• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
eh I don't like hendrix's fit. Blazer is too small and shoes don't mesh at all.

yup, blazer is too small and shoes aren't going well.

Gonna return the blazer to yoox, it's clearly undersized. Will get something similar that fits better.

Need to get some nice sneakers i think.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
DSC00978.jpg

alessandri
KC (lol)
PS. Nice sneakers would probably be good here but i don't have any.

Not sure whether the blazer is salvageable, with how tight it is in the arms. I will be going on a cut for the next few months but i don't know whether that's gonna help.

wow. first semi-decent fit from hendrix. your pants actually look pretty good.

your idea is good in theory. however, the sleeves of the jacket are pretty long given how short the body of the jacket is. the body is way too short for you. the distance from the pocket to the bottom of the blazer makes it look like it was cut off. you're probably too ripped for it. can you even button it? for the "summer steeze" look you are targetting, you need a longer jacket with deeper V. i would return it if you can. i think that Marc Jacobs jacket you posted before would be much better.

color-wise, the whole thing is kind of thrown together (probably because you don't have enough options in your wardrobe).
  • first, i wouldnt wear that color blazer with white pants. I would wear it with dark pants.
  • second, I wouldnt wear that blazer with that t-shirt; i would wear a t-shirt that is a lighter color than the blazer.
  • third, i wouldn't wear those pants with those shoes. it's really rare for white pants to work with black shoes. assuming we are talking just about the white pants without the blazer, I would combine them with some off-white shoe or anything in the earthy tones (brown, burnished calf, cream, etc). you could probably do some colored shoes like light blue...anything besides black really.

+1 the sneaker idea too

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
didn't actually wear this out. got the shirt for free for taking part in the Shipley & Halmos photography tour. interesting t-shirt. kind of a rick-owensy cut.

IMG_2357.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
personally not a fan of those particular boots but damn those jeans look amazing. solid look

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
What kind of jeans are those, they look really good

Thanks, jeans are apc petit standard.

Originally Posted by aeglus
People are probably going to say I'm dumb but I think this works a lot better than your previous fits. Proportions seemed a little off with that mega stacking into hightops and loose button-downs. This fit is awesome all around.
No, that's fair. I dunno about proportions, since I think that's part of the fun with all my weird ****, but there's definitely something really easy and incredibly masculine about throwing on boots, blue jeans and a white tee. I always kind of feel like a movie star, truf. To me, the megastacks/hightops/tanks is a little younger feeling, which is fine for summer. Also, those margiela boots are made of love. Gorgeous.

Hendrix nice fit on the pants man! And good for you for trying something new. Sq's comments are pretty good, although I think you could get away with the blazer/pants color combo with lighter shoes and a lighter shirt.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
IMG_4266.jpg
Sweater: Missoni T shirt: Uniqlo Jeans: Nudies Belt: Margiela Shoes: Aquascutum Bag: Bally The shoes got ruined yesterday, shouldn't wear suede in the rain, to a bar or in a muddy field.

The skinny jeans. We know you have skinny legs, but you need to stop wearing them. They make your shoes look like clown shoes. Wear a slim straight or something instead. Skin tight is not always the best look. Wear something that evens our your proportions a bit.
Originally Posted by hendrix
DSC00978.jpg
alessandri KC (lol) PS. Nice sneakers would probably be good here but i don't have any. Not sure whether the blazer is salvageable, with how tight it is in the arms. I will be going on a cut for the next few months but i don't know whether that's gonna help.

The people who think this fit is good need to go see an optometrist. Dude, you are way too big to be wearing that blazer. That **** is tiny on you. The problem isn't the arms; it's the chest. How do you even button it up (if you even can) without looking like some scrawnier, wannabe version of Hulk?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
stazzzzy2.jpg

Hahaha I forgot about those. Extremely appropriate usage.

Originally Posted by JD_May
Damn, she's cute, where'd you find one of them in Edmonton?

Philosophy class.

Originally Posted by jet
still mad i missed out on that limited edition tee, grail status for me

Might be abe to make ONE more. haha

Originally Posted by thekunk07
aaawwwww

+1. I don't see the Rihanna resemblance though.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
The skinny jeans. We know you have skinny legs, but you need to stop wearing them. They make your shoes look like clown shoes. Wear a slim straight or something instead. Skin tight is not always the best look. Wear something that evens our your proportions a bit.

for the record, i think his feet actually are clown-sized for his body (US 11 or something).

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i thought he was over 6ft ?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
IMG_4266.jpg

Sweater: Missoni

really love this sweater, picturing it with different bottom though - maybe a gray slubby linen?

Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
dsc00893m.jpg

dig the clothes but the accessories are ruining it for me. the glasses, bracelet and watch look like holdovers from a different style

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
didn't actually wear this out. got the shirt for free for taking part in the Shipley & Halmos photography tour. interesting t-shirt. kind of a rick-owensy cut.

IMG_2357.jpg

Ai yo, crew neck T's are really terrible 95% of the time.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good, especially with the shoes. Don't know whats wrong with the fit I actually like to see sq in some casual stuff.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I just feel like crew-neck T = baseball jersey

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
do you guys think this collar is spread out too wide?
img1324t.jpg
i thought it looked fine in the mirror, but after seeing the picture, i'm thinking it may look a bit disco time edit-should I put this in the 'ask a question' thread instead?

yo i like this a lot, very clean but sexy at the same time. tom ford steez. i love spread collars like this though. it is very 70's, you're right; if that's an issue for you, pull it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads