• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
That's pretty cool. Great execution of a great concept.

Got caught on the hop by the countdown on the camera while buttoning up the jacket, but I kind of liked the effect so didn't bother retaking the pic...

jun07003.jpg
jun07002.jpg

Although the final pic shows your colour and pattern matching to be superb, I can't help but think that a narrower tie might be more flattering overall. The breadth of your current one seems to create shortening-widening effect on the shirt which could be improved with a less physically broad tie.

Just my 2 cents, after all I still can't achieve something that looks as good as the finished ensemble.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Although the final pic shows your colour and pattern matching to be superb, I can't help but think that a narrower tie might be more flattering overall. The breadth of your current one seems to create shortening-widening effect on the shirt which could be improved with a less physically broad tie.

Just my 2 cents, after all I still can't achieve something that looks as good as the finished ensemble.

agree on the tie, in the open coat pic it looks too wide/short. Is that a 3.75" tie Holdfast?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pants are choc brown, not black.
4679363299_22d644d2cc.jpg
4679997636_fbd3f73641.jpg
4679366831_37ee727f0b.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Although the final pic shows your colour and pattern matching to be superb, I can't help but think that a narrower tie might be more flattering overall. The breadth of your current one seems to create shortening-widening effect on the shirt which could be improved with a less physically broad tie. Just my 2 cents, after all I still can't achieve something that looks as good as the finished ensemble.
Originally Posted by edmorel
agree on the tie, in the open coat pic it looks too wide/short. Is that a 3.75" tie Holdfast?
Good feedback guys. I'm not sure what the exact width is, but it's certainly amongst the wider ones in my wardrobe, for sure. Length-wise, I don't think it's too short, but it could stand to be a little narrower, I do agree. However, I'm too cheap to bother getting it recrafted, and do like the pattern, so won't be ditching it any time soon. In my defence, the width isn't all that noticeable normally (I'm standing slightly side-on in the photo, which exaggerates its width relative to the shirt width you can see I think). But good eyes, fellows, good eyes.
teacha.gif

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just returned from a vacation in Vegas. I was only armed with my phone and my friend's Elph so I decided to make up for the poor picture quality by posting annoyingly large sizes of crappy, waist-up, bathroom mirror shots. RLBL suit/shirt/tie, Wang PS, S. T. Dupont cufflinks, C&J Dalton in black calf (not to be confused with the Darlton):
4679699019_82f3227622_b_d.jpg
Sid Mashburn OCBD shirt, Incotex pants, RL Polo suede belt, AE Melrose in suede
4680330204_e5ce52bffc_b_d.jpg
Sid Mashburn shirt, Borrelli pants, RLPL brown calf belt, Vass Italian oxfords in brown calf + the only essentials for a trip
4679699089_5b86c5740f_b_d.jpg
I brought along a couple of jackets, but the weather wasn't particularly accommodating. Most of my time was spent eating and lounging at various venues since I'm not much of a gambler or anything of a club rat. O was the only show I caught, but I ended up eating at L'Atelier, Mesa Grill, Le Cirque, Fix, etc. The Seasonal Discovery menu + wine pairings at L'Atelier were probably the highlight food wise of the trip and beat (imho) the tasting menu + wine pairings at Le Cirque. It made me look forward to trying Robuchon's other affair when I'm there next time.
4680330252_9be7bda578_b_d.jpg
I also had my fair share of various martinis and random food
4680330274_6abdcc34e1_b_d.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
My back is sore
That's because you were facing the wrong way.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

beautiful.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
8ccab679.jpg

wonderfully done Spoo

Originally Posted by IST66
6-5.jpg

iLike!!

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Along with lovers, fuggers, and thieves Monday:

- B

tres bien!!

Originally Posted by chrisb0109
A couple from recent days

_MG_8020.jpg

i like the tie ... but not with the shirt.

Originally Posted by richard_to
Go easy on me guys:
- I didn't have access to a decent camera, so sorry about the poor quality picture
- It's my first WAYWRN post

MuMhL.jpg

- welcome and fairly good look overall. i think the jacket and pants might be too close in color. maybe a lighter rinse jeans or khakis would have provided better contrast.
- will be nice to see a better pic with more details. hope you keep posting.

Originally Posted by jgrr

- the pants need hemming and i think the collar could be tighter.
- is that a one button suit?

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
yup. Wings vs Caps.

Woe - i think two different shoes is a case of trying too hard?

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Wore this Saturday, ditched the coat by 2 pm as it got too damn humid to wear a coat.. Shirt is actually from J Crew, they've got some great madras this year:

rl14312173.jpg

iLike the field jacket. works well with the plaid pants and jacket. nice fit!!

Originally Posted by IBJanky
Had a pretty good week so far...

nice pics Myke ... looks like a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by gazman70k
They are kung fu fighting again...

standard.jpg

iLike gaz!

Ramuman - looks like Vegas was lots of fun.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Wore this Saturday, ditched the coat by 2 pm as it got too damn humid to wear a coat.. Shirt is actually from J Crew, they've got some great madras this year:

rl14312173.jpg

I just wore this exact outfit today... The J Crew long sleeved Madras shirts are actually really neat, I would definitely recommend them

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Good morning, iGents.
Mike - that shirt is killer, and I love the fabric of your suit. Im the pot calling the kettle black, but if you ramp up the quality of pics, I think I would appreciate them even more.
Originally Posted by PandArts
Killer suit Spoo!!!
worship.gif

Originally Posted by onix
This is great Spoo. Details on the shoes? EG?
Originally Posted by fritzl
love the suit...
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
+1 where is it from?
Originally Posted by MBreinin
One of your better looks, Spoo. I see what you are up to.
fight[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Mike

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Great suit. RLPL by any chance? If it's not, and it's custom, what's the fabric?
Originally Posted by Macallan9
Is that Isaia, Spoo? Lovely. I wasnt sold on the red windowpane, but it really does look great.
Originally Posted by Prince
Great outfit SpooPoker, perfection. The suit and the shoes are both extremely nice. I'd love to hear some details on those.
Originally Posted by tshaw
Very Nice, Spoo - subdued, Dude!
smile.gif
T PS - Love the cuffs!

Originally Posted by niidawg3
wonderfully done Spoo
Originally Posted by B2C2V
Exerent. A sure bet candidate in the Vox's Weekly.
Thank you very much everyone. And most of all, thanks to aportnoy who sold me the suit. It is an Isaia, red/charcoal super 100s(?). Its my first foray into cuff-dom as well, and I think I like it. The shoes are Crockett & Jones Edgware, socks are Pantherella, square is Hermes, and the tie is Kiton. Now lets see how I can ruin my great start to the week tomorrow...
devil.gif

dr. locktopus

Reaction score
NYR, I wore almost something similar today! Last minute change before I left had me in a sweater instead of a jacket.

Had to go see the new staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics