• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creepy Sartorial Images

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I recommend a lifetime ban from SF.

Are you scared of independent gorgeous + size ladies showing some pride in themselves?
laugh.gif

We're all for equal opportunities on SF.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
WTF? Did you actually look at this guy, or did you just $hit on him 'cause he's big? Those pants are flat front, they fit his hips, there's no excess fabric in the crotch, and his belt is not loose. The tie is the right length, the shirt collar fits, and the collar is a decent proportion to his face.

Is he big? Yes. Is he dressed poorly? No. I think he looks better than most of the bigger sized guys out there. His clothes fit him and they fit him well.

+1. Tie knot even has a dimple (sort of).

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
He is gorgeous...Already plastified and ready to use...

That looks like some duck tape fashion contest or something of that sort

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
WTF? Did you actually look at this guy, or did you just $hit on him 'cause he's big? Those pants are flat front, they fit his hips, there's no excess fabric in the crotch, and his belt is not loose. The tie is the right length, the shirt collar fits, and the collar is a decent proportion to his face. Is he big? Yes. Is he dressed poorly? No. I think he looks better than most of the bigger sized guys out there. His clothes fit him and they fit him well.
+10,000 This photo should be removed from the thread altogether. Nothing creepy about it at all. The only things I would alter on the young mans outfit would be to add a wider belt and a dark jacket, which I am sure he already owns. To post this young man's photo for the purpose of disrespecting him (and without his knowledge or permission) was mean-spirited and completely un-called for violation of decency, dignity and common sense. Edit- Please do not respond to this (my) posting. Instead, continue reading following posts for clarification on next page. Thank you all.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Doxe, to post this young man's photo for the purpose of disrespecting him (and without his knowledge or permission) was mean-spirited of you and a completely un-called for violation of decency, dignity and common sense.

How is this different than any other photo in the thread?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
The outfit's not bad, but it's the serial-killer stare that makes it creepy.

If that's all that was required to have your picture posted in this thread then more than half of WAYWN (MC and SWD) would be in here.

This thread has gone more downhill than the Sartorialist thread...
rolleyes.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
How is this different than any other photo in the thread?
Hi Doc, With respect, your question addresses not just me, but everyone who protested the use of that photo before me. I'll be happy to respond after each and every member who protested the use of that photo before me responds to your question first, though the answer to the question already lays within the words of all who have protested its usage, and specifically within the words you highlighted of my own post. btw, great avatar, and I enjoy reading your posts very much.
smile.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Hi Doc,
With respect, your question addresses not just me, but everyone who protested the use of that photo before me. I'll be happy to respond after each and every member who protested the use of that photo before me responds to your question first, though the answer to the question already lays within the words of all who have protested its usage, and specifically within the words you highlighted of my own post.
btw, great avatar, and I enjoy reading your posts very much.
smile.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to single you out. I'm actually agreeing with you, only on a larger scale. Most of the people pictured in this thread strike me as easy targets. Fat, funny looking, weird, whatever -- do we really need a standing thread mocking such obvious targets? The thread has become a source of ongoing nastiness, and I'm surprised it remains sanctioned after we lost RJman to the sort of unfortunate behavior Internet anonymity affords.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads