1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

concerts

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by thekunk07, Jul 26, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I have tickets to Vampire Weekend here in Boston in a couple of weeks. Then in October we have tickets to see the Avett Bros. That is about it for me.
    Approve of both these choices
    lollapalooza starting tomorrow... Can't decide what I want to do saturday night....Green Day or Phoenix. Green Day's set is longer so I could split the time but based on their recent setlists, the beginning of their set is not what I want to see. Phoenix only has one album worth of material and I pretty much know how they are going to roll.
    Phoenix seems like they'd put on a really great live performance. Seen a few recordings and they looked/sounded good
    BSS kind of sucks live.
    Breaking a string and continuing to play while holding the broken end of the string in the other hand is both amusing and a sign of true showmanship

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

James Cotton is coming to town for a blues fest so I may go to see that. Marshall Tucker Band and Molly Hatchet too! (hello 1970s)

Jeez, last time I saw Marshall Tucker was a package oldies show a couple of years back, and ol' Marshall was drunk or stoned out of his tiny mind. Not sure which. Actually, a good bit of the audience was also drunk or stoned or both.

3. phildo

phildo Senior member

I saw cold cave a couple of months ago and they were really good, but only played for like half an hour [​IMG]

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I saw cold cave a couple of months ago and they were really good, but only played for like half an hour [​IMG]
    Ha, same here. You weren't in DC were you?

5. phildo

phildo Senior member

nah this was in toronto in june for NXNE

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Keane tomorrow in Brooklyn!

7. milosz

milosz Senior member

Patton Oswalt - October
    Louis CK - November
    Best Coast - November
    maybe Built to Spill next week (I dunno, never a huge fan but it could be funny to watch a bunch of 40-year old indie-rockers relive their youth)

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, i saw built to spill playing a block from my apt the end of september. Would be funny to see them and pavement within 10 days of eachother lol

Also considering putting on my best hipster clothes and seeing the drums only because it's at the same place like right across the st from me. Avett bros would be cool but i'm not as big a fan of their new album which i'm sure they're going to play most songs from. Like, i'd see of montreal if they were playing all their pre-satanic panic stuff but i looked up setlists from their current tour and it seems like i'd be wasting my time

It is cool with all the setlist websites out there. Nice for when you don't like the entire catalog of a certain artist and want to see if you want to go to the show

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Anyone know if Sufjan tickets are totally sold out? Would probably see him in Baltimore or Philly...

Definitely seeing Baths at The Black Cat and Dirty Projectors at 9:30 in September. Maybe Circa Survive in October? Need to check that again...

10. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Definitely going to Nachtmystium and Zoroaster at Sonar in September.

11. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

i saw zoroaster at the end of july with the reed/mike/woody line up of corrosion of conformity......couldn't really enjoy them as i spent most of the time seeking out fresh air in the club.

12. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

We recently saw Neil Young and Will Oldham, and are seeing Ryuichi Sakamoto in October. Also saw a local artist named Barton Carroll last night.

13. toothsomesound

Damn, need to see Sakamoto.

14. fffffut

fffffut Senior member

capn jazz on the 28th
    i really need to get a ticket
    im gonna feel like a fucker if i miss this

15. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

capn jazz on the 28th
    i really need to get a ticket
    im gonna feel like a fucker if i miss this

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...3&postcount=12

You can see the other clips on that youtube account as well. Pony up for a ticket on cragslist, shouldn't be too hard to find one for a reasonable price, worth every penny.

16. fffffut

fffffut Senior member

oh my goooooood mi ami in october

17. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

i only saw two shows this summer

local h- they played the entire as good as dead album. so badass.

warren g- kinda lolzy

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

the National show was fucking amazing and so was the opening act, owen pallette.

19. toothsomesound

How many times have you seen them dude? I saw them for the first time at Lolla this summer and it was epic, would do again in a better venue for sure.

20. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this was the 4th time