• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fantasy Football thread

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's getting to be around draft time. Post your teams and ff-related questions.

1st draft (12 team league, picked 7th, 1 pt per 3 receptions):

Starters:
QB: Cutler
RB: MJD
WR: Fitz
WR: Megatron
Flex: Steve Smith (CAR)
TE: Gonzalez
K: Tynes
DEF: Eagles

Bench:
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Beanie Wells
RB: Donald Brown
WR: VJax
WR: Santonio Holmes
WR: Aromashodu

Took a lot of **** for this team during/after the draft, which makes no sense to me - I'm feeling pretty good about it.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you only have 1 starting RB?

I love Fitz, but I don't think they have anyone who can throw him the ball.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, well there's the flex spot where you can use a second. Which I've always done up until this year - all this running back by committee stuff is ruining fantasy football.

I agree that it is not a good sign when you are rooting for Derek Anderson to win the starting QB job for your #1 WR.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
12 team Keeper league: QB - Joe Flacco, Mark (Dirty) Sanchez RB - Chris Johnson, Knowshon Moreno, Tim Hightower, Marion Barber, Leon Washington WR - Reggie Wayne, Donald Driver, Terrell Owens, Dexter McCluster, Golden Tate TE - Jermichael Finley K - Olindo Mare DEF - Saints QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF format I kept Johnson (8th rd keeper) and Flacco (6th round keeper) This is my 3rd and last year with Chris Johnson.
frown.gif

DDSJohnny

Reaction score
just drafted and pretty happy with how i came out. 2 year champ reign here i come. 12 team league. i picked 8th.

qb: rodgers
rb: sjax, rgrant
wr: gjennings, sims walker, jknox
te: witten
k: longwell
def: cowboys
notables on bench: forte, breaston, malcolm floyd

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Wheres this year's SF fantasy football league?

If you want to start one, I don't see anyone stopping you.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
need advice for my first two picks....11th in a 12 team league, snake draft. thoughts?

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
need advice for my first two picks....11th in a 12 team league, snake draft. thoughts?

assuming a top rb is already taken, it's quite popular to take Randy Moss and either Brees or Rodgers with your first two picks

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 teams, 7th pick

qb- brees, alex smith
wr- jennings, sims-walker, malcolm floyd, massaquoi, jacoby jones
rb- ryan matthews, pierre thomas, felix jones, jerome harrison, portis
te- finley
k- crosby
def- sd

8 teams, 7th pick

qb- schaub, mcnabb
wr- roddy white, colston, sims-walker, crabtree, edleman, housh
rb- gore, stephen jackson, spiller, ronnie brown
te- gonzalez, cooley
k- nedney
def- tenn

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
assuming a top rb is already taken, it's quite popular to take Randy Moss and either Brees or Rodgers with your first two picks

According to ESPN's average draft results, the top 10 players off the board are:

1. Chris Johnson
2. Peterson
3. MJD
4. Rice
5. Brees
6. Gore
7. SJax
8. Andre Johnson
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Michael Turner

If that were the case...I'd be tempted to go Moss/Peyton, actually (if whichever you don't pick at 11 makes it to 14...they have Moss at 11 and Peyton at 12).

If Peyton goes there's not another QB I'd take there, so I'd go best available RB/WR.

The nice thing about 11 is that often someone will drop a few spots.

Biggest piece of advice - keep track of everyone the guy with #12 drafts. Example - when it's round 3 and you have a RB you really like and a WR you really like, it's helpful to know that the #12 guy went RB/RB rounds one and two - then you take your WR and grab the RB after he picks.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I joined a league that is comprised of my guys from my poker game. They all follow NFL closely, but some are new to FF. There is a significant buy-in so this is my only league this year. 10 team league standard scoring (no ppr, qb 4pts per td)

Here is how my team ended up with the #10 pick

Qb: Kolb
Rb: Turner
Rb: Benson
Wr: Andre Johnson
Wr: Miles Austin
Rb/Wr: Steve Smith (NYG)
Te: Gates
DEF: NYJ
Bn: Eli Manning
Bn: Reggie Bush
Bn: Fred Jackson
Bn: San Fran DEF
Bn: Jacoby Jones
Bn: Anthony Gonzo
Bn: Manningham

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the advice. if any RB on that ESPN list falls to me, i think i'd be happy taking him as my first pick. otherwise i mite go WR/WR - like Andre Johnson + Randy Moss

i don't think i'll take any QB not named Brees in the first round

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^If Andre Johnson is still there at 11 I'd have a really tough time not taking him. Depending on your league rules, I think a case can be made for taking him as high as 5th overall. I don't see taking him over Chris Johnson, ADP, MJD, or Ray Rice (the tier 1 RBs, IMO). SJax, Gore, and Turner all had injury problems last year (tier 2). Williams, Grant, Benson, Mendenhall, Greene (tier 3) all have other issues that are potentially concerning.

DeAngelo Williams was the next RB in the ESPN list btw, but the presence of Jonathan Stewart scares me.

Personally, I've rarely taken a QB before round 5 or so, and never in round 1 or 2, so I don't really disagree with you there.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
I joined a league that is comprised of my guys from my poker game. They all follow NFL closely, but some are new to FF. There is a significant buy-in so this is my only league this year. 10 team league standard scoring (no ppr, qb 4pts per td)

Here is how my team ended up with the #10 pick

Qb: Kolb
Rb: Turner
Rb: Benson
Wr: Andre Johnson
Wr: Miles Austin
Rb/Wr: Steve Smith (NYG)
Te: Gates
DEF: NYJ
Bn: Eli Manning
Bn: Reggie Bush
Bn: Fred Jackson
Bn: San Fran DEF
Bn: Jacoby Jones
Bn: Anthony Gonzo
Bn: Manningham

Homer alert - I think Kolb could have a pretty good year. I do see a lot of picks though...seems that he has been lucky often in the preseason with balls that should have been intercepted. One great thing about McNabb is that he rarely turned the ball over.

I like this team a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads