• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could not get into Fallout 3. The world just isn't charming, and I'm a huge post-apocalyptic fan. The combat system changes seem to make the game more tedious than strategic, and the textures are just awful.

A lot of people love it though, so do try.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I really liked it at first, but having played (broken IMO) Oblivion I went straight to the strategy guides for my build, and then ended up way too powerful. I killed the last guy with one shot, etc. Plus I feel compelled to gather every bit of scrap metal in the whole world to trade in for money I can never spend, etc. Wish I could become a more casual player of that type of game. Then again, I found it fun and it's probably better that I don't replay it over and over, since it is ultimately fruitless.

Hazad

Reaction score
I've been being completely lame and playing EQemu (paging GQgeek and Piobaire) recently. It's nice considering it's free (download the torrent of EQ and no sub fee) and some of the custom servers are pretty neat considering all of the work the devs put into it.

And if you're feeling like a hardcore masochist, there is Project 1999 which is EQ as it existed in 1999. It will be updated this Oct to Kunark and then in another year or so to Velious and then no more expansions, but right now it is completely vanilla with a level 50 cap and extreme grinding to hit the cap. Needless to say, I'm on a custom server since I have limited playtime.

amd123

Reaction score
yea oblivion is awesome.
smile.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I think you may find it kind of lame going straight from Oblivion to Fallout 3, but who knows. It kind of felt like an addon pack with a different story etc. to me. I tried starting another playthrough but couldn't get into it again... maybe I should sell it.
Well I feel I owe it to myself since I was such a big Fallout and Fallout 2 fan. I also really got into TES Morrowind back when it came out too. I definitely have some pretty major gripes about Oblivion but it's still the best damn game I've ever played overall. I just miss the more exotic locale of Morrowind. I also wish I would have known enemies level up with you before I rocketed up to level 10 on alchemy and acrobatics alone. Didn't exactly make my character a badass in combat doing that lol. Saw my brother playing Fallout 3 on his Xbox the other day, it seemed combat was goofy. Very jerky with the zooming in and pausing all the time, totally breaks up the flow of the game it seemed. I know Oblivion is full of faults and bugs, but why did they change that? Oblivion's combat system is its greatest strength.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
They put in the VATS system (what you're referring to) to appease people who were pissed that the game wasn't going to be turn based. You don't have to use it, I played without basically ever using it and it's oblivion with guns if you don't. But if you were a big fan of fallout and fallout 2 you'll be massively disappointed with fallout 3, it's a pretty soulless game.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say it... Bethesda makes soulless games. (save Daggerfall, but that could be nostalgia talking).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
that and another quest for glory RIP SIERRA OF OLD
+1, I would love an update/remake of Hero's Quest.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (not expecting this to be great but it should provide some fun),

Ah I played this when it came out, with my fiancee who is a big gamer (though more World of warcraft) Quite cool on the wii.

I play COD Modern Warfare 2 on xbox live about an hour a day, having got back into gaming this summer.

Truth be told I'm massively addicted to COD now
worship.gif

Any SF'ers on the Euro servers at all? pm me and I'll send my gamertag for teh carnage
biggrin.gif

word

Reaction score
So after finishing the story of Starcraft 2 I went back and busted out my original SC1 CD and the BW CD.

Man...I didn't realize how much nostalgia played a part in me liking the original one so much. There's so much cheesyness to the first one as far as story and dialogue go it's almost difficult to stomach.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads