Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Has anyone tried Limbo yet for Xbox 360. This is very good if you like puzzle type stuff.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Doubt I'll ever get my hands on it sadly. Used to want an xbox for games like Braid and Limbo but now the list of games I'm missing is down to two. Limbo and shadow complex. Not worth the 300 usd for just those sadly. Maybe it goes the way of Braid and comes to PSN?

Btw breaks crono are you guys playing persona? I started a new run thru on the PSP version and love it more than ever. Female main char is retardedly cute and the social links are mostly rewritten so it's good times.

I have Assassins Creed 1 and 2 as well as Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2 to play through and all I wanna do is play stupid JRPGs. Next on the list is Trinity Universe

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

no i'm not playing it yet. i need to pick it up off ebay or something. you said probably start with 2 right?

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Doubt I'll ever get my hands on it sadly. Used to want an xbox for games like Braid and Limbo but now the list of games I'm missing is down to two. Limbo and shadow complex. Not worth the 300 usd for just those sadly. Maybe it goes the way of Braid and comes to PSN?
    Shadow Complex is not a good game, I don't understand the praise. They copied Metroid's structure and gameplay to a T, but then tacked on some current-gen mechanics that only diminish the experience, such as dual-stick controls and some absolutely puzzling 2.5D environments. They also made a bunch of serious design mistakes that Nintendo knew not to make 15 years ago, like letting enemies shoot you from off screen. It's also funny that so much fuss was made about the story, because it's pretty bad even by video game standards. I finally beat 3D Dot Game Heroes (which I loved), I'm finally playing Mario Galaxy 2.

5. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

I found Fallout 3 to be lacking in replay value, and there's virtually no incentive to do the optional quests, since the game's fairly easy. Plus, traveling through a post-apocalyptic landscape intermittently strewn with enemies or the odd caravan merchant for hours on end gets boring and depressing rather quickly. Still, it's a very engaging game, and I played for 40 or so hours before getting bored of it. I just found out that Max Payne 3's release date has been pushed back to 2011 [​IMG] TBA[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Shadow Complex is not a good game, I don't understand the praise. They copied Metroid's structure and gameplay to a T, but then tacked on some current-gen mechanics that only diminish the experience, such as dual-stick controls and some absolutely puzzling 2.5D environments. They also made a bunch of serious design mistakes that Nintendo knew not to make 15 years ago, like letting enemies shoot you from off screen. It's also funny that so much fuss was made about the story, because it's pretty bad even by video game standards.

I finally beat 3D Dot Game Heroes (which I loved), I'm finally playing Mario Galaxy 2.

I see. Since I haven't played it, I was relying on reviewers for info. Seems like another instance where they give games that are hard to hate (especially HD rehashes of well done games) retardedly inflated scores.

7. breakz

breakz Senior member

Btw breaks crono are you guys playing persona? I started a new run thru on the PSP version and love it more than ever. Female main char is retardedly cute and the social links are mostly rewritten so it's good times.

Ugh, I traded my PS3 for a 360 and I'm missing all the great artsy games on PSN now. Hopefully Reach will keep me happy in a few weeks. Is there ANYTHING on 360 that comes close to the avant-garde stuff on PS3?

No Persona 3 yet, but I got my hands on a PS2. I'm actually finishing my FF12 playthrough from, like, two years ago, but once that's done I'll get P3.

8. Althis

Althis Senior member

picked up battlefield bad company 2, i have to keep it on low settings because of my radeon 5750 =(

day 2, have gotten up to rank 7 and am kicking ass

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

10. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

picked up battlefield bad company 2, i have to keep it on low settings because of my radeon 5750 =(

day 2, have gotten up to rank 7 and am kicking ass

Sucks, the rate of computer advancement is really both a blessing and a curse.

Speaking of which (kind of), this is partly the reason why I am selling certain things *cough* ..see signature.. *cough*.

11. Marslyr

Marslyr Active Member

Plants vs. Zombies anyone? [​IMG]

12. Althis

Althis Senior member

up to rank 10 now lol, i've unlocked all the recon weapons and some of engineer, went 13-1 one map which was pretty awesome, i usually average a 1.4 kdr

in the desktop building thread i discovered that it's not really my video card but my shitty cpu and moboard so i ordered new ones and it should bring my system up to modern standards

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Just finished the Starcraft 2 campaign. What a shitty ending. It should just pop up a screen that says "stay tuned to find out what happens next in the expansion pack. Coming 2012."

14. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Plants vs. Zombies anyone? [​IMG]
    Sure, on the iPad. I hate the night levels :-/

I'm also sad that the Michael Jackson zombie got patched out.

15. breakz

breakz Senior member

I'm also sad that the Michael Jackson zombie got patched out.

Haven't downloaded that patch yet, just so I can still see him break it down. [​IMG]