader instead or the tapered one.