• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A&S

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
The snug fit, wide lapels, roped shoulder, curved pockets and waisted silhouette - all of which emphasize the subtle beauty of the male form (no ****?) - are why I think a Sciamat garment is a sexy garment. I've made this abundantly clear.
None of these things indicate the quality of craftsmanship or construction. That they are sexy to you is a separate issue.
On the other hand, Foof is the one who alluded to the fact that he has old man style (in his Best Dressed Man post). How can it be criticism if it's a look he's spent tens of thousands of dollars to attain and perfect? Isn't it something, then, that should be celebrated?
You're right, I have alluded to dressing like an old man. I don't have a problem with you alluding to the same. However, you have dismissed opinions and preferences on the basis that they seem "old man" to you. Be fair: you do not mean it in a positive way. And that's fine. But I think that makes what you mean by "sexy" and "old man" fair to challenge and discuss.
They see drama where none exists, they read too much into compliments, they obsess and - sometimes - they just pick fights for their own entertainment (or out of boredom...or who knows why? They're women. Who really understands them?) On them, it's endearing. On Foof, it's tragic.
Dude, you're the one who keeps posting Sciamat pictures as exemplars of good tailoring! I seriously question it once, and this is what happens. Who's the one looking for drama?
The thing I find most comical is that, if you comb back through my posts, I have had nothing but nice things to say about Foof (and anyone else).
If I've misread you, I'm happy to admit that and apologize for any hostility on my part. But I don't think questioning your admiration for Sciamat is out of line in any case.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
No Bull, don't DOOOOOOOIIIITTT!

Oops, too late, another one took the bait . . .

Here's a little fable for y'all - you guys ever listen to a chick talk about being anally raped, **** me "straight" and thought to yourself, "Boy, she should really get herself some . . ."

Less talk = more fwock.

- M

Good God, man - I don't even know what this means! But Foof's last comment seems like a half-hearted, masked attempt at conciliation, and I've had enough with internets dramatics. Therefore, I will extend my hand, grasp his olive branch (no ****?), and be done with it. I will now revert to doing what I do best: posting pics of tail. Speaking of which, is Irina Sheik perfect? Or something close to perfect? I think that - at a minimum - this topic warrants discussion...

Irina_Sheik_821340a.jpg

08_irina-shayk_12.jpg

irina-sheik-lingerie_11042008_msp1.jpg

Irina_Sheik_821383a.jpg

irina-sheik9.jpg

ee73TLZdFQTufZNvZ1gA

Irina_Sheik_745564a.jpg

Irina_Sheik_806843a.jpg

To quote Voxy, "Oooops..."

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good God, "Oooops..."

I see that balance has been restored.

Carry on.

- M

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Finally, a post with real content.

Atta boy, Will
wink.gif

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I appreciate your brilliance
worship.gif

I am appreciating yours also!
worship.gif
I have see one time when I flight in America film Scent of Woman, character name Kernel Franck Slade (was man of military) speak, "East meet West, we build bridge!"
inlove.gif

tailorgod

Reaction score
I don't have Foo's foofing skills, but still!
I corrected the run of the stripes to match them with international tailoring standards.
teacha.gif

As it turns out, the waist suppression is at a minimum in the front(s):

Manton_AS_balance.jpg

The massive problem now is the collar being half a mile away from the neck (which can not be corrected easily, if at all, since they have shortened the lapel fold to the maximum).
You can also see that the shape of the front edge is mirrored in the patch pocket. And, of course, that the quarters are not "open" at all!

I'm getting more and more confused by the changing excuses of the drapists (which is likely a side effect of certain professions) but my point of view is:

If there is no drape in it it's not a drape coat!

This does of course not mean that there isn't additional width which allows you to move your arms freely, which is also facilitated by the forward pitch of the sleeves.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tailorgod
but my point of view is: If there is no drape in it it's not a drape coat! This does of course not mean that there isn't additional width which allows you to move your arms freely, which is also facilitated by the forward pitch of the sleeves.
Manton's coat clearly has drape.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'm getting more and more confused by the changing excuses of the drapists (which is likely a side effect of certain professions) but my point of view is:
Thanks for yet another personal insult. The assholery that this topic arouses is astounding.

See those "dents" on either side of the chest near the scye? That's drape. I love the sophistry about there is "additional width" but not "drape." That's what drape is.

If you are the great "tailor god" you think you are, wouldn't you know that?

LaoHu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
I've just noticed this thread. Did I miss anything?

Another display of
foo.gif
's remarkable Photoshop skills and a swell pic of Dita von Teese.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
God, I can't believe I spent an hour reading through this crap
frown.gif

Oh, no no, this has been a mere dalliance. The black suit thread, that one can take an entire night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads