• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must-have items for your fall / winter 2010?

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
do you have a close-up picture of the LL Etna fabric you could post?

I happen to have two:

llcasetna-1.jpg

llcasetna-2.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The main thing I intend to get is a pair of mid-grey flannel trousers. I've been after a pair for ages, but never found exactly what I want. I'm hoping Ed's Panta range will fill this wardrobe gap. We'll see.

The other thing I always keep a look out for is either a slim black Chelsea or slim black penny loafer. I know EG does very nice versions of these, but I'm not really wanting to pay EG prices right now, so will keep an eye out for alternatives.

Apart from those items, I can't think of too much else I'm looking for right now. Maybe a few tattersal shirts, if I get round to it.

RJE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Dege & Skinner shirts made from Simonnot-Godard chambray.

Bespoke corduroy suits, maker TBA.

Cleverley bespoke shoes.

- B

Not 'spectacular new dressing suite, which I've been planning and harassing builders about for years' ?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Not 'spectacular new dressing suite, which I've been planning and harassing builders about for years' ?

I am actually having a new dressing room outfitted in the next few months in our master suite floor so that my wife and I can each have our own dressing rooms. For mine, the floor plan is U-shaped, with a bank of windows at the center of the U, and also a skylight in the center. There will be walk in closets on either side. I think that nearly all my clothes and shoes will fit.

The room is currently a double study, but I am moving the study and the library to the first floor.

It's fun.

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am actually having a new dressing room outfitted in the next few months in our master suite floor so that my wife and I can each have our own dressing rooms. For mine, the floor plan is U-shaped, with a bank of windows at the center of the U, and also a skylight in the center. There will be walk in closets on either side. I think that nearly all my clothes and shoes will fit. The room is currently a double study, but I am moving the study and the library to the first floor. It's fun. - B
You want to get mirrors on all the walls, ceiling and floor, so you can catch a glance of yourself from every angle as you disrobe/dress Just a glance mind.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
You want to get mirrors on all the walls, ceiling and floor, so you can catch a glance of yourself from every angle as you disrobe/dress

Just a glance mind.

Do you think that I should put in a urinal or two for WAYWRN photographs?

I feel that the lack of porcelain in my photos undercuts my street cred.

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think that I should put in a urinal or two for WAYWRN photographs? I feel that the lack of porcelain in my photos undercuts my street cred. - B
Yeah, go for it. May I also suggest fluorescent strip lighting to help create the correct ambience.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
medium gray wool serge Polo trousers, and these two jackets (one a take on a waxed cotton jacket, the other a black nylon/ waterproof with leather trim and removable liners/ inner collar)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stuff I'm already having made up:

Winter Shepherds Check SC
Heavy Grey Herringbone Tweed SC
Brown Plaid SC
Light-Mid Grey Nailhead Trousers
Very Light Brown Flannel/Cashmere Trousers
Mid Grey Trousers
White, Blue, Lilac Shirts

Think I'm going to add a pair of brown moleskin Trousers and a Brown Shep Check SC to that

I really would like a new pair of brown wingtips, but the shoe hasn't hit me yet, still not sure on what i want, and with all the $$ tied up with the above, it may have to wait until the year's end.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe a sweet pair of C&J via pediwear ? The drummond gets my vote!

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/1864.php

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Stuff I'm already having made up:

Winter Shepherds Check SC
Heavy Grey Herringbone Tweed SC
Brown Plaid SC
Light-Mid Grey Nailhead Trousers
Very Light Brown Flannel/Cashmere Trousers
Mid Grey Trousers
White, Blue, Lilac Shirts

Think I'm going to add a pair of brown moleskin Trousers and a Brown Shep Check SC to that

I really would like a new pair of brown wingtips, but the shoe hasn't hit me yet, still not sure on what i want, and with all the $$ tied up with the above, it may have to wait until the year's end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads