• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
My katahdins have worn in really well after half a year of wear, I gave them a coat of mink oil when I got them and that was enough to waterproof them. After using mix of black/brown polish on them for half a year...they really have developed a beautiful patina. These are true workboots so they only get better looking the more you beat them up. I recommend them wholeheartedly. they run half a size big though =/

I'd love to see pics (in natural light!) -- your shoes must look great now.

dinogj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
I'd love to see pics (in natural light!) -- your shoes must look great now.

unfortunatly my cameras broke at the moment...and the camera on my phone wont do anything justice, I'll gladly oblige as soon as I get a good pic..these babys rock

obeserabbit

Reaction score
so i'm still kinda confused on how to treat the boots..obenaufs? mink oil? both? sno-seal is similar to obenaufs?

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
so i'm still kinda confused on how to treat the boots..obenaufs? mink oil? both? sno-seal is similar to obenaufs?

I will repeat again, do not use Obenauf's oil or LP on these boots. If you read Obenauf's site they do not recommend using it on leather such as is used on the Katahdin's. I only wish that I read that before I used it on mine. Completely changed the color and texture - in time hoping wears down.
http://www.obenaufs.com/leathercare....2fecb6e1f6537e

Bob

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For waterproofing/protection, Obenauf's LP. Will darken the boots, but lighten up over time/wear. For conditioning, Lexol conditioner. Will darken temporarily, lightens up after a few hours.

Bob: have you been wearing them a lot? They should have lightened up somewhat.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Obenaufs on mine and it works great. Really darkens them up at first but that goes away as you wear them, eventually they'll go back to looking like they did when you got.

G0079

Reaction score
L.L. Bean warranties transfer if you buy used, right? I tried searching but didn't get anything with the keywords I tried.

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
For waterproofing/protection, Obenauf's LP. Will darken the boots, but lighten up over time/wear. For conditioning, Lexol conditioner. Will darken temporarily, lightens up after a few hours.

Bob: have you been wearing them a lot? They should have lightened up somewhat.

No, I haven't worn them a lot, but I have worn them and I also left them out in the sun to lighten/dry them, but I will keep wearing them. They are for sure ligher than last week and I hope you are correct that they will get back to where they were prior to using the Obenauf's.

Obenauf's worked well on my tannish work boots, made the color deeper, but never again on my Katadin's.

Bob

EClayton08

Reaction score
I'm about to order these and want to make sure I get the right size. I wear a 8 in Red Wings and 9 in New Balance, what size should I go with?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
Edit: Be careful when you first get them. They make them in both full grain and half grain leather, you wont know until you get them what leather they are. If you get the half grain at first make sure to return them for the full grain version.
How can you tell the difference? I've got mine here and they seem split but I'm not 100%. BTW - really enjoying all the Obenaufs back and forth. You'd think this was health care reform.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How can you tell the difference? I've got mine here and they seem split but I'm not 100%.

BTW - really enjoying all the Obenaufs back and forth. You'd think this was health care reform.

Someone on here posted pics in here, the inside of the split grain are fuzzy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Someone on here posted pics in here, the inside of the split grain are fuzzy.
Eh, both of mine are fuzzy so that doesn't really help much. Neither of them are smooth in any way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads