• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vegas
You're not going for a touch of the sprezz' with that tie, are you?
wink.gif

Unbuttoned collar and offset tie...
biggrin.gif
Yeah the tie's cheap, but I like the pattern.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
Your problem seems to be that you have absolutely no idea of balance: tie-knot vs. shirt, dispersion of stripes, size...you maybe are only looking at your sleeves which are strangely enough 'ok', 'strangely' so, I ought to empahsize. Also- the tie is too long, the colours (tie PS what the ****!) don't match, the trouser length is overly long, no socks...etc².

Colours don't match? More skillful that matching, his colors are in harmony.
smile.gif

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
My attempt at sprezz

OH DAMN, 13000th reply to WAYWRN

dsc05086x.jpg

Modern Tailor
Uniqlo Tie (really cheap)
PRL Belt
Mabitex Pants

Shoes not pictured because they're that bad. Too lazy to change them for the picture.​

I am gonna be an ass here, so take what I am going to say with a grain of salt
blush.gif
: for your frame, skinny tie, skinny belt and slim fit shirt don't compliment anything, especially with a relax fit pants.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
blush.gif
: for your frame, skinny tie, skinny belt and slim fit shirt don't compliment anything, especially with a relax fit pants.

Thanks for the input. I can see what you mean. The seat on those pants does seem to be a bit large. They also were worn a full day and need to be washed. I think just rolling down the sleeves and having a wider tie would do it. I really have never worn the tie outside; I just put it on for the picture to try something out. It probably is is too skinny for my frame, especially with the tiny knot I made.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
blush.gif

Agreed, I think your collar would lend itself to a wider knot. Maybe a 2.75" wide tie.

Not feeling the white pants with white shirt however, maybe a nice charcoal since your completion is so fair? Also, something that sits above the waist. I am a bit top tall (dont hate me
facepalm.gif
) and when i wear low rise pants it looks like i have an extra long torso with little short legs. Not saying your proportions are as bad as mine, but i think you may benefit from something a little higher up. (come to think of it, i maybe thrown off since your feet are cut off)

Belt - i would say a leather woven belt

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Back to work...

Details:
BB blazer & shirt
Drakes
HY pant
C&J Lowndes
RayBans
JLC MGT
Not my ride

Looking good, but seriously pissed off
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Looks great - but I can't help feeling you should have gone brown (and preferably suede) with the shoes... I like the shoes you're wearing, but I can't help feeling they're really jeans shoes...
Cheers - I wouldn't wear them with jeans (I bought them mainly for mid grey suits). I'm not a fan of Oxfords with suits.
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I love the color of those shoes. Are they that grey in real life?
Pretty much - there's a hint of brown in the depths, but they're basically grey.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Tail end of a long, wrinkly day:
Nice combination and great shoes.

EFBenson

Reaction score
a George Bespoke [of Cleveland Street] special...

linen odd jacket with pale horn buttons
pale blue corduroy trousers [13oz Scabal]

shirt and tie: Russell & Hodge stock/sample white shirt with Rubinacci knitted silk tie

picture taken last week in Hollywood, CA

Canal Directo

Reaction score

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
honestly, i cannot remember her and i'm a child of the 80ies(or at least, used to be)

She was only world famous in The Netherlands.

tshaw

Reaction score
Hey, Musicguy - what musical instrument you play? (Notice, everyone, I made a clarification on 'musical insturment' and not just 'instrument' - don't want 'somone' to misinterpret)
laugh.gif

T

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Hey, Musicguy - what musical instrument you play? (Notice, everyone, I made a clarification on 'musical insturment' and not just 'instrument' - don't want 'somone' to misinterpret)
laugh.gif

T

Thanks for the clarification.
penisguitar_2.jpg

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
of course i remember that. and if i remember right you were criticized for the tone of your feedback. no one has a problem when anybody here is criticized. it is the bush league tone used that raises eye brows. it creates the perception that the delivery of the message is getting personal - and that is a female trait.

Hmm... I actually think that there might be a cultural difference here. I often thought that Americans criticize quite differently from how I would... much less clearly (in my eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads