• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
The toebox looks stumpy, like Vans...
Thought the same thing till I saw em in person. Its still chunkier than most, but it is in essence a skate shoe and for $60 you can't go wrong.
06182010022.jpg
06182010023.jpg

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not bad. I just don't seem to like Vans very much. I think I could tell it was a Vans product without knowing.

I still like those Sawa's. Their webstore isn't up yet, though.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Thought the same thing till I saw em in person. Its still chunkier than most, but it is in essence a skate shoe and for $60 you can't go wrong.

06182010022.jpg

06182010023.jpg

Side silhouette looks like Dior Homme's less desirable offerings. I agree It is probably decent for the price, but nothing spectacular.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
I'm kinda confused. I thought Sperrys run large which is why most people size down and you got a 43.5 (which is like a US9.5)? So the GATs run super large?

They're made by adidas and puma so go with your size in that (especially if you have sambas). I bought a 280 (which is what size a samba in 10US is). I'll let you know when I get them.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Do we get styleforum points for getting in on things ahead of time? Can i exchange this for prizes like pier 1 outlet shopping with shoreman or exotic animal hunting with kitonbrioni?

also, where do ceepees fit in? they used to technically be non-baller by today's price standards or were $200sneakers in 06 the same as $350 sneakers in 10?

You can shop with me anytime, hon, but I take exception to your pier 1 jibe. Room and Board is where it's at.

I actually looked through my e-mail history to see when I bought GATs, and it was really 2006. I've worn them probably a dozen times. #toofatforcpsandgats

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
They're made by adidas and puma so go with your size in that (especially if you have sambas). I bought a 280 (which is what size a samba in 10US is). I'll let you know when I get them.

I thought the GATs were just military surplus?

Btw, I saw your sig. If you want, I think I will be making a trip to Uniqlo either next week or the week after that. If they still have vintage chinos, I could proxy you a pair.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
#toofatforcpsandgats
have you considered crecs?

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Any love for Supras?
Fall 2010
supra-society-fall-2010-sneakers-1.jpg
supra-skytop-2-fall-2010-1.jpg

Supra-Fall-2010-Thunder-Low-001.jpg
Supra-Fall-2010-Thunder-001.jpg

supra-the-cuban-fall-2010-1.jpg
supra-dixon-fall-2010-1.jpg

Supra-Pilot.jpg
supra-skytop-fall-2010-front.jpg

Supra-Bandit-Fall-2010-001.jpg
Supra-The-Stacks-A-Detailed-Look-01.jpg

Can please anyone post the names of these styles; I only recently learned about these and I really like 2-3 of the above posted styles.

Thanks in advance

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-b:
The Society
The Skytop II
The Thunder (low)
The Thunder (high)
Cuban
Dixon
Pilot?
Skytop
Bandit
The Stacks?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
opinions on these? Looking for an alternative to Cp achilles mids as no where has my size in stock. dislike the eyelets, but whatever can't be perfect.
GRAM-MZ25_V1.jpg
GRAM-MZ25_V4.jpg

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
achilles mids, look at my post. In the fact that are simple yes they do. Im basically just look for a simple white leather mid to high cut sneaker.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They remind me more of the 420g shoes:
gram-420g-white-leather-ss-2009.jpg
EDIT: Duh. they're Grams, too. No wonder. :p I hated the way those fit, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads