• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Chittleborough & Morgan have an interest in Castle tailors & John works from both premises, although he's mainly based in the City.

He does make a more structed jacket than I do & very reasonably priced, compared to a lot on the row, so worth looking into.

Castle tailors: 44 (0) 20 7623 5063

Edwin DeBoise

www.steed.co.uk

www.steeds-view.blogspot.com

John seems to do work for Cad & the Dandy these days, I think.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anybody comment on Edwin's "Semi-Bespoke" service? Is this pretty much made to measure? I am considering it.

braised

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Can anybody comment on Edwin's "Semi-Bespoke" service? Is this pretty much made to measure? I am considering it.

I haven't done it, but Edwin measures you, cuts the cloth and jobs the assembly out. There is less hand work than in his bespoke but you get full choice of cloth, the master's eye, and the ability to have his shop adjust if needed. MTM with Edwin should be a vastly superior product to MTM with anything like a Brooks Brothers or the lilke.

It sounds quite appealing I do not understand why it is not more utilized.

Braised

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braised
I haven't done it, but Edwin measures you, cuts the cloth and jobs the assembly out. There is less hand work than in his bespoke but you get full choice of cloth, the master's eye, and the ability to have his shop adjust if needed. MTM with Edwin should be a vastly superior product to MTM with anything like a Brooks Brothers or the lilke.

It sounds quite appealing I do not understand why it is not more utilized.

Braised

It does indeed sound good for people who do not care much for hand work. I happen to like it on suits and coats, don't care for hand work on shirts and shoes. What is the price difference between full bespoke and semi-bespoke?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1,980GBP vs. 800-900GBP

I just read in his blog that the fronts are fused with a chest canvas. That alone turns me off.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1,980GBP vs. 800-900GBP

I just read in his blog that the fronts are fused with a chest canvas. That alone turns me off.

1,980 GBP sounds very reasonable for full bespoke, now I see why Vox goes crazy and places multiple orders at a time.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, I am very much considering using Edwin from this point on for bespoke. It is funny how your taste changes so much though. I remembered I was never into the A&S draped look and into more fashion forward looks, but seeing his work and learning more about tailoring pretty much has me sold on it.

Soon I will join the drapists.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am very much considering using Edwin from this point on for bespoke. It is funny how your taste changes so much though. I remembered I was never into the A&S draped look and into more fashion forward looks, but seeing his work and learning more about tailoring pretty much has me sold on it.

Soon I will join the drapists.

+1,I also liked clean look but no more. Drape is the ****, too bad I can't use him due to logistics issues.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1,980GBP vs. 800-900GBP

Edwin's semi-bespoke is half canvassed. The quality is still, I'm told, excellent.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not about to read all 1000+ posts ... so excuse me if my post is old news.

Rumor has it that A&S will be lining a jacket in Hermes scarves for one client. It ain't your grandfather's A&S.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I'm not about to read all 1000+ posts ... so excuse me if my post is old news.

Rumor has it that A&S will be lining a jacket in Hermes scarves for one client. It ain't your grandfather's A&S.

Glad he found that 2nd scarf he was looking for.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Glad he found that 2nd scarf he was looking for.

Sometimes, when you pull out the knotted scarf, you're surprised that a second is tied to the first.

I'm not sure if that is what happened, but I offer it as a possibility.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads