• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fantasy Football thread

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
Are we talking about drafts 1.5 months ago or drafts before kickoff? You seemed to be arguing that Foster isn't worth a 3rd round pick if the draft was done after the Tate injury initially, but now you're talking about drafts done a long time ago (which is stupid IMO, who the **** wants to draft in July/early august)
It doesn't matter, a "long time ago" was a month. Nobody is talking 1.5 months ago. In fact, I clearly posted the date on my quote. That's not a long time ago. A lot of people draft in August. dare I say "most" people. But even if the draft was ten minutes before kickoff, Arian Foster was STILL NOT A THIRD ROUND PICK. He was a reach, and open to being mocked as such.
Seahawks looked great...defense especially. Wonder if they can keep it up.
Who knows. It's like Arian Foster. Was he really 230 yards and three TD's good, or are the colts D just that bad? Can the Seahawks beat a good team? Probably not. Can they win the NFC West? Probably.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Depending on settings (non-PPR, no flex spot), I'd still take foster over any of those QBs or wideouts. You draft value if you'd like, but I'd rather have the featured back guaranteed 20 touches.

It's running back man...pretty low learning curve. Thats why Ryan Mathews goes first round. Foster is in essentially the same situation.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Depending on settings (non-PPR, no flex spot), I'd still take foster over any of those QBs or wideouts. You draft value if you'd like, but I'd rather have the featured back guaranteed 20 touches. It's running back man...pretty low learning curve. Thats why Ryan Mathews goes first round. Foster is in essentially the same situation.
Yes, except he was not that guy until YESTERDAY. A month ago, he was 2nd on the depth chart and splitting carries with two other guys in an offense that is 67% passing based, two weeks ago, he was first because of injury and splitting carries with one guy in the same offense. As of yesterday, he's now a third round pick. But not until yesterday.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on settings (non-PPR, no flex spot), I'd still take foster over any of those QBs or wideouts. You draft value if you'd like, but I'd rather have the featured back guaranteed 20 touches. It's running back man...pretty low learning curve. Thats why Ryan Mathews goes first round. Foster is in essentially the same situation.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Yes, except he was not that guy until YESTERDAY. A month ago, he was 2nd on the depth chart and splitting carries with two other guys in an offense that is 67% passing based, two weeks ago, he was first because of injury and splitting carries with one guy in the same offense. As of yesterday, he's now a third round pick. But not until yesterday.
+1 to Slim. I love me some Foster but it has to be kept in check. He still is not guaranteed 20 touches every week. Slaton will get some carries and he won't be going up against that ****** of a run defense every week. Remember what Schaub did last year. He won't be throwing it only 17 times a week from here on out. Right now I see him as a RB2 in the 15-20 range with potential to be a low end RB1 (around 10-12).

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Foster was playing the Colts, who have only a slight familiarity with defense. After next week's game against the Skins, you're going to be looking for his face on the side of a milk carton.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have Foster. On the bench.
ffffuuuu.gif

I started Chris Johnson and Rashard Mendenhall, but I went back-and-forth for two days trying to decide who to put at RB2 (Mendenhall or Foster).

On the bright side, I got Foster late - the ninth - and we're a keeper league. On the even brighter side is that my team was a beast this weekend. My starting lineup for the weekend (we're a PPR league):

QB: Tony Romo
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
WR: Chad Ochocinco
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
TE: Jermichael Finley
K: Ryan Longwell
D: Tenn.

I scored 190.48 points, and that's including benching Foster. No one else in my league is even close to my point total.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very nice MrG.
smile.gif

I'd like to point out that the last time the Houston Texans had a 20 carry a game RB for a whole season, his name was Domanick Davis/Williams and GWB was just starting his 2nd term as President.

Ron Dayne did it three years ago, but he only started 8 games.

Macallan9

Reaction score

? He was that guy as of 2nd week of preseason. He was that guy the moment Tate got injured, actually. Houston announced it. And he looked great in preseason. You can draft consistency if you want, it's just different philosophies. I draft upside. I took Foster 4th round in most leagues, starting 3 weeks ago. 3rd is a bit of a reach, but not that absurd.

Originally Posted by BDC2823
+1 to Slim. I love me some Foster but it has to be kept in check. He still is not guaranteed 20 touches every week. Slaton will get some carries and he won't be going up against that ****** of a run defense every week. Remember what Schaub did last year. He won't be throwing it only 17 times a week from here on out. Right now I see him as a RB2 in the 15-20 range with potential to be a low end RB1 (around 10-12).

Slaton has a foot injury and a major case of the fumbles. Houston hates him. I guess you could take the coach's words with a grain of salt, but he did announce in preseason that foster was the guy.

Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Well Foster was playing the Colts, who have only a slight familiarity with defense. After next week's game against the Skins, you're going to be looking for his face on the side of a milk carton.

I like the skins, but did you not see the cowboys game? If wade phillips wasn't such a marsupial they could've just run hb blast up the middle every play and the cowboys would've won. They had like 4.5 ypc.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Call me a liar all you want. I've known since last year.

As far as passing on guys, I was in an auction league. Let the other guys blow 1/4 of their budget on 1 player. Not me.

Is Foster doing better than I hoped? Absolutely. But do I have big expectations? You bet. Foster should put up 15-25 game at 1/2 the cost of guys who will do that or a little less.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am just about ready to straight up drop Flacco. what a ******* piece of garbage.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Call me a liar all you want. I've known since last year.
Can't know something that isn't knowable. So, since you insist, yes - you are a liar.
smile.gif
You guessed. Congrats on your nice week one. He's got a long way to go. That being said, I'm about to drop my first goddamn game. It came down to me down 10pts with Joe Flacco and my opponent has Antonio Gates. I'm not even going to break even. ******* Jets D. I am destroying people in College Fantasy though.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice Garcon and Collie's stats were changed this morning?
I didn't see the game, but originally Garcon had 4 rec, 70+ yds including. Looks like they moved a 32 yard reception and fumble to Collie.
My cbs league reflects this but not yahoo. Which is correct?

Blog Marley

Reaction score
F U C K Ryan Grant is out for the season. He was my number two to Chris Johnson but who do I turn to now? The loser commissioner with no life picked up his backup during the game
plain.gif
My other starting caliber RB is Marion Barber and picked up Hillis

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^that's BS that your league allows within-game pickups. they should put all players on waivers from sunday afternoon to tuesday so everyone has a chance.

i'm #2 on my waiver priority and i want to use it this week. first option is Brandon Jackson, obviously. but if the guy with #1 priority takes him, who should i get? i'm very thin at QB and RB

Vick?
Hasselbeck?
Peyton Hillis?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have BJax waiver priority.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads