• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are college athletics good or bad?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
man **** all yall in my life i seen that my ***** not going well. Clearly that means everybody else need to change. Ya heard?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also I am 20, I have my life figured out in a career that makes a lot of money and that I think people think highly of. Please tell me I am doing the right thing. BTW: I will not hear anyone tell me I'm making a dumb choice, even if you have done this for 40 years. Oh and I'm modest.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Uhhh sorry dude, but you have no credibility in this matter and I'm not going to sit here and listen to you try to feed me this line of bullshit.

Success.

TGPlastic

Reaction score
My school offered no athletic scholarships. None. I went to school to learn, not to play games or to cheer on mental defectives in shoulder pads.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
man **** all yall in my life i seen that my ***** not going well. Clearly that means everybody else need to change. Ya heard?

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Brah, he's a frosh that hangs out with the LSU system's president and the president tells him how the numbers are done with a *wink* and a *nod*.

Also I am 20, I have my life figured out in a career that makes a lot of money and that I think people think highly of. Please tell me I am doing the right thing. BTW: I will not hear anyone tell me I'm making a dumb choice, even if you have done this for 40 years. Oh and I'm modest.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.
yeah. they're working on moving our ****** programs from club back into NCAA completely. they've let tons of teachers go and they're cutting some programs (well more, they already cut some earlier this year. they're modifying tons of business and liberal arts programs.) i don't hang with university presidents, never said i did. but he just took over our campus and has been talking to students frequently so yeah he's been in contact with the student body alot. btw if you want that article google uh....john lombardi, uh....the enemy is us, i think. that's the old one i found. he's done a few on the subject. that's actually our uni president. there are tons of other articles like that. someone posted a few on the first or second page. either way this topic has veered....so yeah.
none of that applies to me. you won't find a single post that substantiates any of your claims. i'm 20, i don't have my life figured out at all, i'm going into a career that hasn't been a cash cow since the 80s, and most people don't think highly of it right now. i don't want anyone to tell me i'm doing the right thing, and i've never asked for that. i've heard many people tell me a dumb choice, and many more that encouraged me to follow goals. they also have decades of experience, and unlike the people on this forum who DON'T practice in my region and i have no face-to-face relationship with, i can trust them. JUST AN INTERNET FORUM

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TGPlastic
My school offered no athletic scholarships. None. I went to school to learn, not to play games or to cheer on mental defectives in shoulder pads.

Not having athletic scholarships doesn't mean that the school doesn't spend money on athletics.
facepalm.gif

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut

none of that applies to me. you won't find a single post that substantiates any of your claims. i'm 20, i don't have my life figured out at all, i'm going into a career that hasn't been a cash cow since the 80s, and most people don't think highly of it right now. i don't want anyone to tell me i'm doing the right thing, and i've never asked for that. i've heard many people tell me a dumb choice, and many more that encouraged me to follow goals. they also have decades of experience, and unlike the people on this forum who DON'T practice in my region and i have no face-to-face relationship with, i can trust them.

JUST AN INTERNET FORUM

lol8[1].gif
do you ever read your own poasts?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
lol8[1].gif
do you ever read your own poasts?

the better question is, do you guys?

you people infer alot of wild **** from my posts.

for example, i take everything with a grain of salt. positive advice, OR negative advice. i weigh it all. but, because i don't immediately agree with every one of your suggestions you think that i'm some stuck up punk who doesn't want to hear what you're saying?

come on guys. relax. it's an internet forum -- i take everything with a grain of salt. and i give the benefit of the doubt.

for you guys this is sport. you like to come here, sound witty, and toot your own horn. i couldn't give a **** about that stuff, man. i come here, post for 30 seconds, read what you say, and jet.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and re-read the threads that you have started. You should notice some patterns.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no thanks. i know what the underlying issue is with these threads -- people misinterpret and infer all types of crazy stuff from innocuous statements, and it's all politics.

i don't **** with politics on the internet. enough of that goes on irl. i'm not nice, i don't explain myself, and i don't care.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
no thanks. i know what the underlying issue is with these threads -- people misinterpret and infer all types of crazy stuff from innocuous statements, and it's all politics.

i don't **** with politics on the internet. enough of that goes on irl. i'm not nice, i don't understand myself, and i don't care.

FTFY.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allow me the liberty of summarizing your typical thread:

CajunFran: [premature hubris-laden life plan or baseless conclusory statement] What do you think about that SF?

SF: You're wrong. You shouldn't be thinking about this now/you need to do more research.

CajunFran: I think otherwise. Haters.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's not what happened, because after the first few posts everyone disregarded my original problem, and i never felt like addressing the other problems or backing up my statements because THAT'S NOT WHAT THE ******* TOPIC WAS ABOUT.

i started this as an opinion topic. it veered. i stated my opinions, but i didn't back them up with sources or even cogent argument because i didn't start this ******* thread for that purpose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads