• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bends or OkComputer

AGPi

Reaction score
the impression that OK Computer made at the time is another reason why people are still so fond of the album.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with OP that these are there two best by a long shot (though I do like In Rainbow).

I am in the minority in a long standing debate with my immediate coworkers. They stroke it to Kid A and Amnesiac (neither of which I can stand to listen to).

They think I'm a rube for liking The Bends. I often encourage them to move back the Russia and live with the other Communists.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I agree with OP that these are there two best by a long shot (though I do like In Rainbow).

I am in the minority in a long standing debate with my immediate coworkers. They stroke it to Kid A and Amnesiac (neither of which I can stand to listen to).

They think I'm a rube for liking The Bends. I often encourage them to move back the Russia and live with the other Communists.

The Bends is such a good rock album, and would be considered very innovative if it wasn't for what followed in the next few albums. The Bends is probably my favorite rock album of all time. And anyone who says it is vanilla rock and not innovative should listen to the opening track again.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why no radiohead sucks option?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portishead. And I should have pushed for the gold with little young miss.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I don't understand why Street Spirit is famous but Black Star doesn't get as much love. Superior song imo.

+1,000!

Black Star is one of my favourite crank-up-the-volume songs of all time. There are few others songs I have listened to as many times as this one.

That said, I voted OKC.

I also agree with whoever said the slobbering of Pitchfork et al over every new RH release is tiring. Post-OKC RH has not been mind-blowing exactly.

word

Reaction score
OkComputer never clicked with me. So The Bends.

Even though Kid A >>>>>> it all. Actually Kid A is the only Radiohead I've listened to for like 10 years. Other than random stuff heard in public.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word

Even though Kid A >>>>>> it all. Actually Kid A is the only Radiohead I've listened to for like 10 years. Other than random stuff heard in public.

I think the streak of:

1) Planet Telex
2) Airbag
3) Everythang in its right place

is the greatest streak of opening tracks ever.

word

Reaction score
I dunno, The Girl with the Sun in Her Head is my fav album intro. But that's getting OT.
blush.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
They're kinda like Pink Floyd -- lots of crap mixed in with listenable stuff and a mob of fans that see way more than what's actually there.

are you insane?
did you just compare Radio Head to Pink Floyd...thats like comparing The Killers to The Rolling Stones or Muse to the Beatles

word

Reaction score
Can't even make it through the first paragraph of that.
plain.gif

All of their albums rated 10 are probably reviewed just as bad. I remember the Bricolage one, basically it kept them from falling asleep on the interstate so instant 10 I guess?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Bends DEFINED my high school experience; the fact that more are voting for OK COMPUTER makes me feel very, very old.

Of course, these days, I can't even listen to Radiohead, but for a time, THE BENDS was it. Fake Plastic Trees was basically every semi-literate boy's anthem from the mid nineties oneward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads