• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

concerts

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best recent show for me was Jakob Dylan and Neko Case. Christ, she has a serious set of pipes. And is so hot.

Would love to catch Levon Helm Band and CSN this summer.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Just got tickets for Band of Horses in October.
They put on a good live show
Originally Posted by Magician
BSS kind of sucks live.
Blasphemy. I enjoyed seeing them this spring, and Lisa Lobsinger
inlove.gif
. Probably won't be going when they come back next month though, no money for it.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tickets to Vampire Weekend here in Boston in a couple of weeks. Then in October we have tickets to see the Avett Bros. That is about it for me.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lollapalooza starting tomorrow...
Can't decide what I want to do saturday night....Green Day or Phoenix. Green Day's set is longer so I could split the time but based on their recent setlists, the beginning of their set is not what I want to see. Phoenix only has one album worth of material and I pretty much know how they are going to roll.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sharon Jones & The dDap Kings this Sat in Prospect Pk-Brooklyn!
Free show.....

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BSS kind of sucks live.

Let's see - I keep missing all the good name bands (so blown about Silver Mt. Zion, heard it was incredible) but have been going to really good local and DIY Baltimore shows. Tomorrow night my friend's bands Pansori and Harwood are playing this warehouse space.

No way. They were fantastic at Lolla two years ago, Kevin is a really underrated vocalist and the whole band locks in real tight and has a great time.

Saw St. Vincent at Central Park the other day. Missed Basia Bulat (
frown.gif
) but caught Tuneyards who I had never heard before and was blown away by her voice. Chick sings like an African man, totally nuts. The crowd was really terrible though, no energy at all and the sound guys couldn't get their together when St. Vincent came on, took about four songs and a bunch of yelling from agitated crowd members to figure out the bass was too loud and Annie wasn't audible.
facepalm.gif
She is always fantastic though, her voice was perfect and she's so pretty and stylish. Good performer, great back-up band.

Leaving for Lollapalooza tomorrow morning. Will be front row screaming my lungs out for Gaga. lol

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
lollapalooza starting tomorrow...
Can't decide what I want to do saturday night....Green Day or Phoenix. Green Day's set is longer so I could split the time but based on their recent setlists, the beginning of their set is not what I want to see. Phoenix only has one album worth of material and I pretty much know how they are going to roll.

facepalm.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
facepalm.gif

I am well aware that they have much more material.

What I meant is that if you look at their setlists from recent US shows, they are pandering to audiences that want to hear them play Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix straight through.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I am well aware that they have much more material.

What I meant is that if you look at their setlists from recent US shows, they are pandering to audiences that want to hear them play Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix straight through.

Oh, I see.
blush.gif

Although, that is really just a different
facepalm.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
I have tickets to Vampire Weekend here in Boston in a couple of weeks. Then in October we have tickets to see the Avett Bros. That is about it for me.
Approve of both these choices
Originally Posted by otc
lollapalooza starting tomorrow... Can't decide what I want to do saturday night....Green Day or Phoenix. Green Day's set is longer so I could split the time but based on their recent setlists, the beginning of their set is not what I want to see. Phoenix only has one album worth of material and I pretty much know how they are going to roll.
Phoenix seems like they'd put on a really great live performance. Seen a few recordings and they looked/sounded good
BSS kind of sucks live.
Breaking a string and continuing to play while holding the broken end of the string in the other hand is both amusing and a sign of true showmanship

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
James Cotton is coming to town for a blues fest so I may go to see that. Marshall Tucker Band and Molly Hatchet too! (hello 1970s)

Jeez, last time I saw Marshall Tucker was a package oldies show a couple of years back, and ol' Marshall was drunk or stoned out of his tiny mind. Not sure which. Actually, a good bit of the audience was also drunk or stoned or both.

phildo

Reaction score
I saw cold cave a couple of months ago and they were really good, but only played for like half an hour
frown.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
I saw cold cave a couple of months ago and they were really good, but only played for like half an hour
frown.gif

Ha, same here. You weren't in DC were you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads