Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. word

word Senior member

Just finished the Starcraft 2 campaign. What a shitty ending. It should just pop up a screen that says "stay tuned to find out what happens next in the expansion pack. Coming 2012."

Uh, did you not know that was going to happen?

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Uh, did you not know that was going to happen?
    Well it was fairly obvious what the outcome would be but it was so damn short and didn't elaborate on any of the other plot points. A real let down.

3. canadafaf

canadafaf Member

Well it was fairly obvious what the outcome would be but it was so damn short and didn't elaborate on any of the other plot points. A real let down.

They said they were only focusing on the Terran story, and they didn't want to waste one game on all three because of the ability to go in-depth

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

They said they were only focusing on the Terran story, and they didn't want to waste one game on all three because of the ability to go in-depth
    If you had followed that up by saying the expansion would be out in three months I'd say it was ok. Otherwise, if they stick to their slow ass expansion schedule, then its [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. breakz

breakz Senior member

If you had followed that up by saying the expansion would be out in three months I'd say it was ok. Otherwise, if they stick to their slow ass expansion schedule, then its [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now you know how Half-Life 2 fans feel. We've been waiting for a conclusion for 6 years. [​IMG]

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I just want blizz to drop some diablo 3 info my way... I am withholding a computer purchase until I get some spec info.

7. Althis

Althis Senior member

the specs shouldn't be too high compared other recent games like modern warfare and bad company etc

8. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

probably, but I need confirmation from my lord and creator [​IMG]

9. Althis

Althis Senior member

our lord and creator has been failing us, no new updates in like a year

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

They're just waiting for the SC2 balloon to deflate a little before they throw more D3 our way.

11. canadafaf

canadafaf Member

Now you know how Half-Life 2 fans feel. We've been waiting for a conclusion for 6 years. [​IMG]

This.

I'm excited for Portal 2 though.

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

To hell with Portal 2, need Half-Life 3.

13. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

14. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

Notes from Quakecon 2010: 1. Splash Damage's Brink is brilliant. Think TF2 combined with Borderlands' setting, APB's character customization, and Mirror's Edge's parkour movement along with a character system where each class is completely interdependent 2. Fallout 3: New Vegas feels exactly like Fallout 3, but with all of Obsidian's hallmarks: reputation systems, infamy, etc. 3. John Carmack operates on a different planar level than us normal folk (he has Rage running on the iPhone at 60 fps, admitted he's reading the C code of Unix version 6 for fun) 4. Harvey Smith (lead level designer of Deus Ex, Thief: Deadly Shadows) stole the show for us level designers, but we already knew he'd do that. 5. Video game journalists are not journalists, nor should they ever be moderators 6. I will murder the next person who asks a developer either a) "When are you going to release such and such game" or b) "Can you give me a job?"
    Anyone here plays mud and blood 2 ? http://www.urbanprophet.com/mudandbloodz.html
    I love that game, it's broken in a brilliant way. Unfortunately, I lost my hard earned rank after a hard drive wipe [​IMG]

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

lol. i'm really slow with video games now. still playing ffxiii. I actually started to enjoy it starting with ch 5. I'm on 9 now. Still haven't bothered with the upgrading weapons thing which i've read about and kinda find annoying. Will probably wait a bit more and look up a guide for it because i don't care and just want to upgrade one weapon from each person enough and then not worry about it. I'm not gonna farm and hunt for ultimate shit