• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Was a fairly interesting game though. Wasn't "one for the ages" but a good game. Controversy (early offside), some killer saves by rsa's keeper, rsa scoring the first goal and the ensuing joy/celebration, desmond tutu's dance, late equalizer, and good chances by each team down the stretch to win it. It wasn't 2 of the elite teams and talents playing but that's not the only requirement for enjoyment and was still a fine match. I've seen much worse/boring games involving better talent

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a shame regular soccer can't be as exciting as international play all the time.

daft

Reaction score
^club football > international football
mls and other non-european competitions are an exception

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Isn't the suit easier to alter afterwards, though? I have no idea, would simply hope that is the case.

The answer, as usual, is... yes and no.

Certain minor alterations - shortening the sleeves (as long as you can do it from the sleeve end) taking in the sides, are pretty basic, something pretty much any place can do. However, I would never recommend someone get a suit online when they have access to good shopping and a decent tailor, because there are important things that are nearly impossible to get right without actually trying on a suit, such as the pitch of the sleeve and are nearly impossible to alter properly.

This is for regularly shaped/sized people. Xeno is a midget - sorry, Little Person - so his issues are probably not issues for most.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really had hoped Henri would have made more happen during his minutes of the URA -v- FRA game.

--- If we move to this small town (761 people) like we might, i am going to find all kinds of rad workwear in the nearby towns' St. Vincent DePaul and Goodwill.

-rF

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tried in the short questions thread...has anyone seen the Rag and Bone summer long johns floating around anywhere in a medium? All I want to wear are those, hi-tops/boots and a leather, all year long. Unfortunately, all I got covered are the kicks
frown.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quoting these from a semi-DT:
Originally Posted by dunelly
one thing i realize is low rise jeans looks terrible for people with skinny build. stretches the body to be too long and makes the thighs too short and skinny medium rise 10.5 and above looks much better i can wear slim pants with med to high rise, but low rise = feminine look
This is wrong bro. If you're a bigger dude you need a higher rise, in general.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i find med-high rise is more feminine tbh as it accentuates the hips and ass more not complaining, just saying
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
if u got it flaunt it
Man going along with my want for a superhero-short leather jacket, i also want some tight hi rise jeans ala Grease:
grease_1.jpg
9949-rock-ngbc_large.jpg
Anyone know who makes some tight, high-wasted black jeans? no bootcut either.

Dai19

Reaction score
That anime guy's jeans look like the kind of fit you'd get with some tight levis, and I know they make 'em in black. Get 501's but don't size up in the waist if you want that kind of fit with a high rise.

...my lord, I'm critiquing the fit of a fictional character. I need a stiff drink.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudie High Kais?

I never got into the whole super-high leather jacket thing, for the same reason I'm not too into the double rider: it's too costumey for me. It can definitely work for some people, though.

bakatora

Reaction score
I support the idea of Eason picking up the McNairy digital camo trousers from Epaulet and swaggerjacking guile

c00kz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dai19
That anime guy's jeans look like the kind of fit you'd get with some tight levis, and I know they make 'em in black. Get 501's but don't size up in the waist if you want that kind of fit with a high rise.

...my lord, I'm critiquing the fit of a fictional character. I need a stiff drink.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads