1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmillz15, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

No bleeding? Do you have ankles made of paper that you bleed when wearing new boots?

i read from some of the posts that people had ankles bleeding, i dun think mine will be bleeding though

2. ruben

ruben Senior member

Trust me, your upper ankle area will hurt for a week or so.

Why is that?

do they break in eventually?

I think I saw posted somewhere on this forum a link to some place that was selling Iron Work Boot second for nearly half price.
    Does anyone have the link? (I should have saved it)
    and
    Has anyon ordered from them?

3. asdf

asdf Senior member

Why is that?

do they break in eventually?

Yeah, most people find the very top of the cuff makes your upper-ankle-area (???) sore for the first few wears. For me, only my right ankle, and only a week or so, then they broke in. It is entirely possible that some people experience no discomfort.

4. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Yeah for the first few days your ankles will probably be sore. Mine didn't bleed, but they were hurting, but I just sucked it up and kept wearing them. After a week they will feel normal

5. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

thinking about getting a pair, im assuming they fit the same way as clarks and that i should size down 1/2? is there a cupon code going around right now?

6. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Christ - they're like any other boot - need to be broken-in. Free advice: quit wearing when they hurt, resume when recovered.

7. Zackb911

Zackb911 Senior member

I can't believe I read through nearly the whole thread only to find out they're OOS in my size. 10.5... Got to love it. [​IMG]

8. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Are you a natural 10.5? I am, and the 10 is working fine for me.

9. dijon

dijon Well-Known Member

been searching around and found these, I really wish Chippewa made these version of the boots
    available in the US [​IMG]

if anyone has info on where to get it, would appreciate it a lot

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

been searching around and found these, I really wish Chippewa made these version of the boots available in the US [​IMG] if anyone has info on where to get it, would appreciate it a lot [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    . . bottom boot is not the same boot as the boots above it. the boots you posted first are Japan only, and Cordovan, and expensive. the bottom boots you can get at Zappos, you just have to remove the tongue tab and they are darker in color. Type "chippewa GQ" in your preferred search engine I spoke to Chippewa last year about the Japan boots, and she said, "they are not allowed to sell them to the US" don't know about that, but they are exclusive to Japan. . .

11. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Toecap + that leather would kick ass. Then again, I wonder how much they charge for those in Japan. They might not compete in value like the Katahdins do.

12. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

I don't think you'll regret ordering tts; I did with mine and they fit perfectly.

Well my size 9 (TTS) arrived and they fit perfectly. Or do they? They seem good but we'll see when my 8.5's (1/2 down) come. Maybe they'll be a "better" fit. The only place I can imagine going down is my toebox. I seem to have some extra space in the 9's. I am pretty sure I'll end up keeping the 9's though.

13. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

With more wear, the leather will loosen up so you'll have more room than you thought. I have a size 9 TTS and I think I might be able to even size down, although I just wear thick socks and I'm fine

14. changy

changy Senior member

same here. size 9 is a good fit except too much room in the toe area. ended up with an 8.5. it's a little snug now but hopefully will loosenup

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

[​IMG] THE LEFT ONE HAS A VERY LIGHT COATING OF OBENAUF LP

16. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

So as I understand it the idea is to go TTS? Because if so, they're out of size 10.5D which means I'm outta luck for a spare pair of beater winter boots.

17. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Go down 1/2 a size., they are fairly roomy.

18. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

So as I understand it the idea is to go TTS? Because if so, they're out of size 10.5D which means I'm outta luck for a spare pair of beater winter boots.

It depends -maybe on your arch length or something. I wear a 10.5 and that's what I needed in these. I tried a 10 and they were too short.

19. jobg

jobg Member

[​IMG]

THE LEFT ONE HAS A VERY LIGHT COATING OF OBENAUF LP

At last, you have solved the problem. A light coat of Obenauf = very nice rich brown color + waterproofing

20. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Well my size 9 (TTS) arrived and they fit perfectly. Or do they? They seem good but we'll see when my 8.5's (1/2 down) come. Maybe they'll be a "better" fit. The only place I can imagine going down is my toebox. I seem to have some extra space in the 9's. I am pretty sure I'll end up keeping the 9's though.

The 8.5's arrived today. They are definitely more snug around the toebox (still fits fine, less empty space). With medium thickness socks, they still fit just as fine but all around a tad tighter than the 9's. I am going with the 8.5's which is 1/2 size down from TTS. I think with some stretching they'll be perfect.