• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn look so good!!!!! fuuuck
I wonder if I should get the CE now and start from the beginning... anyone think price will drop below $99 at a later date?

word

Reaction score
Naw, you'll wanna play the new one right away. Read wiki or whatever to get yourself up to date with the SC/BW story.

Also, does anybody else think some of the new zerg music sounds very inspired by Hans Zimmers Joker theme?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yo I read that there are going to release later series in order to continue the campaign, or do I just spend $60 and have the whole game ready to play?

Any news about possible expansion similar to BW?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's being released in three installments, one for each race (and one year between each, but we'll see, it's Blizzard afterall).

The one being released this month is the Terran campaign with full multiplayer capabilities of course. And some goodies, the only ones really worth anything in game are the custom decals and the collectors Thor unit. Everything else is fluff.

SC2 has been tuned for pro e-sports, and you can feel it when you play. I played during both phases of the Beta (3v3 Diamond rank 2), and I won't be buying the retail version at release. The campaign won't be worth $60, and I won't have the time to dedicate to playing online.

Word of warning, if you got sucked in to SC1 and it took over your life, then get ready to have SC2 do it to you all over again.

word

Reaction score
The one coming out tuesday is the whole game. It is the terran campaign + multiplayer. The other 2 following releases are zerg and protoss campaigns and will probably be marketed as expansion packs. Dunno much else, I haven't been following the hype in order to avoid spoilers.

mickey711

Reaction score
Starcraft 2 looks awesome. It's been a while since I've played an RTS. I didn't get Tiberian Twilight because of the mixed reviews it received and my experience playing the last C&C (ugh), so I'm hoping SC2's going to live up to the hype.

I bought Splinter Cell Convictions last week, and although it's a rather short game - I finished it in a day or two - the gameplay's very enjoyable, similar to MGS' but more accessible. It was also a reminder that I have to upgrade my computer - the lagging that occurs in the more action-heavy sequences is nigh unbearable
ffffuuuu.gif

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
(3v3 Diamond rank 2)

rofl, sry Im not one of these stats-trolls usually, but that's nothing on the on the only map you could play.

SC2 is online in asia now btw, lurkers may come with the zerg campaign ..

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I am building a desktop from the ground up. As it will be used partly for video games I will post updates as I consider / acquire new components... Any input is appreciated.

Thought I was starting with an amd x4 965 black, but instead am leaning towards the 6 core.

Progress has been well documented in the General forum, but a quick update in here.

img00040201007251519.jpg
[/quote]

Trying to decide on GPU... 5770 with the possibility of a second one being added for crossfire, 5830, or 5850 in terms of bang for the buck.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just finished FFXIII. The graphics were great and some of the CG cutscenes were really sick when projected to 104". That said, the story didn't captivate me like FFVII did, which is my benchmark. The villian was very bland. I never really cared about the characters. Sazh, Snow and Hope were just annoying most of the time, especially sazh, whom I never used once after I could choose my own battle team. The opposite was true in 7, which had what was quite possibly the best villian in a video game, ever. When Sephiroth kills Aeris you're like omg you motherfucker! But you can't help liking the guy because he's such a badass. And the cutscene when he razes the entire village was pretty iconic. Nothing like that in 13.

I also found 13 a little too easy. There was only one really tough fight in the game, and that was barthandalus #2. The final series of fights were super easy, but maybe that was b/c I spent a few hours farming gil and upgrading all my weapons and finishing the crystarium, anticipating a bigger challenge at the end based on how tough Barthandalus was the second time you fought him.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't played this game, but it looks very cool:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is very cool. My "game of the year" so far and the best Xbox game I've played since Braid.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I didn't mind Braid but I felt the gameplay was a little lacking, the idea was fantastic and the art direction made it hard not to fall in love with, but it was more of a story than it was a game. I rarely got stuck in the levels and found the puzzles followed a sort of expected curvature of slowely gaining abilities, I think as far as gameplay is concerned it paled in comparison to say paper mario for Wii which always kept me guessing, had a fantastic physics engine that I could play with all day, and was somewhat difficult. I still enjoyed Braid, but not as much as I was expecting to, given the rave reviews.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I don't know, I didn't mind Braid but I felt the gameplay was a little lacking, the idea was fantastic and the art direction made it hard not to fall in love with, but it was more of a story than it was a game. I rarely got stuck in the levels and found the puzzles followed a sort of expected curvature of slowely gaining abilities, I think as far as gameplay is concerned it paled in comparison to say paper mario for Wii which always kept me guessing, had a fantastic physics engine that I could play with all day, and was somewhat difficult. I still enjoyed Braid, but not as much as I was expecting to, given the rave reviews.

Did you get all the puzzle pieces? I remember that beating the levels was easy, while collecting all the puzzle pieces was the game's real challenge.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am really enjoying TES Oblivion. Once I'm done with that, I look forward to trying Fallout 3.

Since they are dated, they both run great on my Geforce 9500 GT, 1 gig 128bit ddr2.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think you may find it kind of lame going straight from Oblivion to Fallout 3, but who knows. It kind of felt like an addon pack with a different story etc. to me. I tried starting another playthrough but couldn't get into it again... maybe I should sell it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads