• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Was I the only one who thought Walt's last-second intervention was a little too deus ex machina?

I didn't think it was. Walt heard the report on the TV -- which was unsurprising, as Skylar said it had been on all day -- and immediately knew Jesse would be pushed over the edge. The best place to go looking for Jesse would be that corner, as those dealers were always there. If Jesse wasn't there (yet), Walt could either wait for him or go looking for him.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Walt Jr. is braking bad.

r2427128558.jpg

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
anybody else notice whenever something "bad" is going to happen/being discussed the color green pops up?
(symbolic color of poison)
for ex when Skylar started to get ideas about Walts money in the lawyers office etc she was wearing a green shirt,also Walt on numerous occasions only when some **** was going down.
also when jesse was convicing wendy (love her theme song by the way) to poison the dealers her room was flush with green becaise of the green blinds
theres also many many other examples not too mention the title screen itself is green.

green=poison=money....discuss
or am i just smoking too much of walts meth over here?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing those low-level street thugs were Gus' "trusted" associates. Let alone the fact that he brought them to his HQ. Just something about the whole setup.

Jesse skimming for measly portions to sell in rehab made me go roll my eyes. He redeemed himself though when he stood up to Gus.

The slow, once a season, episodes with Walt and Jesse in a single room are painful to watch.

I'm so glad those twins are out of the picture. Every scene they were in was overly-dramatic and obnoxious, not to mention their suit fits left much to be desired.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was impressed with Jesse standing up to Gus. He made Walt look like a *****, sitting there uncomfortably across the table. I think that made for a nice set up to Walt finally standing up for something and stepping in at the end.

Still, I have a hard time accepting that both Walt and Jesse are so shocked by the street level casualties to their line of work. They're getting PAID. If I was Gus I'd execute both of them post haste.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I think what bothered Jesse the most was that they turned a kid into a hitman.
Bingo. There needs to be some level of standards even amongst street professionals. I mean they did execute the kid once they were done with him.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i honestly cannot ever think of any other show with such well drawn characters...

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
i honestly cannot ever think of any other show with such well drawn characters...

+1 And that much maligned episode with just Walt and Jesse in the lab helped with that.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ehhh sopranos? helllooooooooo.... as much as i love BB...come on Sopranos and the gang are missed

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I loved the Sopranos, but I never found myself contemplating character motivations, interactions and so forth watching Tony and the gang the way that I do with Team White.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I loved the Sopranos, but I never found myself contemplating character motivations, interactions and so forth watching Tony and the gang the way that I do with Team White.

so what you are saying is you can relate more to a meth cook then a wiseguy hehe...i kid i kid

David Watts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
is the finale next week going to be longer than the usual?
According to the schedule, the finale episode ends at 11:40, so yes. PS - I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but, judging from next week's preview, and of course the actions of Sunday's show... Heisenberg is back!!!
308egbo.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads