• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must-have items for your fall / winter 2010?

CashmereLover

Reaction score
I need some slim (Borrelli/Incotex slim) wool/flanel pants for winter. Grey, navy or maybe brown. They need some pattern as well. Should be casual enough to use with a nice cashmere cable sweater, and dressy enough to use with a sport coat.

Actually, these Ralph Lauren Colony pants meet my needs - except - I believe they are not slim anywhere:

http://cgi.ebay.com/350-NWT-Polo-Ral...S_CSA_MC_Pants

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLO-RALPH-LAURE...S_CSA_MC_Pants

Any ideas where to find something similar but slim? (preferably American, British or Italian)

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
I need some slim (Borrelli/Incotex slim) wool/flanel pants for winter. Grey, navy or maybe brown. They need some pattern as well. Should be casual enough to use with a nice cashmere cable sweater, and dressy enough to use with a sport coat.

Actually, these Ralph Lauren Colony pants meet my needs - except - I believe they are not slim anywhere:

http://cgi.ebay.com/350-NWT-Polo-Ral...S_CSA_MC_Pants

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLO-RALPH-LAURE...S_CSA_MC_Pants

Any ideas where to find something similar but slim? (preferably American, British or Italian)

confused.gif

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
confused.gif

...you share my question? I ended up finding an awesome pair of Polo Ralph Lauren pants on Yoox. Not very cheap, but at least those pants are superb.

Mariooo

Reaction score
grey pea-coat umbrella brown leather gloves hat wool cardigan wool tie grey flannel trousers I hope that's all
laugh.gif

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tristan.sf
I need a lot of different items, but the most essential are:

Sterlingwear Classic peacoat (in navy)
Dark brown Chelsea boots
Gray flannels (slim)
Navy sport coat

What happened to Chelsea boots? Seems like people totally forgot about them on the forum. I think they're a great pair to add to a collection. Much better than people buying their 14th pair of brown wingtips.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I ask you: no bottles of whiskey as the OP mentioned?

EZ

Tristan.sf

Reaction score
I think they look very nice; they're a bit expensive for when you're only sixteen and with only a side job, but I want to get some eventually, as the only boots I have at the moment are a pair of Macalister desert boots. And I only have one pair of brogues so far.
Originally Posted by chasingred
What happened to Chelsea boots? Seems like people totally forgot about them on the forum. I think they're a great pair to add to a collection. Much better than people buying their 14th pair of brown wingtips.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads