• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandisland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Should've been casual but had a court hearing and had to dress conservatively Friday:

272c2ed4.jpg

Nice. what shoes? They look like the bostonian 'marco' that I've been eyeing, but nicer detailing...

D Yizz

Reaction score
Mezlan Orbisons. Caught the last pair at Zappos a few months ago. The reviews stated that they fit "big" and recommended to wear them half size smaller. I usually wear 8 if the shoe is only available in whole sizes or 8.5 otherwise. I ordered 8 because there were no 8.5s left. When I got them they were tight as hell and the front of my small toes touched the leather on the sides. I had to stretch them a bit. Now they fit well. I guess it is a matter of how narrow they are in the toe cap area and not being as elongated as my other shoes. Reminds me of why I refused to wear anything other than big rounded working boot toed shoes in my youth.....
laugh.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Cheers. You're going very casual today.

Yeah I just need a jeans day from time to time
smile.gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bentley
Looks great...I like the shoes.

Originally Posted by musicguy
Not a fan of the shoes (looks to be corrected grain leather), but the suit is interesting. Who made it?

Guys - lets be real here. The suit is not great. The shoulders clearly need work. How can people become better when you dont give them accurate feedback.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

20100625_buttoned.jpg

Originally Posted by chorse123
It's been months since I posted in here. Too busy! This isn't today, but recent enough. From last Tuesday, Pitti bound.

2010_06_15_1.jpg

hats off to both of you. [borat voice] very nice. [/borat voice]

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Watch the road, moron.
84936073.jpg

i like the play on greens ... how is the weather in the northern country today? might be making a summer trip up there in August. SF mini meet up maybe?

Originally Posted by Mr.K
Wearing the seersucker to beat the heat.
DSC03152.jpg

very nice deets. everything fits well and comes together nicely.

Originally Posted by IBJanky
Hitting up the local Long Beach bars, messing around with some color, and some new stuff (DB navy blazer, burgundy pants, and C&J Lowndes kicks):

IMG_0105.jpg

- very sharp Myke. the jacket fits great ... shows what tailoring can do.
- how much wear have you put on the Lowndes. i dont know if it is the picture but they look fairly worn, and i thought you just recently got them.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bentley
Looks great...I like the shoes.

Thanks. This morning they looked a lot better, but I always manage to get them all scuffed.

Originally Posted by musicguy
Not a fan of the shoes (looks to be corrected grain leather), but the suit is interesting. Who made it?

Yeah, I also think they're corrected grain. I have polished and shined only once and they looked great. Maybe after a while they'll develop a nice patina. Anyway, they look 200 times better than what everyone else was wearing at court today, (even my boss...shhhh!!!)

The suit is from Zara, the only OTR suits that I can find over here and fit me well with minimal alterations. Granted they produce some crappy things, but over time I've acquired quite a few quality items from them. BTW, I'm planning to use this suit as a model for a couple MTM's I'll have made in the next few months.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
- very sharp Myke. the jacket fits great ... shows what tailoring can do.
- how much wear have you put on the Lowndes. i dont know if it is the picture but they look fairly worn, and i thought you just recently got them.

Thanks!

That's just the camera playing tricks. They're new and it was my first time wearing them.

myke

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great anyway
smile.gif

Thanks. Hope you're not too disappointed.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by chorse123
It's been months since I posted in here. Too busy! This isn't today, but recent enough. From last Tuesday, Pitti bound.

2010_06_15_1.jpg

Great to see a fit from you again - very dapper.

2089b9b6.jpg

The suit is from Zara, the only OTR suits that I can find over here and fit me well with minimal alterations. Granted they produce some crappy things, but over time I've acquired quite a few quality items from them. BTW, I'm planning to use this suit as a model for a couple MTM's I'll have made in the next few months.

If you are seriously planning to use this suit as a model, you should pay attention to Nii's commentary above. While the fit in the body looks fine as far as I can see, the shoulders are not good - mainly because they seem to extend too far beyond your own. Done properly, MTM should provide an opportunity to solve problems like this - but this will only work if you're aware of the deficiencies in your current RTW.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Guys - lets be real here. The suit is not great. The shoulders clearly need work. How can people become better when you dont give them accurate feedback.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
If you are seriously planning to use this suit as a model, you should pay attention to Nii's commentary above. While the fit in the body looks fine as far as I can see, the shoulders are not good - mainly because they seem to extend too far beyond your own. Done properly, MTM should provide an opportunity to solve problems like this - but this will only work if you're aware of the deficiencies in your current RTW.
Thanks for the observations. I had also noticed the shoulder problems. I notice this jacket has more padding than others I own or the same as others that fit a bit roomier. Don't know if it has something to do with it, or with the fact that it otherwise is slimmer all around.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM View Post
Spent Tuesday with Mark and Alan:
What are you having made?

Mark has been mentoring me for the last two months, he and Alan invited me to spend a day there. I was there about 5 hours and saw how everything works. I did get something out of it but I can't post about it yet. Within the next week or two the news will get out.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Taken at the Pitti, courtesy of http://www.designcatwalk.com
Please ignore the aweful close up...

Nice example of how to wear a light tie, and very nice overall look.
hats off to both of you. [borat voice] very nice. [/borat voice]
Cheers!
Thanks for the observations. I had also noticed the shoulder problems. I notice this jacket has more padding than others I own or the same as others that fit a bit roomier. Don't know if it has something to do with it, or with the fact that it otherwise is slimmer all around.
It's not the slimness just the way the shoulders are cut. I like stronger shoulders more than most SF members, but these aren't well done (or at least don't suit your frame).
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Mark has been mentoring me for the last two months, he and Alan invited me to spend a day there. I was there about 5 hours and saw how everything works. I did get something out of it but I can't post about it yet. Within the next week or two the news will get out.

Mysterious - looking forward to more details...

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I confess that I was thinking the same thing, but since I don't know what the gentleman's actual shoulders look like, I was afraid of commenting on his suit's shoulders. I've recently seen a couple of guys in other threads whose shoulders are so high and so narrow that I'm not sure any suit could flatter them. If that's the case, I don't want to be the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads