• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I have a hard time believing those low-level street thugs were Gus' "trusted" associates. Let alone the fact that he brought them to his HQ. Just something about the whole setup.

I think the statement about "trusted employees" refers more to the fact that they haven't screwed him and they do what they're told. They probably don't have any real authority or any means of hurting Gus. As for his HQ, it looks like it's just a rendezvous point, and I'm sure Gus is smart enough to have several of those.

The slow, once a season, episodes with Walt and Jesse in a single room are painful to watch.
Eh...I still liked it.

I'm so glad those twins are out of the picture. Every scene they were in was overly-dramatic and obnoxious, not to mention their suit fits left much to be desired.
It was slow, but I liked the menace they brought to the show. Now, I couldn't take two seasons' worth of that, but the amount they were on was just about right for me.

Originally Posted by David Watts
PS - I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but, judging from next week's preview, and of course the actions of Sunday's show... Heisenberg is back!!!

Yes, I noticed that! I wonder what Walt is going to pull...there's obviously more than just his telling Gus to shove it. Fake his own death? Kill Gus? Make a deal with Gus (a la extortion)?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, no one has made a comment on the finale? The scene with the P.I. annihilating those guys in that building was fantastic.

Great move on Walt and Jesse - I just wonder who's head that bullet entered.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
fantastic ep.has anybody also noticed how great the soundtrack has been this season?
i wonder if theres a cd you can buy

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Wow, no one has made a comment on the finale?

Is it over? I thought that part two would be coming after this Rubicon preview, but this sneak preview is a full-blown episode.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be more than one hour as well, but nope.

Humperdink

Reaction score
I like Vince Gilligan as creative overseer more than as director, and the episode's pacing was too abrupt.

But great scene - acting, everything - when Walt calls Jesse at the very end. I thought we were seeing the last degeneration of Walt's character right up until his brilliant gambit.

Now did poor Gayle get it or not? And if he did, how much time can Walt really expect to buy?

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Humperdink
I like Vince Gilligan as creative overseer more than as director, and the episode's pacing was too abrupt.

But great scene - acting, everything - when Walt calls Jesse at the very end. I thought we were seeing the last degeneration of Walt's character right up until his brilliant gambit.

Now did poor Gayle get it or not? And if he did, how much time can Walt really expect to buy?

as long as he doesnt train anybody new,all the time in the world

Humperdink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
as long as he doesnt train anybody new,all the time in the world

Gus (with Mike and Victor) is much better at violence than Walt, and despite being a "reasonable" businessman, I wouldn't be surprised if he threatened to kill/torture Jesse or even Walt's wife in order to force Walt to train a replacement asap. Walt'll either be dead, go to the DEA or kill Gus at this rate, imo.

Dan K

Reaction score
I would guess its going to have something to do with Walt and Gus, no way they can kill off Walt, hes the whole show. No way he would just go to the DEA, thats just boring.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
how about Walt takes out Gus and becomes the new kingpin...remember how he learned mikes lesson about "no half measures"...gus told him once "never make the same mistake twice" and i think Gus is gonna regret teaching Walt that lesson

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Humperdink
I wouldn't be surprised if he threatened to kill/torture Jesse or even Walt's wife in order to force Walt to train a replacement asap.

Gus also has to proceed with caution. He wouldn't want to piss off or scare the hell out of Walt too much since the product has to be impeccable in order to sustain his independence from the cartel which has already made its reappearance this episode.

Originally Posted by Dan K
No way he would just go to the DEA, thats just boring.

Last episode I already began thinking that Jesse would ultimately go to the DEA, which in some capacity would involve Hank. It would be a perfect reunion between the two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads