concerts

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by thekunk07, Jul 26, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

going to see the national this thursday. I am sure conne will be attending a concert with the dead body of maynard ferguson but anyone else have any shows coming up?

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

going to see the national this thursday. I am sure conne will be attending a concert with the dead body of maynard ferguson but anyone else have any shows coming up?

I hear U2 puts on a good show.

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

James Cotton is coming to town for a blues fest so I may go to see that. Marshall Tucker Band and Molly Hatchet too! (hello 1970s)

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I hear U2 puts on a good show.
    The best. I follow them when they get to the northeast. Seen them over 15x. The Vertigo tour - I had GA seats 2 nights in a row. Got to MSG at 11am, waited until 8 to get in, saw the show, out at 12am, went back on the GA line and camped out until the next night. Just awesome. That was November too. The show at MSG just after 9/11 where Bono brought the NYFD on stage for out of control I was 2 deep in the GA pit. I brought a giant American flag, the NYFD guy grabbed it out of my hands and wrapped it around Bonos back - he sung the whole song with my flag on his back. 30k people weeping, it was insane, just 6 weeks after 9/11 - I get the goose bumps still thinking about it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. cmc

cmc Member

The National are great live, way more high energy than I would have thought

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

Dude tagut was kidding. U2 sucks monkey ballz
    The best. I follow them when they get to the northeast. Seen them over 15x.

The Vertigo tour - I had GA seats 2 nights in a row. Got to MSG at 11am, waited until 8 to get in, saw the show, out at 12am, went back on the GA line and camped out until the next night. Just awesome. That was November too.

The show at MSG just after 9/11 where Bono brought the NYFD on stage for out of control I was 2 deep in the GA pit. I brought a giant American flag, the NYFD guy grabbed it out of my hands and wrapped it around Bonos back - he sung the whole song with my flag on his back. 30k people weeping, it was insane, just 6 weeks after 9/11 - I get the goose bumps still thinking about it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I miss a lot of shows(Spoon this past weekend), but am hoping to come back into Omaha for the Black Keys in September.

9. track309

track309 Senior member

Just got my tix in the mail for The National today

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

The National are great live, way more high energy than I would have thought
    This. Though his fist-clapping tick is a bit strange. I believe Berninger was the only person at this year's Sasquatch to go out into the crowd. I. Touched. Him. [​IMG] (nohomo) They come back in September but I'm probably going to be out of town when they come. Vampire Weekend return at the end of August as well (not everyone's cup of tea, but they put on a very energetic performance and are quite easy to dance to). The XX and Broken Social Scene all come back in September/October too, would love to see them again

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dude tagut was kidding. U2 sucks monkey ballz

Strongly disagree.

12. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

Just saw Cap'n Jazz reunion on Sunday, it was a show of a lifetime:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Snagged a setlist too [​IMG]

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm seeing Tom Petty in a couple weeks. Should be a good show.

I found out today that Hank III/Assjack will be in Atlanta soon, and I think that would be a fun show. Unfortunately, it's on a Thursday night, and I'm not feeling taking the Friday off or dealing with an hour-each-way drive on a night where I have work the next morning, so I won't be going.

Strongly disagree.

Your story was really cool, and I mean that sincerely. However, Kunk is right - U2 blows.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

saw social distortion last night

15. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Concerts are overrated.