• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^theres a big difference between culture and personal interested in clothes/objects, the latter often being closely related to consumption...

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm getting a little annoyed that buying a pair of shoes from a member here gets them to my door faster than even charging my card occurs from a professional business. At this rate I'm hoping my other pair of shoes gets here sometime this month...
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Just went on the "hot chicks with douchebags" website and hot dang we have a winner... I'm not sure whether this is meant to make me feel pathetic for not being able to compete with it, or if instead I should be commending it for being able to pull girls in spite of it's severe fashion handicap.
At least at college age I don't think girls care an awful lot about how dudes dress. Main concern is tall and after that being Fight Club buff (I mean low bf%) and good looking (basically comes with low bf%) comes next. A lot of places still think only gay men dress well. Then there's countries like Korea where "dressing well" means something entirely different. Also I've been into the whole fashion thing in a serious sense for a bit more than a year. Had a brief period where I got bored, back on track again. I basically just keep going from an MC/SW&D mix to gay fireman. Gay fireman is a lot easier to do though. The more MC style takes some more skill despite looking like it's easy. I like suits, wish my gf did too but she's not a fan.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^theres a big difference between culture and personal interested in clothes/objects, the latter often being closely related to consumption...

Sure but I believe without a genuine interest in aesthetics you are bound to run on empty after a while (as far as evolving interests goes), you'll still buy **** but not learn about new stuff.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard theories that your musical taste calcifies in your late teens or early twenties--hence the popularity of classic rock, oldies, etc. Eventually the vast majority of people settle on what they like and when the industry moves on, they don't.

Wonder how much that might apply to clothes.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Sure but I believe without a genuine interest in aesthetics you are bound to run on empty after a while (as far as evolving interests goes), you'll still buy **** but not learn about new stuff.
True enough, I think developing your style goes part in parcel with having an interest in fashion. If you aren't interested in what others wear, then you are only interested in what you wear - and therefore aren't interested in fashion and won't/can't develop your style outside of yourself (because there's no reason to refer to others as we've deduced that you are only interested in your own style).

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most things in life, there is an ebb and flow. You'll be back. Probably with even more interest.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Every single person in that picture looks like they were thrown in to a My Size Shake n Bake bag.

I will never understand why people put on so much tanner. A little bit might be fine now and then, but most people seem to slather it on like paint.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pale girls > tan girls 9 times out of 10

Notorious xx is so amazing, ****'s been nonstop for weeks

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Pale girls > tan girls 9 times out of 10 Notorious xx is so amazing, ****'s been nonstop for weeks
Notorious xx? What is that. Also I can't agree with you on the tan comment. But Girls with real skin color / tan look better than fake tan girls 9 times out of ten. edit - oh **** just looked it up, I love both bands, gotta check it out

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I got it from a torrent but I could upload it later tonight if you can't find it (or download it track by track from the above link)

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Yeah I am doing the latter. This is good, will prolong my enjoyment of XX which I have been playing to death lately.

Same here.

XX, Unicorns, Foxy Shazam, Edwarde Sharp, and Andrew Jackson Jihad have not left rotation on my iPod lately. New LCD Soundsystem is pretty good too.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found something I need from yoox. it's already marked down, but still more than I'm prepared to pay. right now, it's on 40% sale. will they do further markdowns? if so, when? don't wanna miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads