• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fantasy Football thread

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Ten team league, first overall pick

Peyton Manning
Marques Colston
Steve Smith (Panthers)
Michael Crabtree
Chris Johnson
Ryan Grant
Tony Gonzalez
W/R Flex Marion Barber
W/R/T Flex Santana Moss
Ryan Longwell
Philadelphia D

Bench:
Ben Roethlisberger
Jay Cutler
Nate Burleson
John Carlson
Terrell Owens
Vishante Shinaeco (I wanted Cadillac Williams but my computer froze and he got selected)
Willis McGahee
Jeff Reed
Miami D

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
your guys' teams make me feel even worse about my ****** team
cry.gif

brimley

Reaction score
Non-PPR league.

RB1: C Johnson
RB2: Jahvid Best v Chi or Arian Foster v Indy? Leaning towards Foster because I see a slightly higher floor ("Detroit ******** the bed factor") though Best probably has higher upside?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyf
Non-PPR league. RB1: C Johnson RB2: Jahvid Best v Chi or Arian Foster v Indy? Leaning towards Foster because I see a slightly higher floor ("Detroit ******** the bed factor") though Best probably has higher upside?
I like Best, but I haven't seen Foster run. Depends on who you think will be further behind and abandoning the run earliest I guess. Don't overestimate the bears. They suck, and might actually lose.
smile.gif

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting SJax, but trying to decide between Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, Jerome Harrison, and Jonathan Stewart as my #2. Leaning toward Grant, but could see going with Benson or Harrison.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I'm starting SJax, but trying to decide between Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, Jerome Harrison, and Jonathan Stewart as my #2. Leaning toward Grant, but could see going with Benson or Harrison.

I'm high on Harrison this week going against Tampa and think he could blow up. Also like Benson against NE. Grant is probably the safest of the bunch though in terms of consistent production and really is underrated as a RB.

Regardless of who you go with, you are either in a really small league or drafted some seriously awesome RB depth.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, it's an 8 team league. Annoyingly, I don't think there's going to be a lot of trading going on, so I won't be able to convert my glut of RBs into upgrades at QB/WR.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't like how my team's leading scorer (Chris Johnson) is being countered by Hakeem F'ing Nicks right now point for point.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just noticed that My opponent this week has Foster chilling on his bench. Ahahahaha

31.7 points Fantasy FAIL.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I just noticed that My opponent this week has Foster chilling on his bench. Ahahahaha

31.7 points Fantasy FAIL.

Does he have some other stud running back that he didn't start foster? Goodness gracious me! Another Foster TD.

My buddy is in a tough game where his opponent has Hakim Nicks on the bench.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Does he have some other stud running back that he didn't start foster? Goodness gracious me! Another Foster TD. My buddy is in a tough game where his opponent has Hakim Nicks on the bench.
They started Ronnie Brown and Mendenhall. I mean, I can see it. Arian Foster was kind of an unknown quantity. Not anymore, evidently. Goddddamn. Foster has 231 rushing yards and three TDs!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foster scored 46 points in my scoring format. that's Tom-Brady's-best-week-in-2008 territory

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
They started Ronnie Brown and Mendenhall. I mean, I can see it. Arian Foster was kind of an unknown quantity. Not anymore, evidently.

Goddddamn. Foster has 231 rushing yards and three TDs!

Hah yeah...I'm in 7 leagues. I have him in all my leagues expect for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads